It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw a UFO!! Alaska

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hi from a fellow Anchorage resident! I did a search a couple years ago and come up with several sightings around Anchorage, turnagain Arm, Gulkana, all overreally. Some rather spectacular but yours does sound good! Try Alaska MUFON.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
I just saw a UFO!!!!
I was driving home with my boyfriend and daughter around 10:22pm Alaska time. We were about 1 1/2 miles from my home. Clear skies, beautiful starry night, and Out of nowhere toward the mountains, two lights appear. At first I thought it was a plane so did my boyfriend but then the lights did not appear normal color at all. They were orange. You have to understand, I have 30 hours of flight time, just short of soloing and getting my license, so I know my plane lights. Anyway, I grab my digital binocular camera and what I saw was freaky! There were green lights underneath the object, the surface of the object on the bottom was a dark blackish color. The object was the shape of a Hexagon. I got a pretty good look with the binoculars. It was moving at a steady pace and then it was just gone off in the distance towards Anchorage into the clouds. I am freaked! I have only seen one other UFO out here about 2 years ago and it was not like that....I want to know if anyone in my area saw this...

PS I took a photo with the binoculars, trying to get it downloaded and see if it showed up. I doubt it, my binocular camera does not do good night photos...will post if it showed up

Nothing more than a few Turkey day weather balloons mixed with transcontinental swamp gas....

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
reply to post by snoopyuk

Oh my! I am going to Gakona soon....Damajik and I were planning a scouting trip soon for all ATS'ers...lol
I have actually driven by the Gakona H.A.A.R.P facility....Nothing was going on at the time, but I sure heard strange rumors afoot when they first opened it up....

I pulled into the drive of the HAARP facility this year while moose hunting. I crap you guys not, there was a truck full of security coming out of the facility within 20 seconds. I don't think they welcome visitors.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Nice.

Pardon my crude composite job, for comparison's sake:

It doesn't appear to fit a light plane, that's for sure.

I may have gotten the size wrong, but I couldn't cover up more than 2 or 3 of the green dots. The "headlights" appear not to fit either, unless you're talking airliner sized and those are noisy, no?

Any impression as to shape of the airframe, or too dark? Are we talking a bigger 'craft' than that Piper Cub I used?

Hope you don't mind my using your picture.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
The "headlights" appear not to fit either, unless you're talking airliner sized and those are noisy, no?

Yeah, the lights first made me think of a jet, but whatever it was made no noise at close range.

Any impression as to shape of the airframe, or too dark? Are we talking a bigger 'craft' than that Piper Cub I used?

I got the impression that it was a little bigger than a Piper, yet no bigger than a 737. The airframe appeared to be circular, or hexagonal, as all of the green lights I saw were on the "bottom" of the object. The two bright lights appeared to be mounted on the leading edge of the front.

The best person to answer these detailed questions would be Wrangell. She had the binoculars the whole time, and got a much better look at it than I did with the naked eye. She was describing the surface of it to me... but I'll let her get in here and say her piece on that.

Hope you don't mind my using your picture.

Ok, I'm suing.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

I'm up here too..just moved into Anchorage from Eagle River a few months back...

Never seen anything that dramatic, but I have seen what looked like a satalite one night, then it did a extremely sharp 90 turn--like if one were to draw a very sharp "L" shape. I know of NOTHING we have here on Earth that can do that at those altitudes or speeds...

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Nice sighting! It must have been exhilarating though? Anubis it's cool you mention that story of those green lights, cause in '99 i say a green orb about the size of a basketball that bobed around in the sky but swiftly like a bird from west to east. Unfortunatly i didn't see it vanish, my ex-girlfriend did though since i was inside trying to get my friends to come out. By any chance Wrangell76 how did they move?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There seems to be an increase in activity over the last few years, all over.
There was a sighting of a large black triangle ufo in my neck of the woods a couple of weeks ago.
That cool you guys got to seem something that cant be easily explained away.

How certain are you as to size, could it have been farther away and larger than it appeared? I ask because of the sightings in alaska in the late 80's involving commercial and military pilots as the witnesses.

From they witness descriptions that I have read, they saw 2 different craft, both having the same general shape. That of a octogon-ish, saucer-ish shape, with a faceted surface like a tortise shell, kinda thing, in two sizes the main ship was said to be "twice the size of an American aircraft-carrier" the JAL pilot who reported it said. On another occasion US military pilots saw both the larger object and smaller companions of rough the same shape, these smaller than a C-130.

My brother and I both saw different documentaries on the 1980's alaska sightings. When we saw each other again after seeing them, we discussed the shows that we had seen, and at the same time, we both said, something to the effect of "They just got here, and thats a WARSHIP".

