It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

post not showing up on recent post page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time. I will post something and it will never show up on recent post page. This will stop for a week or two then my post will stop showing up on the recent post page. Has this been happening to anyone else? I have reported this several time and have gotten no response back about it.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Funny now i post this as th author and it shows up in the recent post page.If i'm not the author it does not show up????

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
cant say it realy has ever happened to me. im no tech wiz maybe a delay in the server your on or your internet connection. like i said i dont know about those things. i just thought saying that might make this idiot (me) sound smart.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Yes. It's been happening to me too recently. I haven't e-mailed ATS about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well I can't believe this is happening again. I don't understand this....am I the only one this happens to.I mean what is the point of me even posting any threads or replies if they are going to not show up on recent posts and no one will see it to respond???????

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Funny yet this shows up........I guess my stuff is being scrutinized???Hmmmmm...very odd.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Earlier this evening, there was a thread about posting poems from members of ATS. I tried to post one twice, and then it says I am not
authorized to post on that forum. What gives? It was on the first page of the forum I am posting on right now. If I am not allowed to post, why does the author post and ask for replies if we can't do it? I am confused.

ZOOMER

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Wow again I start a thread and it does not make it into the recent post page.......again,again and again this happens......I have started this thread about this problem and sent several e-mails to the administrator and I have never gotten a single response to this problem.....Well I think I have reached the end of my rope with this.I think I will start going to another site for this these type of discussions as I have gotten no help with this.The one time I did get any response was mentioning it on another thread and was quickly brow beaten for even questioning it????????....if it seems I am angry....yes I am.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Wow again I start a thread and it does not make it into the recent post page.......again,again and again this happens......I have started this thread about this problem and sent several e-mails to the administrator

1) This thread is indeed showing up in recent posts, as well as your most-recent reply.

2) I have no emails from any member identifying themselves as "CaptGizmo"

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's not just you. I have some problems also. I don't know what is causing it, but I have issues with my firefox browser hanging almost every time I click on the last post of a thread. I seem to do OK if I start with page one, but if I try to go to the last post, I hang and have to restart firefox and restore the session.

I'll make sure other staff is aware of this. These things do take time to resolve, as there's not always a tech person handy. I mean we, just like you, have a real life, and we're only here when we have time from that.

But it's not ATS messing with you or anybody else, it's just the way things happen sometimes with a very big site.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Im sorry for the angry post....but I had gotten frustrated from a problem that has been going on for some time now. My new posts are showing up however it seems certain post and threads are just not making it to the recent post page.Here is the last one I created that did not make it to the recent post page.If some of you are seeing it...then great....I just don't see it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
That thread is on the recent posts page, however, because we're so busy, it's most of the way down the first page already. Are you sure you're not just scrolling down far enough?

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I looked again and even restarted the site and logged in again and I still don't see it.....maybe it's me but this is the only problem I have ever really had here.

I did'nt send the e-mails to you Skeptic....I figured I would try the admin first ...before I pestered you with this.Nice to know I am getting a response fro the site owner though.I sent the emails to William One Sac since it has him listed as the admin for the site in the member center.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I just posted in your thread. it should be in there for sure on the first page.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Thats really weird; it shows up as you posting there in myATS but not on the recent post page. I am just not seeing that particular thread on recent posts.This has happened with other threads before....it seems to be intermittent.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

maybe it's me but this is the only problem I have ever really had here.

Actually, you've complained of other inexplicable problems, beginning here... so this is certainly not the first.

I've even logged out and reviewed the recent posts page as a non-member, and both of your threads are in plain view.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

... it shows up as you posting there in myATS but not on the recent post page.

Check your customization set up.

If you have it set to view favourite forums only (as described in that link) and you have not subscribed to military & government projects as one of your favourite forums, it will not show up in the recent posts page.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Now you bring that up...I had forgot about that one situation which I guess turned out to be some site maintenance issue.This however has been just this one issue.I really don't have any issues here just this.All I can say to you is what I see on my PC screen, and I see it here at work and at home so I know it is not my PC.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
YAY!!!! It finally showed up.....I can see it now.It just showed up.......a little strange but I am happy now.Thanks to all who helps with this problem.I am not sure why it happened and not sure I even want to know, I just know that all is well now.

top topics

join