It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texan 'hero' shoots and kills burglars

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BigJoeNYC

There is nothing “right” about it, he disobeyed an order from a law enforcement officer, he took the law into his own hands, he killed someone with premeditation, and he deserves the punishment for that crime. It is a crime, by the way, in all states. Even the most harsh of countries do not hand out death as the punishment for theft. Theft that may have only been a misdemeanor theft at that. The best he is going to get is life in prison, and that the worst, the death sentence., and that is “rightly so”…

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Defcon, not arguing with you or starting trouble. I just want to be clear of something. You think the robbers didn't deserve to die, but you think the shooter does deserve to die?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
No stupid, If they were caught they would do a short run in jail, maybe be deported. Then they would be back on the street doing the same thing OR cross the border again ILLEGALLY and do the same thing. If they got away they just might have killed some innocent person going about there daily life in the next adventure. What if it were you or a loved one that was hurt by these people? Grow some balls will you.

"Its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by BigJoeNYC
not me buddy I"m all for killing the bad guys> As for the Police I fully support them. Not a lib like you buddy.

How do you know that you are shooting a bad guy and not someone that had permission to enter the structure late at night and remove something? I work odd hours and often have to remove computer equipment that is stored in a friend’s garage late at night. I guess I am lucky this guy does not live next door to my friend.

Well when someone tells you to stop...you better do it then. I would suggest not making any sudden movement towards him either....and if you are only carrying out what you are supposed to then why would you be needing the crowbar ...lol

If your buddy lived in that neighborhood...I bet you that his neighbors know about you and your late night deliveries and pick ups. You yourself know this...so why make a comment like that?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by migliavacca

The law in most states is that premeditated first degree murder carries a sentence of either life in prison or the death penalty. Its not a matter of what I think, it’s a matter of what the law states. For that matter, he committed murder when he was instructed not to, he did not have to, and he was told the authorities were on the way, but he disregarded that. I am a strong supporter of the Darwin awards, and he is defiantly a major contender for those. I do not feel that anyone’s property is more valuable then someone’s life, no matter who that person may be.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks for answering my question. I appreciate the detailed post on your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don’t think that property more important than good people but its much better than a drugged out, illegal, criminal who I would support in prison for the next 3 years with my hard earned money.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

No stupid, If they were caught they would do a short run in jail, maybe be deported. Then they would be back on the street doing the same thing OR cross the border again ILLEGALLY and do the same thing. If they got away they just might have killed some innocent person going about there daily life in the next adventure. What if it were you or a loved one that was hurt by these people? Grow some balls will you.

"Its better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

You are a citizen of the US, right?
What happened to getting the chance to be judged by 12?
You also cannot judge someone for something that they have not done yet, so to say that they would commit a violent crime when they had no history of such is quite a leap of logic IMHO. Maybe you would like the legal system in some country like the old soviet union better then the laws of the US. Oh, but I see the laws about a fair trial, excessive force, and such only exist to protect you, not anyone else, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Yes I have to say that without the firearms we may still be having crumpets and tea....The firearms were a vital tool used to make this country....Yes we have a bloody past there is no denying that.

You are right guns dont have will and people do. Thank God we had forefathers that had the will to use them. It is like a sculpture...the chisel and file didnt make it...the artist did but without those tools his sculpture would never have taken shape....Guns and the US...well you cant spell guns w/o US...it would just be gn...lol...

YOU SAID:
And it's people who have allowed it to go astray... partly by fighting for their guns rather than their liberty

I can agree that it is partly the peoples fault...BUT come one partly by fighting for their guns rather than their liberty? What kinda crap are you talking there...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaferwerks
I can agree to disagree about this. The issue here gets skewed. Did the man do the right thing? Until you yourself walk in his shoes and know the state of mind the man was in you cannot judge him. He may have repeated that he was going to shoot them. But he may have been scared as hell and talking to himself. Rainman has a way of appearing in all of when when under duress. You know, you may suddenly be able to see how many toothpicks were dropped on the floor or remember that your dad let you drive slow in the driveway...The point is...Most human beings do not realise what they are capable of until they themselves are in that situation.

Rainman? LOL.

You sure are reaching for stuff now. If someone zones out and doesn't know they're talking to someone on the phone, that fool shouldn't be in possession of an instrument of death, homeboy. Try to gloss over this all you want; I HEARD the dude say he was going to kill them over and over, despite being told not to.

The thing with a child...These grown men were not children and I have a belief that if they had there asses beat when they were kids or had a father they probally wouldnt be stealing...only my opinion....not a phychologist. Intervene with someone BEATING a child.

Don't dance around what I said. My point was that property is more worth killing over than a child. That speaks volumes about the current state of this country.

Not if you werent home...what if you were gone but the wife and kids were home and without knowing their condition (lets say they are all fine) but
Do you think that anyone will try to rob that neighborhood anytime soon?

Enough of this baseless speculation, homeboy. I could also say what if the burglars had a posse roll up in a van with automatic heaters and turned Joe Horn into swiss cheese, but I'm not dealing in speculation, I'm dealing in facts, homeboy. And the facts are that this man committed a double murder that was caught on tape.

