It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before 2050, America is a Third World nation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Not sure if I buy into the civil war thing I dont think enough people would get motivated enough to organise that....Kinda like most people seeing a guy next door beating his wife and not doing anything about it other than the old idea of just mind your own business our govt is a perfect example of that we know they have given us plenty of reason to revolt from trading our factory jobs for low waged service jobs to throwing us into an un needed occupation in Iraq which they claim is a war (not) as if us staying in Iraq is going to keep us safe from the bad guys when our borders are wide open....Heck we dont even have enough people at our privately owned ports checking the millions of shipment coming in......It is almost like they are trieing to convince us that Iraq is the only place radical muslims live......Kinda sad those that see what is really going on arent gonna do anything because it would be the quikest revolt ever they wpuld be wiped out because their numbers are so small.....The rest of the people are just to comfortable with their xboxs and nintendos and 150 espn tv channels it is more important to most to see who has the highest football score than what new laws are getting passed through in the middle of the night by some lame senator.....Being a third world country shouldnt be a surprise to any of us when Paris and Britney are the big headline for the day..........

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I agree. Government has to change. I don't think it will take an armed revolution though. Simple solution is to regulate how much money caandidates can spend. Level the playing field. We should all take voting seriously as well. Tote this fact to all you know.
Inform yourself and VOTE !!!!!
LGF

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Perfect example of getting people organised is we cant even get them to get out and vote on anything and thinking any kind of revolt is gonna happen is along the same lines as long as they are comfy in their home with their espn and driving their new SUVs that is all they care about....Until they lose all that maybe they will pay a little attention to potential problems that we have growing in our back yards.......

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by j_kalin
Besides, if they want to come up here and work in the bad jobs, I'll happily move down there and live on the beach...

I totally agree with your post... so had to go a little more light hearted on this one...

when you get to that beach send me the info on how to get a bada-- spatial palace on the beach for under 100 grand.

=P

I guess I could add in my opinion stopping the NAU is a waste of time. If the EU had been stopped it would be one thing... but as j-Kalin posted previously Even if they don't call it the NAU the rules they want enacted will just be enacted in the US Mexico and Canada. Sit back enjoy the ride and buck the system any way you can.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
First of all, I think I was the only college student (certainly female) I knew who loved Pat Bucannan, the man is one of the greatest Patriots this country has ever known. I don't always agree with him, but damn his message is always consistent and he always stands firm for AMERICAN interests. Besides - I mostly agree with him! However, I think 2050 is optimistic - more like 2035.

Anyway...Here is an excellent article I read sometime back. As authentic a picture of what is happening as I have found.

The Slow Crash:
ranprieur.com...

Excerpt:

If that's all we get, the crash will be slower and more complex than the kind of people who predict crashes like to predict. It won't be like falling off a cliff, more like rolling down a rocky hill. There won't be any clear before, during, or after. Most people living during the decline and fall of Rome didn't even know it. We're told to draw a line at the sack of Rome by the Visigoths, but to Romans at the time it was just one event -- the Visigoths came, they milled around, they left, and life went on. After the 1929 stock market crash, respectable voices said it was a temporary adjustment, that the economy was still strong. Only years later, when we knew they were wrong, could we draw a line at 1929.

I suggest we're already in the fall of civilization. In 2004 the price of oil doubled, bankruptcies and foreclosures accelerated, global food stockpiles fell to record lows despite high harvests, an apocalyptic religious cult hacked an election to tighten their control of the world's most powerful country, and we had record numbers of hurricanes and tornadoes -- and a big tsunami to top it off. If every year from here to 2020 is half as eventful, we'll be living in railroad cars, eating grass, and still waiting for the big crash we've been led to expect from watching movies designed to push our emotional buttons and be over in two hours.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Papillion

