It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got Milk? - Maybe not after you read this!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

again, deny ignorance

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Some stuff you said make sense (like everybody is constructed differently) but then, why is the government trying to make EVERYBODY drink milk, if it isn't good for EVERYBODY?

I'm just sick of the milk ad that goes everywhere around here...(un verre de lait, c'est bien, mais deux, c'est mieux : One glass of milk is good, but two, it's better)

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Nobody said we NEED milk...but, it tastes good, its good protein, has calcium and vitamin A...and I drink on average 10 cups of milk a day!! Im perfectly fine as far as I know.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Only individuals with B and AB blood type are able to digest milk. But not UHT treated it is universal poison.
For others indigested milk (especially casein) will fill digestion tract and support inflammation. If combined with undigested potatoes�
Casein was used as glue in the past.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
yearss ago, and it made perfect sense. If you look at other animals, none use milk later. Now we take milk from another animal....that kinda seems weird. We are hunters and gatherers. Look at all the # we have to go thru to make milk "safe" for ingesting.

HUNTERS AND GATHERERS! not bakers, refiners, processors,
pasturizerers.........ect.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
... why is the government trying to make EVERYBODY drink milk, if it isn't good for EVERYBODY?

Because after UHT (Ultra High Temperature) conservation treatment THEY have whole lakes of � substance and they have to SELL IT for every price.
Remember it is heavily government subsidized production. And they now that people slowly discovering that milk may be dangerous for the health.
Exactly the same situation is with evil wheat products. Gluten is as good as casein.
Milk is digested (depend where) by 12% of population and wheat by 30-40%

Why all anti acid drugs are on every gas station along with pain killers?
Is not digestion supporting drug � it is digestion blocker!
People are slowly dying�.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Find me an article that says we need lactose.

Lactose is a good source of glucose if you can digest it. It breaks down into glucose and galactose, which can be converted in glucose. You do need glucose.

I'm not sure if milk is healthy. Those hormones could be a problem. Most animal hormones don't work for humans though, and the protein hormones will be broken down by the peptase and tryptase of your digestion. I'm not sure what will happen with the non-protein hormones, such as adrenalin, testosteron, cortison and progesteron. I believe animal adrenalin is the same as human, because they are very small and a small change would mean a totally different chemical. The problem is that searching for it on the internet is terrible. You only find those stupid 'health' pills.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Drink up that pus so it can come out of your nose later in droves.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i love milk, and i really dont care if im drinking puss and blood. you do realize that people also eat raw meat, animal eyes, livers, and everything else? its nothing new. compared to th =echemicals they pout in most foods, id take puss.

and whoever asked how kids would eat cereal without milk, i must say, saldy there are kids that do just that. or theyll eat it with ORANGE JUICE........DAMN thats freakin nasty. i tried it once, unpleasant, yes.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I eat cereal with TANGERINE juice. I think it tastes SUPERB.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I think this topic was brought up on BTS recently also.

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
is for babies......everyone knows that, but advertising gets the best of most Americans. It doesnt do anything for adults

Milk is for babies
-Arnold Schwarzenegger in "pumping iron"
Just goes to show you ya don't need milk to get strong and healthy.
Adults weren't really ment to digest milk, hence the lactose allergy(intollarence) in many. We have all been exposed to the Dairy Council's propaganda, here's some from the other side:
www.panix.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Ahh, I just got done drinking some milk too.
Oh well, i've never got sick from it.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
I eat cereal with TANGERINE juice. I think it tastes SUPERB.

Cereal with juice? Are you serious? Yuk!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

How did you drawn conclusion that milk made you stronger? Or that you wouldn't have been as strong without milk?

(don't tell me I wouldn't have had all the good calcium and protein, you don't need milk to get that)

Also, have your OWN research proved that lactose is good and needed by our system?

I am into weightlifting and kickboxing, heavily. I work at an aerospace machine shop in the quality dept. and work with a lot of math, especially statistics. Therefore, one day I came up with the idea to track my food intake, supplement intake and combine them into an SPC system (statistical process control) to follow my body mass and strength. I recorded my numbers religiously everyday for 6 months, and tallied them regularly. During the time I gave up milk (3 miserable weeks), I recorded the smallest gains, it was like I hit my plateau and could not get any stronger or bigger. But, once I started drinking the milk again, I ballooned up like I was on steroids. From what I remember, milk increased my overall muscle strength 12.5% in one month, after I gave it up for 3 weeks, and this number includes all muscle categories. Needless to say, but saying it anyway, my mass also increased.