We both came to this conclusions after thinking about the witnesses reports of the crafts behavior. In the case of the JAL sighting the UFO followed the aircraft for some time and got very close and moved in front and all around.
In one of the military sightings, this huge craft got to within a few feet of the nose of the jet and matched velocity. It then went all around the jet, as if scanning it, and when the aircratf would turn away the UFO would follow.
And they were not timid at all, they showed up on radar and didnt react when they were painted by ground radars. They just did their thing at their leisure.
The reason I believe they just got here is how interested they were in our flying machines. For any aliens that have been visiting for any length of time they would be very familiar with our aircraft. And in previous aircraft UFO sightings and most since, the ufo's seem to be somewhat shy of us, or indifferent to our presence, they rarely get " all up in your face" with flying aircraft.
There bold movments suggest, to me and my brother anyway, the mind set of a military commander confident in the superiority of his weapons and vehicle.
We also got the feeling that the larger vehicle was still a scout ship dispatched from the main group or ship. Because there were sightings of a vessel that matched its description in several different places over a short period of time , then they stopped, like they left.
We think that they were just "passing by" and we caught their attention.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wow, what a great story. Thanks for sharing Wrangle76. You too Ninja, that is sooo awesome. I believe that the sightings are going to become even more frequent in the future. Keep you eyes on the skies!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

I'm up here too..just moved into Anchorage from Eagle River a few months back...

Never seen anything that dramatic, but I have seen what looked like a satalite one night, then it did a extremely sharp 90 turn--like if one were to draw a very sharp "L" shape. I know of NOTHING we have here on Earth that can do that at those altitudes or speeds...

Hey, Ive seen that 2 maybe 3 times, the first it was just like you said, I thought it was a satellite, just small bright point of light moving rapidly acros the sky from north to south. My ex-wife and I were walking the dog and I pointed it out, and told her to check out the spy satellite. We watched it for about 7-10 seconds travel due north, then it made a hard left tun to the west, it literally went left, not turned left, like an aircraft would, it made an instant ninety degree turn, and vanished into the western sky.

The other time I think I saw it take take off from nevada. Last winter on a night motorcycle ride,right at dusk my buddy and I were on a high ridge in the sierra nevada mtns. It rose from behind the mountains and was a twinking/pulsing brilliant white light, that crossed the sky and was out of sight in 20 seconds. About halfway across the sky it flared then dimmed to a smaller steadier light, still the most brilliant thing in the sky.
What gave us some perspective as to its altitude and distance covered, was the several commercial aircraft that were flying over at the same time. 1 plane at about 20,000 a couple more at about 25-30,000
and 2 headed out across the pacific way up there 35-40k. The lower plane was clearly audible, the two that were higher up you could still hear and the one wasy you could hear at all. It went over the top of all of them. They took several minutes to cover the same space of sky tha this one did in a few seconds.
I think i saw it coming back one time just a point of light that sank into the south east behind the mountains.
I think its the newest strategic econ plane.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Great keeping binoculars with one at all times.

I do that, too. Enabled me to see my first UFO--a standard triangle.

LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE.

God's best to you and yours this Christmas.

WHAT WAS YOUR FEELING IN YOUR SPIRIT as you looked at it through the binoculars?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
glad to see good people having experiences! keep your eyes on the sky, and happy hunting!

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You may have seen something. Good for you.

Not going to drink the kool aid.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I hope the picture is blurry and unrecognizable. Oh, how I love those distorted UFO pics.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Saw one like that myself. Was in '97 off the coast of West Oz North of Perth. My wife and I were on the beach watching the night sky, when we saw a "shooting star" suddenly it stopped and then took off again in the opposite direction. Now I could maybe understand a meteor bouncing off the atmosphere but stopping in the process just doesn't work..

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
I believe that the sightings are going to become even more frequent in the future. Keep you eyes on the skies!

I believe it is happening right now. Think about it. All the fairly good footage these days and much more frequently. Something is definitely up.

Congrats on your siting. We need to have an ATS section that evaluates the most affordable night camera for the money. So many choices these days, but very few work really good in night conditions.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

OK, most RC craft (hobby craft) are not very big and very quiet, but sometimes look big when up in the air. So you'd want to rule that out also. If the craft seemed to do an impossibly quick maneuver, then it might have been closer than expected.

You might peruse Wiki 'x planes' for a pic that matches what you think the shape resembled.

X-47, x-48 have the shape you seem to mean, but it would be noisy and fast, istm. X-47 is a UAV.

Hard to say.

You saw the post about the RC guy, right? Gaylon Murphy and Steve Zingali were in the news building and selling and freaking people out.

www.boingboing.net...

frankwarren.blogspot.com...

Several people thought it was 'football stadium' sized, due to the lights they were stringing along the sides. He had to go show one lady the RC craft in the trunk of his car before she'd believe him.

www.ocregister.com...

Not saying it's this...just trying to help rule out stuff.

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
hexagon shape huh, green balls..hehe well mechanicly, id say some type of electro-coil resonace antigravity perhaps? Using anti particles or static somehow? Also theres alledgedly a circuit board design based on reverse engineered technology that holds a charge infinitly or something to that effect, that is a hexagon design. perhaps you saw some humans pretending?

I saw a you tube video i cant find now, of a speculation that crop circles are schematics, and he designed this pyramid shaped thing with 3 double chamber spheres filled with hydrogen gas and microwaves, it alledgedly creates anti gravity. science is fun.

If alien, it makes sense that they are among us and revealing themselves freely, being earth is the only seemingly habitable planet in our solar system in a natural sense.

[edit on 1-12-2007 by mastermind77]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yeah those binoculars definitely came in handy!

As far as what I felt in my Spirit...I will U2U on that soon...I definitely felt something...

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks

Hi Punkinworks,
Great story about the UFO sightings here...I never heard of them till you mentioned them here.I am going to have to do some research now...

<< 1  2    4 >>

join