It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing SOHO Photograph: UFO Formation Near The Sun!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
ive posted a long time ago also some images with some long or weird looking objects in the photos of SOHO really those where something i have to say duno remember where it was i posted them but they where something for sure no cylinder some triangle thing later something weird i looked again on the site of SOHO and poof gone was the image of the triangle and really it was the same image i can tell you abracadabra what happend well simple they just changed or edited the image so we dont know what it was simple.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Another OIC near the sun? Or is it Mars, Saturn or a comet/asteroid orbiting the sun? Probably a CCD glitch!

Source: SOHO/LASCO
Liz Edwards
iwonder productions

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Looks like a Klingon battle ship...

Great thread from yourself as always!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

If you look at many of those images you will see that things like that appears many times with exactly the same shape and size, so, probably, they are just a sensor created artifact.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
OP, you might want to better understand the SOHO and the SUN before you continue to make yourself look ignorant, and before you embarrass the UFO community further. What is sad, is the shear amount of blind (and/or ignorant) people that immediately swing on your sack after you post such dribble.

I bet you see aliens in your mashed potatoes too, don't you?

Someone said this is a clear example of the complete lack of new evidence in the UFO community. And it is. When there is a lack of evidence, the UFO community is one of the few that will just flat out (1) make stuff up, (2) see evidence in things that is not there out of shear desperation to believe, or (3) hoax it's way into financial bliss (because people are ignorant enough to believe anything presented that supports their "faith"). Mike, you are contributing to 1 and 2. Please stop. I know you get a lot of replies and a lot of posts/flags/stars and you think that you are popular...but remember this, the thousands of people that don't reply to your dribble are laughing at you.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Would it be possible to educate us rather than posting a general attack on the OP and all those members who are interested in such phenomenon?

Please, present some details about SOHO images which may be pertinent here and remember that courtesy is mandatory;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

(btw... 'shear' is to cut and 'sheer' is what you meant to say)

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Originally posted by masqua

and remember that courtesy is mandatory

I would expect the same from a moderator. Your concern for my sheer vs shear word error in your post had nothing to do with courtesy, but rather it made you feel good to take me down a peg in public. You can come on here and say you did it out of "courtesy" but that is a joke. If you were into courtesy, you would have U2U'd me the off topic portion of your response so, as a good moderator should, you would protect thread continuity.

......rather than posting a general attack

Far from an attack, but if using such language allows you to rationalize the general lack of real moderation around this place then so be it. Selective enforcement of the T&C is all the rage within the last 4-6 months. Since this is now off topic (even though I am responding to something you posted off topic, which you could have U2U'd me if you were worried about the thread continuity like a proper moderator would), you can selectively call it so and warn or post ban me, but by doing that you ignore the thousands of other off-topic posts in this forum alone.

Would it be possible to educate us [and] all those members who are interested in such phenomenon?

I contend that they have no intention of learning about the hard science behind SOHO instrumentation, the Sun's magnetic field, make up, and how it relates to image data or they already would have. The information is out there, and as much as the OP pollutes this board with uninformed threads stemmed from nothing but a fantastical desire to see what he desperately wants to believe, one can assume he has no desire to actually understand anything or he would have by now. The information is out there, to expect me to come in here and educate is not right, it is up to the OP to give us something other than his mis-interpreted SOHO images mixed with his ignorance of how things work.

Please, present some details about SOHO images which may be pertinent here

The details that pertain to the posted images from SOHO are complicated, and can't be boiled down to one or two sentences that everyone can understand. And that is why it is so easy to point at a couple of glitches in video or photos and claim they are a "fleet of UFO's" (pardon me while I laugh out loud for a moment after typing that.....o.k. I'm done) I always find that the more knowledge one needs to understand what they are really looking at, the easier it is to proclaim it is what it is not.

Maybe someone around here that is reading this knows how to strip out the technical stuff that causes this type of image and relate it in a manner the average UFO believer that sees things in rocks, clouds, shadows, Saturn's rings, and pictures of the sun will understand.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

His hostility is besides the point. There are always a handful of anomalous "objects" on each and every single SOHO image. Especially when they're recording a solar outburst:

www.esa.int...

If you take screenshots of the last 2 seconds of footage, right after the noise is gone, you're obviously going to see things. Not to mention how closely they resemble the supposed "cigar shaped" crafts.

Just a quick glance through the gallery and you'll not find a single image that someone wouldn't find to be odd.

