It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Indian Lake Project

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Hey I just wanted to say that I'm from Indian Lake, NY. Today my mother's friend told her she'd stumbled upon this website abt. "The Indian Lake Project" which none of us had ever even heard of before. Once i started reading i couldn't stop, we are undecided on whether we believe this man to be telling the truth, or just starting another "blair witch project" hoax. I am very ineterested in this, either way, especially being from this area along with generations of my family. Do you all believe his claims? I cant decide whether to or not....so many people go missing up here all the time and the forest rangers and search parties alone have been thru these woods, not including all the hunters, snowmobilers, hikers etc... however a lot of those who've gone missing are never found, so it is definately possible that these tunnells and such have gone undiscovered, or at least unnoticed....idk. i, personally, have always said that this town would be perfect for a gov conspiracy b/c we are so isolated and it would be so easy to hide things in these woods lol maybe i was hinting to something that happened 3 decades before i was even born. interesting to say the least

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ILGRL

Hello ILGRL. Welcome to the ATS boards. I am not sure what to make of this story. At this point I am leaning toward fiction because of the photo evidence discussed in this thread, but who knows.
Maybe you could ask friends and relatives and see if anybody knows anything. Never know wht one little clue could lead to.
Thanks for dropping by my thread!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I am definately going to ask around, especially my Uncle who was born here and just recently published a book on the history of Indian Lake, of course nothing abt. and Indian Lake Project is mentioned, but if it was a "conspiracy or secret" it would not be. But he is a history buff so if there were any 'stories' he should be able to find out. I will keep u all informed if i find anything new. so far i'm leaning toward fiction myself. I dont know where u r located, or if u'd remember a girl named Sarah Wood or a man named Lewis Lent. When i was younger he kidnapped this girl and apparently had her in his van and drove thru our town and had stopped at restaraunts and been seen but no one at the time knew of what he was up to. when found he claimed he had killed her and buried her in the woods somewhere in the area. i remember they searched for her body everywhere for a long time. if there was anything in the woods in this area u'd think that with all the searches that have taken place here in the past would have uncovered at least something. idk, i will check into it. it's still interesting either way.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
hello agan, after writing the last reply i went back and had the time to read everyones blogs leading to this. Rainmaker i noticed u said u are not far from here, and have a friend who knows of my town Indian Lake. I was wondering where u actually were....if u were in the small towns closer to us you would definately have known of Indian Lake and that you were so close. Just was curious.... But i do not know of a Girl Scout Camp that was located in our town in the 80's, or actually of any camp for kids. I thought it was very interesting that u'r friend said "yes" to having known of a military camp here.....i have yet to find a local who knows anything and if u've ever been to our town, this is unusual being that our town is incredibly small. i'm wondering if maybe the reason John refers to it as "near" Indian Lake that it is not actually in the town, but near the lake. If u r not from the area u dont know that the actual Indian Lake is in Sabael which lies in between Indian Lake (town) and Lake Pleasant. I'm not sure but it was just a thought, it's always stuck out that he always referrs to the project being "near" Indian Lake not in it. haha sorry for writing so much, this is just quite interesting being from this town and never knowing abt. any of this until just yesterday.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
While researching I came across this video. Not directly related to the John's site but it came up in my search of the indian lake project. Very informative, and scary if it is true.
Monarch II Video

This is all very interesting. I've often wondered about Government testing such as this. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that it exists. I just wish we had more evidence to prove it. This Indian Lake thing does "sound" true, but it also has the essence of some kind of marketing scheme don't you think?

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
ILGIRL - I will send you a U2U in response to your comments. I don't live too close to that area, but close enough that the town shares a weekly newspaper with my town...which I never paid attention to before!

The crime you mentioned is not the same one that I was told about; I need to locate the notes I took and post some more info, or just share it with ILGIRL on a U2U to see what more can be learned.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Please keep us informed on anything you find out. I would still like to see where this all leads to. If nothing else it is still very interesting and entertaining.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Rainmaker, yes pls do send me a u2u with any info u'd like to share. i have found out a couple minor, but interesting things. In the book "History of Hamilton County" there is mention of a base called "Skywatch Quarters" ordered to be stationed in Indian Lake and Blue Mountain Lake back around than, but i will have to find that info again and repost it.So far that's really it, been a little busy so haven't had a chance to find otu much more. But the search continues....lol Hopefully we solve this mystery whatever it may be. i agree that either way it is very intriguing.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
hello again. idk how many of u are still actually checkin on the ILP page, but "John" has posted a new blog, only answering some e-mails, but had no new information. I'm really begin to lean more towards "fake" now. looking into everything it seems harder to believe this actually took place. and if "john" is so scared why would'nt he share all the info he has, and tell more people, wouldn't that make him feel a bit safer? if more people knew the harder it would be to shut them all up, right? I do know that there are some people saying this "John S" should put up or shut up, if he is for real, than get the word out, people need to know. If he plans on making his "good story" into a book/ movie etc...than perhaps he should think about the town he's using. I've heard some say that they dont like the fact he's putting Indian Lake's name out there associated with such a disturbing incident. Especially if he's planning to make money off of it. I still believe that this ILP happening is very plausible, yet "John S" seems to be a little too secretive. I'm not sure. but i thought i'd share my opinions and that of others i have talked to in the area. Was just wondering what everyone else is thinking...thanx

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Upon veiwing the pictures there was one that struck me.....

Doesnt it remind you of the Secret Nazi 'Flytrap' or 'NAzi-bell"?

