It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my grandma looking over me? Do you have a story like mine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Everyday I come home for lunch, I work only a block away from home. I get an hour lunch so I usually eat a sandwich and let the dogs out and then sit and watch TV until it is time to go back to work.

Today (Tuesday November 27, 2007) was a little different, first let me say that my grandma died in the 90’s and I still miss and think about her quite often. Sometimes I feel like she is here with me and watching over me.

Today when I got home from work I ate my sandwich and then sat and started watching TV but I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I decided just to close them and rest my eyes since I had 15 minutes till I had to get back to work. I was well on my way to sleep when I felt a slight pain in my leg, it felt like someone lightly punching me, a fist size pain. But it didn’t hurt just startled me. I looked at the clock and it was time to get up and start getting ready to head back out to work.

If that never happened I would have missed going back to work and I would have been fired for that. Some one is watching over me. It may have just been a muscle spazzing in my leg, but since it was the size of a fist I like to think it was my grandma saying hey wake up.

Does anyone else have a story like mine to share with me? I would really like to hear it.

PSP

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Well, 4 Years ago my aunt died of cancer, since then i'm thinking she covers my back as a angel in the skys.
Always thought when somebody is watching over you is crazy, but when this happened to me , i knew, she was real.

Ill explain,
2 years ago i was walking down the road to the bus at late night, i wanted to cross the road to get on the other site to wait for the bus, but then a car drove fast by, i almost got killed by that car but something pushed me back, this energy was so strong i felt backwards in the grass.
Since then i think my aunt is watching over me, and cares for me.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I do have a similar story.

Last year in August my Grandmother passed away.

On December 17th I developed pain in my wrist on one hand then later that day the other hand became painful. After I got off work and went home my hands started cramping really bad and they curled up like lobster claws and I couldn't open them up. They stayed that way all night and the next day I got a steroid pack from the doctor and they healed quickly, in a couple of days.

My grandmother suffered from extreme arthiritis all her life. Her hands and feet were like that as I described above. She had an operation late in her life that corrected the claw like effect she had all her life, most her life she could barely use her hands.

I had never before or since had this occurance.

I called mom and asked her grandma's birthday. It was December 17th.

This prompted me to explore the "circle of life" that is passed down in the female line of families. The inuit Indians believe that a Grandmother is reborn in her grandchildren.

I found it strange and I saw it as a sign Grandma is with me.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

In your situation it may be likely that a somnambulist state existed and you (having just woken up) became confused with the experience.
That is my scenario of this situation.

~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
My nan (mums mum) died of cancer a few years ago, my mum took it extremely badly and so started to go to mediums in order to contact the spirit realms. She was very skeptical and so tried not to give any information to the medium. When she came out she was a believer, what the medium described could not be guessed, the odds are against that possibility. She kept on seeing mediums she had been referred to by friends and also took up a class called the circle where you try to contact the spirit world yourself, after a few sessions she was able to contact my nan and put a few things to rest.

I had not been speaking to my parents after the funeral and around the times she was seeing mediums and hadn’t even spoken to them nor seen them for a few chirstmas’. I got into some problems with a girlfriend whom I lived with and became homeless for a few days. I did not want to speak to my parents but my (ex)girlfriend forced me to do so (long story cut short, I gave up work due to stress and my GF was paying my rent, two weeks later she moved out as she thought I had been cheating on her, this resulted in me becoming homeless at the end of the tenancy agreement). I texted my mum saying something had happened I had nowhere to live. She told me no I couldn’t move back but the next day she texted me saying I could.

A few days after moving back with my parents my mum gave me a necklace which my nan had left me (an Egyptian cross aka an Ankh). She then told me that the year before she had booked to see a renowned medium but as he was so popular the waiting list was extremely long. One day she got a call saying that she was urgently required to see this medium as there was an important message waiting. When she got there the medium called her in and said that someone had been waiting there for a while and passed on the message. The message being that “your son is in trouble and he will ask to move ‘home’ very soon”. She was told that I was having a turbulent time with this woman and that I needed to move back with her, this was literally two days before I texted her.

Now you may wonder why my mum said no to begin with, it is rather personal but she was trying to teach me a lesson, basically (I can only assume and that’s the only thing I can work out, that or wanting me to suffer for a bit for what I had said to my sister resulting in us all falling out).

Now, back then I was on the fence about the spirit plane. I started to research about conspiracies last year after someone asked me if I believed 9/11 was in inside job, my initial reply was “hell no, are you insane no way!”. Me being the curious type needed to find out what was going on, after two nights of researching I came to the conclusion that they either knew what was going to happen and let it (pearl harbor?) or, they committed those atrocities themselves. One thing led to another and I ended up looking into secret societies (skull and bones in particular) and I watched one piece of footage that chilled me, someone broke into the grounds of the skull and bones society at bohemian grove and filmed the rituals they conduct.

