It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before 2050, America is a Third World nation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Does every body (anti american ranters aside)...
believe that a break up of the US would be a bad thing?
I mean it would be if the whole nation decended into anarchy...
But if it were somehow possible to de-centralize and perhaps like the soviet union did break into a few smaller peices...... .......
The result might well be better on average for the common man....
You can blame alot of things for the apparent divide between the rich and the poor that exists in the US today...
I dont know but maybe America is simply too big.....

What is the optimum government to general population ratio?
I dont want to try to reduce a very complicated issue down to overly simplisic terms but it is possible that 3 or 4 smaller nations could possibly govern more efficiently then on central power.....

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRidge

I agree with this guy. There are 2 catalysts threatening the US as a nation. Alone, they could bring us down. Together, they will bring us down.

Threat 1 : The NAU.

Threat 2: Banning of firearms.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
For my 2 cents, the death of America will come only if Americans fail to become educated on the power and value of the constitution and the limitations that it imposes on the power of the "Feds". We have almost 100 years of treason by the congress and the media in supporting the IRS, the federal reserve, and the illegal growth of the Feds. More than half of what is the federal government has no legitimate existence in relation to the states.

By the way, homophobic is a good thing not a bad thing. Sex is a low class beastly function no matter how it is pursued. It has no relationship to love and lowers consciousness. It is always degradation and often degeneration. It is one of the key ways of keeping people in ignorance.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Robust and adaptable Constitution. We have the oldest form of government in existance right now. No other country can currently make this claim as of today. The guiding principals and documents this country was founded upon are no less relevant or important that they were at the coutnries inception.

Fred, you should know better. What kind of claim is that apart from more typical American arrogance?

I don't know about other countries, but the UK Parliament is far older than your "Republic" and has remained essentially unchanged (far less unchanged than the US form of Government) for centuries.

I'm sure there are other nations that can claim a form of Government that is older than yours too.

posted by kleverone
Let's see...THe dollar sucks right now

The housing market sucks

Imigration is a big issue right now.

Does anyone remember the Depression? Did we bounce back?

You only bounced back after the depression because of WW2. You guy's made a huge some of money during that dark period of human suffering and continued to profit from it long afterward by sheltering War Criminals.

Had we got Von Braun first, we would have had him hung. Had the Russians got him, he would have been shot. But the Yanks, they give him a plush job and tell him to build rockets. Do you know how many Jewish "slaves" died to build his prototypes? Do you know how many people died as a result of his V series rockets?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Talking out of your bottom, I'm afraid chap.

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Actually the US civil war was the first modern technological war.

As for the Germans/Russians developing the first military devices, it was all based on American inventions like:
The airplane,

Sir George Cayley actually invented the science of Aerodynamics and invented the first glider, capable of carrying passengers, in 1853. All the yanks did in 1902 was to be the first in a global race to put an internal combustion engine (another non-American invention) in an already existing design.

the car

Another non American design. Swiss inventor François Isaac de Rivaz and French inventor Gustave Trouvé have the claim of being the inventors, I'm afraid.

power tools

Well, the Lathe is the first power tool invented, by Ancient Egyptians, no less. More modern incarnations stem from the industrial revolution, which took off in Great Britain.

the steam engine

The romans were the first to create a steam powered machine. However, the first practical steam engine was a 16th century Arab design. Subsequent developments were largely done in Britain during the industrial revolution.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRidge

I stumbled across this on Drudgereport.com under breaking news....
The sad fact is there is a high probability of what he is predicting coming true.

Comments? Flames? Free Pizza?

www.drudgereport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Dear BlueRidge,

Thanks for the post, however, it's not "news," breaking or otherwise. Drudge has been promoting this book for some time now.

Buchanan is to the right, what Chomsky is to the left. He's smart, articulate and considered a visionary by his followers. The people who buy his books.

It seems to me Buchanan, wittingly or not, is a shill for the ruling elite who are always anxious to find new ways to exploit labor and resources around the world. Under them a N. American union is only desirable if it further consolidates more wealth into their greedy hands.

I mean, come on now, how could it be that drug and border control are beyond the ability of the world’s most powerful and advanced nation? The simple answer is that it isn’t. The more complicated answer is undoing harmful policies by rulers on both sides of the border. Specifically those polices that involve the movement of people and drugs.

To the powers-that-be this lack of control over drugs and border appears to be the desired state of affairs. As always, follow the money.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by BlueRidge

I agree with this guy. There are 2 catalysts threatening the US as a nation. Alone, they could bring us down. Together, they will bring us down.

Threat 1 : The NAU.

- Immigration debacle
- Gas/energy prices
- Buying "Made in China" goods

Threat 2: Banning of firearms.

- Socialize everything in the US (Extreme Liberal agenda (Hillary))

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Five years ago Russia was said to have an economy the size of Los Angles but seems now to have rebounded.Maybe stealing the oil from someone will help ours too.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Could you imagine in the future that our own President turns on American citizens?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join