It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Charlie Chaplins beautiful "Speech for Humanity"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Video: Charlie Chaplins amazing "Speech for Humanity"

Charlie Chaplin, was an English comedy actor. Chaplin became one of the most famous actors as well as a notable director and musician in the early to mid Hollywood cinema era. He is considered to be one of the finest mimes and clowns ever caught on film and has greatly influenced performers in this field.

In this clip we will see a speech given by Chaplin which was written by him. He would later give thoughts on the words he wrote and would often refer to this scene as the ‘Speech for Humanity’.

freedomvideo.org...

[edit on 28-11-2007 by SolveCoagula]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Moving! Wow, I see Chaplain in a whole new light.

Starred and Flagged.

Unite!

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The man was a genius. Even in his silent movies some of his humanity for the poor comes through. However, as happens to all people who show the least bit of compassion, he was blacklisted as a commie, although he was the furthest thing from it.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
It is to show that for every aspect of tyranny, a voice of humanism will rise to any one how dare to listen.
Thank you for remind us that we have hope in our collective humanity.

Kacou.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
The blog video isn't working for me, but I assume you're referring to the speech scene from his movie The Great Dictator...

Is that the "speech" you're referring to?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
hello SolveCoagula,

I will never forget the first time i saw the silent film "City Lights" a finny little movie, but the end will bring you to your knees.

Chaplin is a master of emotion for he does not even need words.

Thanks for the vid I have never seen it........

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's almost as if that speech was ahead of it's time.

His description of soldiers was dead on the mark.

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Worthy of a star. Too bad we couldn't pirate the airwaves next time there was a candidate debate or bush speech and air this.

Where is this guy when you need him.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I will never forget the first time i saw the silent film "City Lights" a finny little movie, but the end will bring you to your knees.

I was thinking the same thing. Chaplin is a master of film, and a great thinker of the 20th century.
The only issue I have with what he said was his use of 'democracy' as a parallel to freedom.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
mate thanks for that never knew of it, im now gonna check out "City Lights" . (btw it would be good sample for an album, play that then into some banging tune)

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
A man of great wisdom. He understood exactly the way it should all be done for the betterment of us all.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Charlie Chaplin was a genius and i'm proud to have all his films. This speech is fantastic, thanks for reminding me of it

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I know one-liners are illegal, but all I've to say is word.

top topics

join