It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acoustic Levitation Chamber

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Is this video demonstrates a new (OLD?) form of levitation that NASA has been playing with. Using sound waves to levitate objects, I found it interesting.

vids.myspace.com...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I really liked that. It seemed somehow familiar.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This supports Ossendowsky's accounts about Tibetan people lifting enormous stones by a singing ceremony.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
"I really liked that. It seemed somehow familiar"

i know i know i got that weird feeling too, like i just couldn't put my finger on how i recognized that effect. weird

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I was looking for a link to some videos of Tibetan singing bowls. They are great to kick back and listen to.

But instead I found this which I find to be of interest.

he changed the frequency or amplitude, the development and pattern were changed as well. He found that if he increased the frequency, the complexity of the patterns increased, the number of elements became greater. If on the other hand he increased the amplitude, the motions became all the more rapid and turbulent and could even create small eruptions, where the actual material was thrown up in the air.

Source:

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

Fantastic vid - look forward to related future developments.

Maybe using certain soundwaves could get you outta the crunch at the front at a gig

I think it is a million miles away from supporting stories of Tibetan monks raising stones with songs however but anything is possible I guess.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A VERY long time ago Rosicrucians actually invented a levitating machine that used sound waves, but unfortunately it didn't work.

This article talks about the history of levitation using acoustics.

Journey Through Acoustics

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The ways that sound interact with objects or substances is truly amazing. Here are some other examples of what sound vibrations do.

and

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Can anybody explain to me what the excitiment is about? I mean I'm a sucker for a little fun physics experiment, but it doesn't open any new horizons imho.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Interesting,

However:

Sound requires the movement of air - and anyone who has been close to a speaker has probably felt the blasts of air it creates. In addition, we are seeing only very light objects made of foam levitated.

The same affect can be created with a hairdryer and a piece of styrofoam.. A hairdryer creates sound too from the movement of air - Very similar to the sound frequency in this video.

Now what I was always impressed with is levitation created by static electricity. I used to have a toy that did this but they stopped making it and i havent been able find a toy that uses the same principles - I'll have to make one myself eventually I guess.

Here is a vid demonstration of static electricity working very similar to the toy I had:

[edit on 28-11-2007 by CyberTruth]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
that corn starch video was fascinating to watch. i'm gonna have to do some resonance experiments now. =)

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Wow. The video of the salt patterns is way cool! Reminded me big time of intricate crop circles Perhaps when the aliens take off the sound itself manipulates the crops into such weird shapes.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

It's very weird I was not able to excess, the video, I wonder is someone not allowing it to be viewed, nah.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
That 'weird' feeling of familiarity with this technology, in my opinion, is because in our distant past man had mastered the art of levitating objects using sound.

As previously mentioned, Tibetan Monks still know the secret of this technology.

I think this technology was forgotten and is now slowly being recalled. Once this is mastered once again, life will change as we know it.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by interestedalways

Familure? This looks like a good way to power a UFO. Instead of floating something. Include the bottom sound projector on board the ship located on the bottom and project the ship upwards. How fast can you go depends on how much propulsion can be created with sound. Maybe it looks failure because you already know this. St. Joseph

[edit on 28-11-2007 by St.Joseph]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   
as you know,sounds are waves travelling upon the atmospheric gasses.

acoustic levitation needs gas to work,so

it cant work in space,
or higher in the atmosphere as theres not enough air pressure
apollo.lsc.vsc.edu...

so itl be useful only for small,near ground levitating craft.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by welivefortheson]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by hiii_98

Hey there, I'm with the others who posted saying this looked familiar.

For a long time now I've thought some kind of accoustic/sonic vibration technology was responsible for manipulating the blocks that were used to build the pyramids. But that's a whole other thread.
Woody

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Very fascinating. Matter vibrates in harmony on the plane in order to allow the laws to work correctly (i.e. gravity). Once you change the vibrations of matter, the laws of physics no longer apply. Gravity waves may be repelled if matter is vibrating high enough. Good video.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stockburn
reply to post by Rhain

Wow. The video of the salt patterns is way cool! Reminded me big time of intricate crop circles Perhaps when the aliens take off the sound itself manipulates the crops into such weird shapes.

I think there is a thread that states this as well here. I also read somewhere that the crop circles were being done to try to fix a problem with earth ( can't find that information again sorry).

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by welivefortheson

What if the ship were enclosed and pressurized?. The waves traveled on the air inside the ship.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join