This is one of the relatively "cleaner" images.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

If you look at many of those images you will see that things like that appears many times with exactly the same shape and size, so, probably, they are just a sensor created artifact.

CCD created artifacts? Of course not! They're the same model and there must be hundreds of them!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Straight from the link within my last post:

The data was very badly degraded from about 08:30 CET on 23 November 2001 through approximately 10:30 CET on 24 November 2001 as a result of the solar proton storm associated with X-ray flares that erupted on 22 November 2001 and the shock originating from the Coronal Mass Ejection.

It appears that the equipment (amazingly) is sensitive to exactly what it's supposed to be monitoring:

Solar activity.

As we all know, the sun is always up to something. Thus, noise which can show as any geometrical shape should be prevalent close to 100% of the time. This is why some people do not find these objects to be all that interesting, in fact, some of us find it hindering to a certain degree.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Isn't it amazing that we have people like you on board who spew nothing but dribble to show off your command over the English language? You my dear man have not produced even an iota of evidence to the contrary. Do you understand the complete gamut of SOHO imagery acquisition, identification and analyses? Do you know how CCD cameras acquire images and synthesize them into visible formats?

Therefore, if you don’t want to make a fool of yourself, and look ignorant in the extreme, then why don’t you educate all the posters here whom you contend are illiterate, uneducated and ignorant? You’ll do the UFO community and many others here a favor if you do that here and now.

I am aware that there are a number of images from SOHO that are nothing but CCD glitches and can easily be explained. Others are anomalies that are difficult to explain. So why don’t you attempt an explanation in detail what the objects are in the opening post, instead of making a fool of yourself by indulging in rhetorical verbosity, which is a blatant attempt to show your non existent superior intellectual qualities by whamming the images with no accompanying explanations of what they might be.

Cheers! Have a nice day!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Originally posted by mikesingh

........then why don’t you educate all the posters here whom you contend are illiterate, uneducated and ignorant?

First, Mike, I never said they were either “illiterate” or "uneducated", so don't put words you want to hear in my mouth. I claim many are ignorant, which is the truth. You do know what ignorant means, right? Shall I look it up for you so you don't further confuse my posts?

I would expect you to first educate them as to why your pictures show what you think they show. See, that's how it works, Mike. Any fool can find and post pictures of things they don't understand and claim they are whatever, but to not be able to explain why, especially when the photos are highly technical in nature, is a demonstration of ignorance.

Isn't it amazing that we have people like you on board who spew nothing but dribble to show off your command over the English language?

One could say the same about your crowd; isn't it amazing we have people on board who see aliens and UFOs in damn near every picture they look at and then assault us with their command of the English language. Door swings both ways.

Look, I know you get upset when anybody dares to question your postings and you stand a chance of looking foolish, so I won't enter into further dialogue with you. Have fun seeing aliens, ufos, and sheep in your mashed potatoes Mike.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
IgnoreTheFacts

What do you think, in your opinion, those images represent?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
IgnoreTheFacts

Orion, forget it!! He doesn't have a clue of what they might be. Such guys have just nothing to contribute except spewing verbose diatribes against any one posting things that are even a bit out of the ordinary. Far from trying to show their non existent intellectual capabilities, they end up looking silly in the extreme!

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orion437
IgnoreTheFacts

It's NEVER a matter of opinion, when you talk about LASCO images.
Yes, if you ask me i can say that what i see is a triangle, sometimes i've seen cylinders, squares and others odd shapes. But what we see here is NOT an ordinary photograph: after reading something about SOHO (more than something i'd say), i realized that there are too many things to know about it before making statements (IMHO).
For this reason i never comment this stuff: simply because every statement made by me about it could be BS.

I'm only able to gather original images and other documentation no longer available on the public interface, but i'm untrained about SOHO stuff, or, better, not trained as much as i would like to be.

SOHO Instruments

CDS (Coronal Diagnostic Spectrometer)
CDS from Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, United Kingdom
solar.bnsc.rl.ac.uk...

CELIAS (Charge, Element, and Isotope Analysis System)
CELIAS from the Universitat Bern, in Switzerland
www.space.unibe.ch...

COSTEP (Comprehensive Suprathermal and Energetic Particle Analyzer)
COSTEP from the University of Kiel, Germany (in German)
www.ieap.uni-kiel.de...

EIT (Extreme ultraviolet Imaging Telescope)
EIT from the NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center, USA
umbra.nascom.nasa.gov...