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hi, this is my first post here, so I will give you a little of my Background. I moved to a village 25 miles from Indian Lake seven years ago. My wifes family all come from the Indian lake/ Blue Mountain Lake area. I have several of her family asking their older relatives about this project. So far nobody has come up with anything on a military base.
I am not trying to debunk JOHNS theory, but a few things seem flimsy. Somebody asked JOHNS for GPS co-ordinates for this alleged camp, and he refused to give them. Why would he do this if he wanted to add credence to his story?
The picture of the Helicopter, I find very strange. There is a midnight blue helicopter(looks almost black), that belongs to the New York Department of Conservation, and flies in and out of their base in Big Brook Road all the time in the summer months. It is not a Hewey though, so is that photo genuine, or placed on his site for effect?
In the 1950's there was a Construction Camp where local teens were employed, and stayed in barracks like buildings, working on the logging roads, bridges and such like. Did he stumble on the ruins of that,unless he says where exactly these buildings are, we will never know.Several of my wifes cousins worked and stayed at this camp. The CC camps as they were locally known, were set up by President Roosevelt to give locals meaningful work, after the war!
I will post again if I find out more.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Having read more of this conspiracy, another couple of points JOHNS makes are tenuous at the best.
The Cowsills were a locally known group, but to state their lyrics "Indian Lake is a scene you should make with your little one", are definately meaning the ILP, without having spoken to a member of the group, and asking what they mean, is stretching things a bit. Couldn't they just mean, something you should enjoy with your children. Millions of people have visited the Adirondacks with their families for just such enjoyment.
As for the picture of the truck being military? I (and I am sure ILGRL) can walk within two minutes to several dead, abandoned trucks in the woods.
Before the various Government agencies(The APA, NYSDEC, ADC,and EPA) took control of the Adirondacks, it was common practice to take, or tow, or abandon where it died, your trucks in the woods, rather than pay to take them to a scrapyard. Seeing there are no scrapyards for over a hundred miles, it made economical sense to dump them.
Seeing the Adirondacks, until recently, have been heavily"logged", chances are it is just a logging truck.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I just wanted to chime in and co-sign Russian's statements regarding the brushes. I immediately noticed they look like standard Photoshop grunge brushes you can download from many graphic design sites. I'm certain the blog is a hoax.

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
So far everyone I have spoken to in Indian Lake thinks it is a hoax.
Indian Lake is a widespread town, with a small population. Everyone knows everyone, and everyone knows everyones business. The centre of the community(for information), is Jayne and Cathy's restaurant, known locally as the "Gab and Stab!" I am sure if there was a "Military Complex " there somebody would know, especially as there are only two roads in and out of town, and they are State Routes.
Somebody mentioned a Scout Camp in Indian Lake, that was true, and it was situated on Chimney Mountain, on the outskirts of town. Nobody seems to remember concrete buildings there, more wooden structures in keeping with the area.
I see JOHNS claims he found a underground complex, which he entered after picking a padlock belonging to the Marine Corps. Now we have the Army and the Marine Corps involved. I find it hard to believe( I am open to being proved wrong) that somebody who served there wouldn't have told a member of family about it by now.

[edit on 16-2-2008 by RLRambler]

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
this really sounds like it would make a great book. Right along the lines of Sieze the Night by Dean Koontz...Let him write it...I'll buy it and read it

posted on Feb, 16 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
this really sounds like it would make a great book. Right along the lines of Sieze the Night by Dean Koontz...Let him write it...I'll buy it and read it

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Somehow this morning I ended up at the Indian Lake Project site and read through it. Then because I'm a questioner by nature, I had to Google it and was directed here. I don't know anything about "grunge brushes" but Russian's tape demo convinced me. Actually, I have to say that I was suspicious of the "damage" to some of the photos already, particularly the headshots of the three children. And when I look closely at the photos of the soldier with the 3 boys and the one of the woman soldier with the girl, the children seem to be lit from a different angle than the adult in both photos. And another thing I noticed, in the photos of the "just discovered" concrete structure, purportedly taken in mid-October, the foliage on the trees looks more like late Spring/early Summer foliage to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I have sent an E-Mail to the author, asking for more details............Not that I expect an answer!

[edit on 19-2-2008 by RLRambler]

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
its a valid drop box or email.. I really admire how well written and mesmerizinfg this is..after all it invoves children and immediately activates our protection mode..Have been around some pretty old pictures there is something about these that the kids ares so clear and the scratches and things look like an overlay something done afterwards....I cant quite put it into words but I am sure there is one somewhere..
And I am so happy JohnS is supporting his site thru the sales of T shirts at cafe express
www.cafepress.com...
every little helps.
I wonder do they come in colors or what..are they 100 percent cotton..I have allergy to polyester and must avoid things like that.

As for tunnels and things , I dont know..it is my understanding that areas like that date back colonial times, as well as civil war and days of prohibition.. bootlegging ..just like we have at mexican borders..may even be still used for smuggling who knows..but I would not be too quick to ascribe findng one of those connecting houses even blocks way as too sinister in origin.

Good Luck in the research..

It would be good to do a stat check on the number of kids that disappear and return..those that are taken by custodial parents and really extract he ones that Disappear..or just vanish..
There is abuse and exploitation..Im not sure the army is doing it though yet they did some syphyliis and lsd testing back a ways. and released something in the subways in NY at one time..so...so I dont put anything past them..or the private sector..they are one and the same now..the tail wagging the dog..
as for kids with earphones..there was a thing called learning labs in school, in music we were exposed to all kinds of frequencies..and dreadful sounds..wspecially the william tell overture..
If the author gets evasive..well ..thats not good..we can forgive an error or too in recall but not evasion or buckmaking unless it goes to a childrens trust, and on the evasion .Ask LMH for advice.

[edit on 21-2-2008 by Sys_Config]

KTK

posted on Feb, 21 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks sys,

That was the nail on the coffin

Lesson to stay away from people flogging merchandise is learnt. Its always the same cheap shoddy crap being sold too.

It is amazing the lengths scammers go to make $$$

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join