Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Russian Nuclear 'Exercise" an Attack?

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I copied this from another message board. It was written by a person named 'hendrix21', so full credit to him. I couldn't explain it any better myself, and i think he could be on to something...


Member


Group: Members
Posts: 17
Member No.: 1020
Joined: 26-July 03



I would be more worried about the first full scale "nuclear training exercise" Russia has had in 2 decades happening mid february. If the terrorist did have suitcase nuclear weapons they probably would have used them long before now. In addition, from what i've heard and read suitcase nuclear weapons do take some expertise and support to set off. Various parts in the device need to be replaced and serviced during a year. Setting a nuclear suitcase bomb off isn't as easy as just pressing a button. My theory is the russians could help the terrorist set them off. It's like oh no we seemed to have lost 20 of these devices and we don't know where they can be. Since the terrorist have threatened to use wmd's they would be a very good scape goat to keep russia from getting retaliated against immediatley. Russia could then use the training exercise as cover to buy even more time. So in essence they could use The seeming collapse of Soviet Union and new image of Russia as a friendly nation, terrorist scape goat, and training exercise as cover to strategically put them in a much better position to beat us in a nuclear war. China would of course provide the neccesary abundate supply of manpower. They control the panama canal so that is a very good strategic position they aquired and there are reports of chinese troops in mexico. So....this is how it plays out:
Terrorist with help from russians take out a few major cities with suitcase nuclear weapons shortly before planned russian training exercise. That bastard Osama claims responsibility immediatley. Us economy immediatley crashes, marshall law declared. Russians use live ammunition to take out other strategic sites during their "exercise" Chinese troops roll in from mexico and russian paratroopers fall in.
There's much less resistance with US troops over seas. So if I was the enemy now would be a very good time to put their plan into action.




posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Yes but you forget USA would launch icbm's from SUBS and missile silo's, that would wipe out Russia and China land masses for like hmmm billion years with radiation, also not forgetting the nuke bombers, and thats all the de-calassified stuff we know about, you can bet your puppy the USA has alot more secret weapons hidden away.

If USA was attacked by say terrorists with nukes just before the Russian nuke execise im sure USA would say you go ahead with that exercise Russia and we will take it as an all out attack on USA, so USA would threaten Russia with attack to stop them from doing the exercise.

OH and not forgetting EUROPE would retaliate too against Russia and China.

OH and Australia too


[Edited on 5-2-2004 by blobby]



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby

OH and notforgetting EUROPE would retaliate too against Russia and China.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by blobby]

The UK might, but the rest of Europe?
Not a chance they would retaliate.
Chirac would dance with glee...



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   


They arent going to attack you..

They are just reminding you of your own mortality, and that you are not gods..

As since 1950s USSR / Russia has had the ability to wipe you out totally, and still does..

But so has the USA..

Its just a reminder, not a attack plan..

Remainder because, from the rest of the worlds view, we cant know who are you trying to invade next.




posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
russia seem to be preparing for something or they are more paraniod than we are

"In 1998, in a rare public
comment, then-Commander of the U.S. Strategic Command (STRATCOM) Gen. Eugene
Habinger, called Yamantau "a very large complex -- we estimate that it has millions of square feet
available for underground facilities. We don't have a clue as to what they're doing there."
This thread fits right in with this "exercise" www.abovetopsecret.com...
get your bunkers built....and remember, the u.s. is 2.9 million square miles ( not including AL and HI) and russia is 6.6 million square miles....alot less room to hide in the u.s. and much less weapons are needed to make it rather uncomfortable over here



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Why would russia wants to wage war against the US? Support terrorists and train them on how to use suit case nukes??

It makes no sense, perhaps they wanted to do this thirty years ago, but deffinately not now, or in the near future.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnMay
I copied this from another message board. It was written by a person named 'hendrix21', so full credit to him. I couldn't explain it any better myself, and i think he could be on to something...


Member


Group: Members
Posts: 17
Member No.: 1020
Joined: 26-July 03



I would be more worried about the first full scale "nuclear training exercise" Russia has had in 2 decades happening mid february. If the terrorist did have suitcase nuclear weapons they probably would have used them long before now. In addition, from what i've heard and read suitcase nuclear weapons do take some expertise and support to set off. Various parts in the device need to be replaced and serviced during a year. Setting a nuclear suitcase bomb off isn't as easy as just pressing a button.


There's just one problem with this. The "expertise" requirements is a bit misleading.

The "dollar size" disks that are missing right now (which are what is used as the radioactive mass in these suitcases can set off a "dirty bomb" that would level at least a square block from the explosion IF two of them impact with sufficient energy, AND the impact is contained (within a housing).

This has been detailed in other writings, so I don't think I'm giving up any clues here that haven't been published, so I'm just going to state what I have read - I paraphrase:

If the bottom side of a rain gutter riser is sealed off with one disk at the bottom on about a six story building, and the second disk is dropped from the top of the riser - you can wipe out at least one city block, and contaminate a much larger area.

I'm just a dumb white girl in Indian Territory - but that sounds pretty easy to me.