the masses are all together in this but nothing is being done. Your gov does not take you seriously. How is it possible to argue so [SNIP] much about bringing the troops home? For god's sake this is so absurd. How long is it gonna take for your gov to listen you its citizens? is US a democratic country? You tell them you want your troops back... how many dead already? over 3,000?? and yet they play politics like if it was a game there sitting down with their papers and pens what a joke. Everytime ppl get together in congress, closer to doing what the nation wants.... mr evil plays the VETO hahaha unbelievable.... not just that but he even asks congress for more money hahaha... then you have the people from katrina on the street with no homes and no food or water... and then they have the face to ask for donations? hahaha [SNIP] waste those same billlions in your stupid war at home with your citizents that need it. He took you guys ther with the whole they have nukes, they attacked us... and all a joke... a lie.. yet the point is they dont give a [SNIP]about what you think or have to say. Thats the sad thing. Masses will always get together and complain but in a contry where the entire media is controlled and manipulated,.. masses get nowhere. You gonna have to really step it up. Check Spain for example. Their citizens stood up and told the government, [SNIP], you bringing our soldiers back right now my friend, the week after all the Spanish troops left the war no words said... that I think was quite democratic... it did not have anything to do with the government but with the People, who told the government what they wanted for their nation.

You gonna really have to step it up, get eveyone on the same boat, and fight your government to listen to you. By fight I mean peacefully... on the streets, demonstrations, collapse the system so they listen to you. Although I can see your police state issue getting worse... and cops shooting at peacefully demonstrators with those electric tasers.. too bad not a good situation you guys have.

-----------------------------------
Removed 4 censor circumventions

please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I don't want to bring the troops home just yet I don't think it is a good Idea
right now.. since I am sure someone is gonna give me the whole people are being killed speech let me just say that I already know that

I have a younger brother in the Marine Corps and I myself if all goes well will be going back in the Army in February 2008..

I have yet to see a scientific poll that shows the numbers for and against bringing the troops home and I don't mean a CNN type poll.

at any rate we need hard numbers before we just pull the plug the number of people being killed is dropping sharply and we are just getting things a bit more under control I say give it time and let the Armed Forces fight the war and not the politicians.

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hey Geo, you don't think it's time to bring them back? Why did we go in the first place? It was an illegal/unauthorized war from the start. Wars should be declared by congress. The new congress was elected because the population has had it with this war. Have they done anything about it? No wonder their rating is less than the president. Unbelievable!

This war has lasted more than WWII and what are we accomplishing? Who are we fighting? al-CIAeda? I mean, al-Qaeda? It's a civil war. Or we're just keeping al-Qaeda armed so that we can continue the war indefinitely. How many more lives until we decide it's enough? Why not approach all Arab nations with diplomacy so they can send peace keeping troops? I guess diplomacy is not a word the current administration understands (and I voted for the current president twice....shame on me).

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by manticore

well said. A completely illegal war, never declared by congress nor the UN which actually fully opposed to it and condemned it, not to the Security Council which did as well. Illegal.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Moderator,

I just re read the thread and I noticed that the original poster has never commented on his or her thread since their original posting.

Just seems a litttle off to me

Enjoyable thread however,
LGF.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Congress did initially sanction the wars in both Afganistan and Iraq. Check your facts. The U.N. however did not but a large majority of countries in the theatre did vote in favour. Public opinion started to sway about one and a half years in. Two years in several public figures started to back peddle on their position of support to the Bush administration. The majority in Congress has also changed hands but only recently.

By the way, I do not support the Bush Admin.

Why did we go ? Big question. I'll say one thing first that we do not have all the facts. We have never been told beforehand in any conflict in all our history all the facts so we as the populace can only speculate. What we know is only the tip of the ice berg.

Obvious reasons are oil, 911, stability in the region and AL Queda. Probably in that order unfortunately. Why are we still there, Stability in the region.

The very short version.
LGF.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Papillion

HEre... Ill give you real facts... enjoy

nlg.org...

THis facts are real, and have been taken to the diffenet judicial systems both national and international so that Bush and Cheney are judged. The last thing I heard about it that they are already starting the impinchment process for both Bush and Cheney. You can read all the info in that website.. including the lawsuit and respective charges.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Decay, Economic Downturn and Revolution

The link above is a good provides more information on how the former Soviet Union was planning for the demise of the United States in the form of a great depression. The ironic part is that the USSR crashed before they could implement their plan...or did they?

Sorry about not responding.....Studying for exams

Spelling..