But like I said earlier only in a different way:
Milk, it does some bodies good and others bad,

posted on Feb, 7 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I've been anti-dairy since I was 2, plan to stay that way.

Don't understand how people can consume it, quite honestly.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Hey ATS members! I've been noticing that my milk page has had more hits than my main page. Now I know why! I just saw I was getting hits from some conspiracy site.
I was like, oh great, I'm probably # 5 on some "Milk Industry Hitlist". But I'm starting to take a liking to this forum already.

My story (short, it's longer at my site, at the bottom): I was lactose intolerant from 12-14, and then 20-22. I'm 24 now. I do admit I have milk products, sparingly. A little pizza here and there, some chocolate, some ice cream. It's awesome going to a restaurant and not having to worry about how the food was made, did it come in contact with any milk products, etc. The sheer amount of milk products is astounding by the way. When I have a choice of having something with or without milk, I always go with whatever doesn't have milk.

So I've come to realize, in the past 2 years (since I was able to have milk again) I've had a lot of excess mucus. Related? I'd give it a 90% chance. Playing sports can be hard at times (this coming from a guy that intends to break a sweat at least 4 days in the week). And talking in the mornings is down right hard. (The other 10% may be Anti-Carman flower is releasing pollen to mess with me.)

I had some roomates that thought I was crazy for liking soy milk stuff. All 3 of them now have reduced their milk intake and use soy milk. And I found this out later, it wasn't me "pushing" my agenda on them.

Thanks for the support guys. I'd love to discuss it more with you! And I'll be updating my site since this little discovery of mine has thrown me in a bit of an anti-milk rampage today.

www.jamesthecarman.com/milk.htm - #2 on google for "milk is bad for you". Behind #1 www.notmilk.com which has a lot more info than mine does.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ha! Coke's even worse!
My dad's one for milk, as is my brothers, but not me! Daddy keeps telling me I'm going to get osteoperosis, but me, I don't worry.
If you can break it down, go ahead, but I like sticking to less meat in the diet. It's just healthier for me. Meat makes me a little nautios--I love it a little too raw...
Cousin saw the site, started ranting about "That's why I hardly drink the stuff."

Well, I more contend that anything in excess causes problems. (you don't want colon cancer? Take a sip of bootleg wiskey once a day. Have yet to find one who does has colon cancer--cleans the colon better than fiber!)

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Damn parents. MY parents MAKE me drink that white crap. I HATE milk. Water, juice, Starbucks, soda even ice cream - but NO milk. Gross.

[Edited on 5/16/04 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Someones undoubtably put this but its 2:30am and i couldnt be bothered checkin, but... what about the high amounts of calcium in Milk.... Good for bones and teeth

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Go figure, read Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle."

Most of it was about simple social justice, concerns about low wages, bad working conditions and numerous other things.

En passant or "in passing," the stockyards and impure conditions are mentioned. The Federal Government creates the FDA, which is meant of course to be totally distinct from the industries it regulates. The consequence was for the most part much cleaner food.
Some social concerns may have tended to be cared during the New Deal.

Now transport yourself to the Federal Government today, the "revolving door." Yup, the fox has been guarding the chicken coop for quite a while now. The response to what would have been a fourth estate complaint gets put to the back pages. The USDA now forbids mad cow testing when a business request it for exported beef? I mean duh already. Science is manipulated and that substitute is utilized by industry to approve whatever the corporate campaign contributor wants. Say look at Rumsfeld, he "pulls all his markers," in Washington in the early 1980s and the whole country gets aspartame pushed down its throat. How sweet it is? Well read the FDA literature before this guy sold out the country, dumbed people down with this chemical warfare agent, and once promising ulcer drug.

If actual science and actual health is what government must do, then it is failing extremely badly on any semblance of it. Public relations and propaganda is no substitute for good sense or even some rule of thumb. But the science is the problem, what is the actual chemistry involved say in this milk analysis? Do you really want to drink a growth hormone in cow�s milk that is the same as a human growth hormone, when obesity is epidemic here?

Do you want pus in your milk, when some "waste," of the liquid is good farming practice for purity? Homogenization reduces fat particles to such smallness, that they more readily arrive at the capillaries. Pasteurization is too often conducted for too brief an interval, so there is a bacterial count. Try test the difference from regular milk and super pasteurized milk, see which one goes sour in a sealed carton first.

Yeah you can wake up and figure out all this stuff, but when nothing gets done, are you going to just go back to sleep when the next "expert," or paid debunker just tells you forcibly what actual science obviously disputes?

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by SkipShipman]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join