ERNE (Energetic and Relativistic Nuclei and Electron experiment)
ERNE from the University of Turku, Finland
www.srl.utu.fi...

GOLF (Global Oscillations at Low Frequencies)
GOLF from the Institut d'Astrophysique Spatiale, France
golfwww.medoc-ias.u-psud.fr...

LASCO (Large Angle and Spectrometric Coronagraph)
LASCO from the Naval Research Laboratory, USA
lasco-www.nrl.navy.mil...
LASCO from the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Germany
star.mpae.gwdg.de...

MDI/SOI(Michelson Doppler Imager/Solar Oscillations Investigation)
MDI/SOI from the Stanford University, USA
soi.stanford.edu...

SUMER (Solar Ultraviolet Measurements of Emitted Radiation)
SUMER from the Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research, Germany
www.mps.mpg.de...

SWAN (Solar Wind Anisotropies)
SWAN from the FMI, Finland.
www.fmi.fi...
SWAN from the Service d'Aeronomie, France
www.aero.jussieu.fr...

UVCS (Ultraviolet Coronagraph Spectrometer)
UVCS from the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, USA
www.cfa.harvard.edu...

VIRGO (Variability of Solar Irradiance and Gravity Oscillations)
VIRGO from the Institut d'Astrophysique Spatiale, France
www.ias.u-psud.fr...

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

The images discussed here are from LASCO C2, so it could be useful to take a look at
LASCO HANDBOOK FOR SCIENTIFIC INVESTIGATORS
/yrjqrh

and

LASCO Processing Levels
/26348u

and

LASCO documentation
/yqnkvg

and

What's a CCD bakeout
umbra.nascom.nasa.gov...

and

Fact sheet [.pdf file]
sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

and many other things if really someone is interested to know MORE about it

[edit on 2/12/2007 by internos]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Since 1998, SOHO has imaged some rather remarkable events that defy explanation. It is the purpose of this chapter to present some of these remarkable pictures and let them speak for themselves.

It is worth noting that the SOHO cameras do record a lot of anomalous objects and events that are explainable and not so mysterious. However, there are numerous pictures of bizarre objects and anomalies that defy explanation. In 1998 when these anomalies began to be posted on the SOHO website the SOHO team explained away the anomalies as simply glitches in the camera or computer systems. Later, independent researchers began to investigate for themselves and found the explanations to be untenable.

The SOHO team began to receive public criticism from others in the scientific community who claimed that many of the anomalies could not be explained as mere glitches in the systems or as debris from the spacecraft (such as nuts and bolts). Finally in the late spring Joe Gurman, one of 2000 one of the SOHO team members e-mailed a statement to the editor of CyberspaceOrbit.com that some of the anomalies that were not debris from the spacecraft.

The chief explanation offered consistently by the SOHO team until this spring was that all of the anomalies were simply solar particles hitting the SOHO CCD camera lens and creating a brief spike of light that formed a glitch.

Some researchers, such as Colonel Ervin provide an explanation as to why certain anomalies are not glitches or by-products of solar activity.
sohogallery.50megs.com...

And here's one for the road!

Source: SOHO/LASCO
Courtesy: 50megs.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Internos, I was going to post such links, but that is not what these people want. They want you to tell them exactly what the images are, they don't want to do any learning on their own, and they don't understand how complicated the actual SOHO satellite is.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
Internos, I was going to post such links, but that is not what these people want. They want you to tell them exactly what the images are, they don't want to do any learning on their own, and they don't understand how complicated the actual SOHO satellite is.

Not quite correct! Why don't YOU tell us instead what these images are? We've been waiting for your expert comments, since the age of the dinosaurs, on how these glitches could have been formed by LASCO imagery. But you seem to be shying away from educating us! Why is that so? And why pass on the buck to Internos? I thought you were the expert since you very confidently mentioned that these were nothing but glitches.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Dude, did you even read any of my posts, and if so did you comprehend them? Your inability to understand plain English confuses me a little.

And no, I wont tell you what they are or what causes them (however it is VERY common with SOHO to get images like this, yes, even geometric shapes and for good reason) You should do your own homework if your going to claim to see things like an Alien Fleet in a SOHO image. Seriously, I would imagine you would first rule out the technical stuff that would cause this before jumping to the edge of absurdity and claiming the most improbable conclusion. But that's not how you work, is it?

In short, do your own homework and you wont look so foolish.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join