It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 Incredible Natural Phenomena you've never seen

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I knew about more than half of those, so that title is quite misleading. I know you didn't make up the title. Some of those that I hadn't seen before are very intriguing, thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sheesh that was one long wave, every surfers dream. Damn.

I still think that "5 suns" thing we saw pictures of a while ago(don't recall exactly where it was. The sun and reportedly 4 sundogs, all perfectly aligned made for quite a site.

It literally looked like there were five suns perfectly space around the sky, connected by rainbow type corona.

Yo me that was the most incredibal natural event I'd ever seen caught on film. I so wish I was there to witness it.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
I knew about more than half of those, so that title is quite misleading. I know you didn't make up the title. Some of those that I hadn't seen before are very intriguing, thanks for posting.

As for the title, it's not really that misleading because I haven't really heard of those and I don't think I know anyone else who has heard of at least 2 or 3 of those phenomena.

I've actually seen the number 7 (circumhorizon arc) a couple time in real life, but they are usually it's hard to see and they are very rare.

Nice thread by the way

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Unique DOUBLE SUNSET. Leek, Staffordshire, England

My Hometown has an annual 'Double Sunset' (weather permitting) each year around the Summer Solstice.
This is a real crowd puller and rarely known about outside the area.
Yes, I've seen it once and a sight to behold.

Double Sunset

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Notice the chemtrail in the last pic of the "rainbow"

Also an UNNATURAL phenomena if ice crystals are energized after being laced with barium and aluminum.

I have taken pictures like that and "sun dogs" almost every day after a good spraying. Those rainbows appear when the sun is almost level with the clouds at sunset.

I want one of the goats though.

b

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anglosaxon

This is similar to the sun setting in the east phenomena. It doesn't really set in the east, but it's some sort of illusion that I don't know how it works.

Here's a thread on it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monsterenergy791
reply to post by anglosaxon

This is similar to the sun setting in the east phenomena. It doesn't really set in the east, but it's some sort of illusion that I don't know how it works.

Here's a thread on it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Well, not quite! The sun sets in the west behind a dominant rocky hill called
'The Cloud'. and disapears completely within minutes. The sun then rises partially above 'The Cloud' and then sets again This gives the illusion that it has set a second time. It's a real experience to see but is only visible from to distinctive viewing locations.
The town has adopted a housecarl that features this phenomena.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Cool phenomena! The first thing I thought of after reading over the list of seven was the '5 Suns phenomenon' mentioned above by Nola213.

Here's the orginal thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Video: video.mail.ru...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Wow, that's pretty weird! :-D

There's some strange stuff in our world, we just have to look hard enough to find it.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

that article you quoted just made me support cloud seeding to create storms if llightning creates that much ozone think about what seeding clouds in the right places could do for patching the holes in our ozone

[edit on 28-11-2007 by zeroeffect]

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
definatley learnt of some i didnt know, nice post, thanks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join