[Edited on 5-2-2004 by Valhall]



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
Yes but you forget USA would launch icbm's from SUBS and missile silo's, that would wipe out Russia and China land masses for like hmmm billion years with radiation, also not forgetting the nuke bombers, and thats all the de-calassified stuff we know about, you can bet your puppy the USA has alot more secret weapons hidden away.

If USA was attacked by say terrorists with nukes just before the Russian nuke execise im sure USA would say you go ahead with that exercise Russia and we will take it as an all out attack on USA, so USA would threaten Russia with attack to stop them from doing the exercise.

OH and not forgetting EUROPE would retaliate too against Russia and China.

OH and Australia too


[Edited on 5-2-2004 by blobby]




I tend to look at it as "everyone that is anyone" is in on this NWO thing, so the people in charge of our nukes are NWO advocates, and I think that the submission/destruction of the US to Russia/China is all part of the NWO plan. Think about it: We are still a huge threat to the NWO with our list of freedoms. I think that the secret government of america is incahoots with that of Russia, i.e. all the NWO heirarchy. Within this organization there is no nationality, only an allegiance to their cause.
bastards.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's just a little flexing of muscle to show that they have them.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Yeah, it's just Russia showing that even though their economy has collapsed, they can still wipe a nation clean off the face of the Earth.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
Why would russia wants to wage war against the US? Support terrorists and train them on how to use suit case nukes??

It makes no sense, perhaps they wanted to do this thirty years ago, but deffinately not now, or in the near future.



it does make sense. russia is our enemy and always will be. hatred between the two coutries hasnt changed much since the cold war, were just not at each others throats anymore



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
chris,

yeah you are right!

the Russians are poor, desparate and terribly corrupt but it is their right to be underachievers!

they should revel in their failures as a country and always blame it on the US, much easier that way.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
chris,

yeah you are right!

the Russians are poor, desparate and terribly corrupt but it is their right to be underachievers!

they should revel in their failures as a country and always blame it on the US, much easier that way.


.......yea it makes me wonder what heppend from the time the red army took Berlin til' the cold war.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
alliances are only camoflauge to keep your enemy in the dark...turn off that damn light of hope on the children, cuz we can always turn it back on in the morning when we tell them to "wake up". heh..memes



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
OH and not forgetting EUROPE would retaliate too against Russia and China.

OH and Australia too



(scared little kids voice on)
don't bring us into it man, i wanna live a peacefull life in a peacefull country. does australia have any large sort of weapon?? (knows nothing about his own country:lol

(scared little kids voice off/)

but seriously, if this were to happen and we were to retaliate (australia included) i'd move to say coober peedy or somewhere way outback with nothing "special" lol.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I agree with Intelgrl, France and a few other nations wouldn't help us launch a counter-strike. I still think that Russia is still"together" enough to realize that the MAD doctrine is still in effect among the super powers today.



posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM


They arent going to attack you..

They are just reminding you of your own mortality, and that you are not gods..

As since 1950s USSR / Russia has had the ability to wipe you out totally, and still does..

But so has the USA..

Its just a reminder, not a attack plan..

Remainder because, from the rest of the worlds view, we cant know who are you trying to invade next.



I seem to recall from my classes at the university during the 80's the regulary discussed lack of capability of the Soviet Union to do just that.

Also of that being known both within the Kremlin and the Pentagon that there was no hope for the Soviets to be able to win in anyway such a conflict.

Between now and then I have yet to come across any information that would indicate that to not have been the case.

There were a few windows of oppurtunity that the Soviets would have been able to hurt the US badly.

But for most of the entirity of my life, there was never the chance of the Soviets winning an all out war with the western powers.

An ability to cause great damage? Yes.

Some elements of their forces rivaling to be the best in their respective fields? Yes.

The ability to effectively project force in a manner that would have allowed them to win an open war with the west? No.

To much of a lack of effective large scale command and control.

To much of an emphasis on absolute obedience to a centralized doctrine that was not capable of responding to the fluidity of the battlefield.

A complete lack of an effective widespread industrial base and infrastructure to be able to support such activities. And an inability to be able to transport massive troop movements overseas with any ability of keeping such forces alive.

The soviets may well be hoping to resolve some of these issues in their exercise. Just as likely they are hoping to provide a little bluster to try and show they world they are still a force to be reckoned with.

Understandable from their perspective to not wish to appear either weak on the international scene, or to closely allied with the US, even though they are dependent on international aide to still be able to regularly provide basic services throughout their own nation, and international aide to attempt to renovate their internal infrastructure.

Keep in mind the majority of that capital and material support comes from the US.

The only advantage for the soviet's to engage in a war with the US would be to obtain what they lack. That being the industrial base, skilled workers, and infratstructure that exists in the US.

They do not have the ability to obtain this without destroying it. Therefore there is no advantage.

Perhaps if they were able to come up with a method of doing so there would be a greater cause for alarm. But until then, regardless of the hyperbole, they are dependent on both europe and the US for their current survival as a power.

But for what it is worth, I have no illusion of just how much of a bitter pill that must be. They are rightfuly a proud people with a rich heritage, and an amazing ability to withstand horrors inflicted on them of almost biblical purportions.

But they also want to live.





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join