I soon found myself going to a spiritualist church on a day a clairvoyance was held in the hope that my nan would come through as I needed guidance. Out of 30/40 people that attended only 5 of us were passed on messages and I was one of them. I was first told the description of the persons, one of them sounded familiar and it turned out to be my nan. The message I was passed on was that she was protecting me from the evil of this world and holding up a great white cross. I actually burst into tears hearing all this and I hadn’t cried since I was a teenager (this was last year and I was 25). I was told that although my nan was watching over me she couldn’t always be there for me as she needed to be in other places.

Another thing happened but I wont go into it as it’s a matter of opinion, lets just say I shouldn’t be here but I believe my nan was watching over me and stopped me from dying.

As a former skeptic I know that until you experience these things yourself you cant easily believe these sort of stories. All of my mates claim I have gone mad for believing in life after death, they claim that mediums are ALL liars and pray on people like my mum and can pick up on body language and that’s how they know what to say. Im sorry but not all mediums pray on people, there is absolutely no way that you can give off the information that these people pass on to you. From the description of the person, what the person was like (appearance, mentality, what they suffered in life be in cancer etc things that you have gone through, your mentality etc etc the list goes on).

Peace

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I do not doubt that we have guardian spirits

......however, defining what or who these spirits are could be instances of mistaken identity.
A deceased relative, parent or a member of the wider family circle springs to mind.
Maybe your carer is a gaurdian angel - if you believe that beings exist
from a higher state of consciousness..?
Alternatively others may be dark entities masquerading as entities of light.
Whatever the circumstances prevailing it's comforting to believe that you have a friend from beyond the grave.

~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by anglosaxon

I believe in guardian angels most definitely but why wouldn’t one be a relative? In the case of my mother and myself, I don’t think it was a dark entity, why would something from the darkside (something that doesn’t want there to be life) spare my life and let me live? Because it wants me to suffer? My mum even contacted my nan, I will explain how if you so wish and she was certain it was my nan, I trust her judgment.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
My younger Sister, when she was perhaps 8 or 9 years old, woke my parents at 4 am one morning and told them that our Great Granny was sitting at the bottom of her bed watching over her ... then Great Granny walked out of the house and into the back garden. My Sister was hysterical and woke the whole house up.

Great Granny at that point was in a local nursing home, suffering from dementia and had a reputation as a "wanderer" ... so it wasn't beyond the realms of possibility that she could've slipped out unnoticed. The whole house was checked from top to bottom, neighbours came over and the local streets were checked ... no sign.

And this being early 1970's no-one had a telephone ... so someone was finally sent up to the nursing home to find out whether Great Granny had returned safely ... to be met by a member of staff who was getting into her own car ...

She was on her way to my Grandmothers to tell her that Great Granny had died suddenly during the night.

Weird, huh ? I'll never forget that night as long as I live.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PSP
i almost got killed by that car but something pushed me back, this energy was so strong i felt backwards in the grass.

I don't have any such experiences myself (and personally I do not think that the departed actually watch over the so-called "living" us, but that's beside the point here); however, I've heard a lady tell a story very similar to this one. She said - and I am quoting verbatim - that she stepped on a road at the exact moment when a car drove by, directly "into" her. At that moment, she felt a strange "bump" and a push - and the next thing she knew, she was standing on the sidewalk again.

Now, the interesting thing is that the car stopped - screeching tyres and all - and the driver jumped out of the car, ran in front of the car and began frantically examining the front portion of the vehicle and looking around. When she saw the pedestrian, still shaken, of course, she said: "Are you alright? I hit you - I know I did - I felt it! I bumped into something!"

But there was no sign of any "bumps" on the car - and the lady who was supposedly "hit" didn't have even the slightest bruise on her body. She described the "bump" as if some kind of dense buffer had interposed itself between the car and her body, repelling her away from the car. And the driver obviously felt the same "buffer".

Strange, but true. ; )

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I was extremely close to my grandmother...we were like mom and daughter actually. My grandmother passed away from leukemia approx. 13 years ago. My grandfather was still alive at the time...lived in the house he built for them. My grandmother was an artist...the basement was her studio.
A couple of years after her death it became apparent that my grandfather was not capable of living on his own...so we moved him here (a different state). His home remained vacant for a year.
One night I had a dream...my grandmother asked me "where is my art work??" I told her I didn't know. She then added that it didn't matter, where she is now, she could paint a lifetime of art in one day.

2 days later I got a phone call from my dad telling me that he had to head to their house because the pipes broke and water was everywhere. I asked him where is grandma's art? he said that 2 different neighbors took it for safe keeping.
Blew my mind!!!!!
The End

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wow, these are really great stories. I got goose bumps just reading them.

I'm glad I am not the only one who has experienced this kind of thing.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Wow, these are really great stories. I got goose bumps just reading them.

I'm glad I am not the only one who has experienced this kind of thing.

Edit for: Any more stories?

[edit on 11/28/2007 by Stari]

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join