It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secrets - In Australia??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Hi all,

I live in the down under, but im just wondering if there is any secret(s) here is Australia. I know we have ASIO (Australian Security Intelligence Organisation ) and im sure that we have a few dumbs, but does anyone have any intel on any programs, other secret organisations, black op programs.... within Australia.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thx

"Incoming fire has the right of way"

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Elm024]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Oh come on Elmo, if we told you we'de have to kill you hehehhe. Seriously tho you no it a very secretive place here in oz.
They see all. see ya nuts.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I reckon there's so much more going on here that we could ever be aware of. ASIO are just the dregs at the bottom of the cup when it comes to alphabet agencies active in Australia, as the United States has a big presence here, regardless of who is PM.

Pine Gap and the Harold Holt comms station are just the start of it. This is a country with ridiculously vast and uninhabited open spaces, immediate access to Antarctica, the southern Pacific and Atlantic oceans, and a small population. The north-western coast of Western Australia holds a fair bit of interest for me. There just has to be something going on up there.

But living in Vicco, it's a bit boring when it comes to secret government operations and projects.

KTK

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The Fortress Australia document is a good place to start.

members.iimetro.com.au...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Watch the Rocks,

You say there is something going on in the north-western coast of Australia?

What do you mean by that?, what do you think is going on up there.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The Western Australian coast is one of the best places in the world to conduct secret tests. It's remote, it's accessible from both land and sea, it's pretty temperate, and there is a massive naval communications station on it.
I haven't actually heard anything about things going on there, but it's just so perfect I have to wonder.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Yea good point dude...

Anyway thx for the posts.

elm0

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Go to Linda Moulton Howe Earthfiles site check out the google earth and Black Triangle....

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hell, i live in Australia......if there are literally places that people are calling dumbs or secret government military bases here, please to me about them, I’m very much willing to actual go there myself and see them up close.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
The Western Australian coast is one of the best places in the world to conduct secret tests. It's remote, it's accessible from both land and sea, it's pretty temperate, and there is a massive naval communications station on it.
I haven't actually heard anything about things going on there, but it's just so perfect I have to wonder.

There's the Australian Defense Communications station near Geraldton.

www.spacewar.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I worked with this guy who had similar clearance as me. He worked at some base in middle of nowhere in Australia.. One day our group was out for a few beers and got to talking about UFOs. I noticed he seemed to get real uncompfortable and in fact took off. That was not that unusual for him though.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
If you google earth Going Perth northbound, there's a LOT of strange things you can find

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Elm024

There are any number of stories about secret locations in Australia as well as our ancient past. If you want to start doing some research I recommend you start reading some of the material published by Rex Gilroy. Whether you believe it or not, it will make you think if nothing else

www.mysteriousaustralia.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I also live in Vic, and had (now deceased) an Uncle who was high up in the defence forces... I kind of wish I'd quizzed him about it before he passed away. Although he probably wouldn't have told me much, for my own sake
Anyway. There is an American guy I know who worked for some government research place in the US, and he is convinced Pine Gap holds more than the aussie or us government lets on. Even to the point that he told me not to travel up there and poke around, because people have 'gone missing' after those kinds of trips...

Also, there is a place in the grampians in VIC that apparently has weird lights on an almost nightly basis. I've also heard a lot of urban legends about UFO's in the west of VIC, east of SA... Seemingly more than other places in the country

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Entreri]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Check out this thread. Its one of the first I ever created on ATS. There is some interesting info in there.

Im from Melbourne btw.

CT

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is a topic that pops up every now and then on this board.

I am always interested, and I'm the same as Watch The Rocks, I believe that there are some strange things in the North-West of the country, as well as in the Northern areas.

Pine gap, well I'm convinced that there is something more shady going on up there than just a joint AUS-US communications station.

If I remember, there is another joint AUS-US for Over the Horizon radar in the top end (I can't remember where though, it was a while since I read about it.. I'll try and dig it up).

I'm in Adelaide, by the way.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
[DELETED DOUBLE POST]

[edit on 5-12-2007 by AussieNutter]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieNutter

A friend of mine worked in Queensland on the over the horizon radar both in the airforce, and then as a civilian..... He says there are huge questions being asked about medical problems turning up in the employees both civil and military from exposure to the local water supply........ I will find out more and post later. BTW the radar only works well in good weather.. best we dont get attacked on a rainy day eh!

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
When I was in the Army I was told by a Signalman about some of the weird radar 'blips' that were recorded. Mostly in NSW too which in itself interesting seeing its one of the highest populated areas.

He told me that recordings of these occurances were taken down to a lower level archival room on the same base (sorry - wasn't told which one). Never having experience with radar myself what sort of recording media do they use, if any?

[edit on 10-12-2007 by Zeeko]

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mungodave
A friend of mine worked in Queensland on the over the horizon radar both in the airforce, and then as a civilian..... He says there are huge questions being asked about medical problems turning up in the employees both civil and military from exposure to the local water supply........

That must be because Brisbane is the only capital city that doesn't add fluoride to their water supply!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join