Come on now...people like me value the life of a dog more than a child?...wow talk about a thinly disguised racial slur there "PLAYA"...that is the most moronic and uneducated thing I have read during this whole post
there "HOMEBOY"

Racial slur, lol, is that all you've got? Guess what, homeboy? I'm part white, so how am I being racist to you? LOL.

I was following my point about the property being worth more than the life of a child. Let me break it down for you, homeboy. Michael Vick has been castrated in the media for fighting dogs, yet Leonard Little killed TWO people in a DWI crash and is STILL playing football today. THAT'S what I mean about people putting more worth on a canine life than a human life.

And as for "homeboy," I prefer that to "buddy" or "pal," but it has the same meaning.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Well when someone tells you to stop...you better do it then. I would suggest not making any sudden movement towards him either....and if you are only carrying out what you are supposed to then why would you be needing the crowbar ...lol

First off someone that is not a law enforcement officer has no right to tell me to stop, its not their place to do so. It is their right to call a police officer if they suspect that something suspicious is afoot. To be honest even the security guards at Walmart are not allowed to detain or stop you, even if you set the alarm off. If they stop and detain you, and you have not broken any laws, you can sue them. Maybe I need a crowbar to hold the door open while I have my hands full, again its not your place to judge me if your not a law enforcement officer, and its not your right to detain me. If you decide to do these things and you end up being wrong, then you are the one who would not only be going to jail, but also liable for a civil lawsuit.

These are legal facts folks, I am not making these things up…

If your buddy lived in that neighborhood...I bet you that his neighbors know about you and your late night deliveries and pick ups. You yourself know this...so why make a comment like that?

Again because it does apply, for all he knew it could have been people from the local utility company carrying equipment and a crowbar to access a cover plate.
The point is that your not going to win this argument because you guys are incorrect. The law clearly states that you can only detain someone if they are in the act of committing a felony, and you can only kill someone if you're in immediate danger with no possible means of escape.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
No just let all the criminals run wild. Half the laws in this country are for them anyway. Joe Horn did the right thing.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No just let all the criminals run wild. Half the laws in this country are for them anyway. Joe Horn did the right thing.

Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
That is a misdemeanor, same as theft below a certain amount of money…
Would it be ok if the driver next to you decided to deal out this kind of judgment against you when you broke the law by speeding?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

There is nothing “right” about it, he disobeyed an order from a law enforcement officer, he took the law into his own hands, he killed someone with premeditation, and he deserves the punishment for that crime. It is a crime, by the way, in all states. Even the most harsh of countries do not hand out death as the punishment for theft. Theft that may have only been a misdemeanor theft at that. The best he is going to get is life in prison, and that the worst, the death sentence., and that is “rightly so”…

This is a good point. For all the Muslim bashers (of which I'm sure a few reps are now posting here), think about that. Even the "savage" Muslims don't kill you for stealing. Sure, they chop your hand or foot off, but you're still alive.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

First off someone that is not a law enforcement officer has no right to tell me to stop, its not their place to do so.

You're not correct there. Non LEO's are allowed to make citizen arrests and are allowed to detain suspects until police arrive. Usually it's in committing a felonious act, which breaking and entering and robbery most likely are in Texas. So telling the criminals to stop...well you better stop.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Why aren't more people like yourself taking up arms against those who in the first place traffic drugs into this country? Why are the receivership the only ones being targeted by your would-be good neighbors? Not that burglars carrying a small bag of stolen goods would be mistaken for drug traffickers or drug kingpins. Yeah, get rid of the scum. Tell me, what big and nasty was in your bathtub using up all of your hot water? You've already identified the scum that was left behind after the tub has been drained. And just where did that dirt soup end up anyway?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Hey, they were illegals, remember? That means they probably didn't UNDERSTAND what he was saying. If someone yells that in Spanish to you, you probably run because they have a gun and are screaming at you. But when you're dead, too bad, right?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by migliavacca

First off someone that is not a law enforcement officer has no right to tell me to stop, its not their place to do so.

You're not correct there. Non LEO's are allowed to make citizen arrests and are allowed to detain suspects until police arrive. Usually it's in committing a felonious act, which breaking and entering and robbery most likely are in Texas. So telling the criminals to stop...well you better stop.

Citizen's arrest and citizen's execution are 2 different things. You know that, homeboy.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by migliavacca

AS I stated lower in that post, its only for a felony, and you better make darn good and sure you have your facts straight because if you don’t you’re the one in trouble.

All states other than North Carolina permit citizen arrests if a felony crime is witnessed by the citizen carrying out the arrest, or when a citizen is asked to help apprehend a suspect by the police. The application of state laws varies widely with respect to misdemeanor crimes, breaches of the peace, and felonies not witnessed by the arresting party. Note particularly that American citizens do not have the authorities or the legal protections of the police, and are strictly liable before both the civil law and criminal law for any violation of the rights of another.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
My people are they are called the Minuteman. As for the drugs, that’s what they were convicted for in the past. The rest of you post make no sense??? Bathtub? Hot Water? You lost me and most other people.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join