[edit on 28-11-2007 by BlueRidge]

[edit on 28-11-2007 by BlueRidge]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
So we're there to stabilize the region while destabilizing and bankrupting America. Nice. And yes, I was for the war initially, based on false information. However, I don't buy it that the administration was fed false information.

We, the population, are treated like mushrooms - always in the dark.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Well as was stated by another post the war was initially authorized by congress that is why they are giving Hillary all kinds of guff now for voting to authorize.

as far as why we are there now I am not sure either I imagine it has to do with finishing what we started and I think we should we destroyed a government and an army and we should stay until it is renewed or until a large majority of the people are in the streets marching against the war..

I don't mean 10,000 this is just a pittance of a fraction of the 350,000,000 Americans so till we get a larger majority marching against I am all for staying.

After all like I said earlier I will go if they want me to makes no difference to me
that doesn't mean I will like it and it doesn't mean I necessarily want to but I'll go none the less particularly if it means some 18 year old kid won't get killed..
(no disrespect to any younger members on the forum but I have lived nearly twice that long and would rather it be me than someone who hasn't had a chance to live.)

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The solution is simple. Do what we should have done in 1848: annex Mexico.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by plaetorian

One thing you have overlooked. We may be be a slovenly people as a whole. But our history tells a story altogether differently. Our country was forged from war. One was for freedom of all people. One was internal to bring about freedom and technology.[civil war] One was fought to oppose those that would have ruled the world. We have a strong inbred desire for freedom. We have a desire to improve the lot of the world.[until recently anyway] And once we wake back up a strength of the people unlike any other on the planet. Do not think that we are all asleep. Some are watching. The revolutionary war was fought with the support of about 10% of the population. That support grew as more people saw what could be achieved. While our administration does its will, the people are starting to wake up. Do not dismiss the power of the American people we are stronger than we appear. Although the future may appear dim there is still a chance we will still prevail.

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by plaetorian

Who not agree with Plaetorian posts and Pat Buchanan warnings are not true American patriot. Just a coward blinded foolks. I am sorry about it. Its time to wake up, research and learn. And read all Constitution. I am sure here 99,99999% american people here never read it.

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by greensurfer

its just sad what else..-.. im not American I shouldnt even be worried about your situation... but I tell you something. When I lived in the US and I did for 6 years... every single American I met asked me... why everywhere in the world think of us as stupid... well I just couldnt answer ha.... I thought of the US as the greatest country until i got ther.

But hey what the heck... you guys sit back keep doing what you doing cuz you do it very well... and let your gov with their own agendas turn you all prisioners. While everyone is so stupid that dont agree with the other... you government keeps laughing at you. You think they care? They care what you have to say? f€ no my friend they dont give a f# about you, your ideals, freedom, rights,... you dont even realize. Ppl that are not Americans are already complaning why you government is destroying its own country, its own constitution... but the main problem is simple. The American citizens are so not coming along with their thoughts, and what they think and want for their country and that is the main problem, once you have a country that has come together.. think equaly and want the best for the nation, then you go fight your politicians that are taking advantage of how stupid you are. Almost 4000 soldiers dead over oil... the ppl asking for them to come back and Bush freaking laughin at you, and congress on your face.... there thats the answer to why the world think you are stupid. THe last president in Spain that try 1% of what your country is doing was kicked out by the ppl.. the troops... back from the war days after the ppl told the government they wanted them back,... there straight and simple..... the ppl... telling the government what should be done for the best of the nation?? :/ oohhh yeah... Democracy

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by plaetorian
reply to post by greensurfer

its just sad what else..-.. im not American I shouldnt even be worried about your situation... but I tell you something. When I lived in the US and I did for 6 years... every single American I met asked me... why everywhere in the world think of us as stupid... well I just couldnt answer ha.... I thought of the US as the greatest country until i got ther.

But hey what the heck... you guys sit back keep doing what you doing cuz you do it very well... and let your gov with their own agendas turn you all prisioners. While everyone is so stupid that dont agree with the other... you government keeps laughing at you. You think they care? They care what you have to say? f€ no my friend they dont give a f# about you, your ideals, freedom, rights,... you dont even realize. Ppl that are not Americans are already complaning why you government is destroying its own country, its own constitution... but the main problem is simple. The American citizens are so not coming along with their thoughts, and what they think and want for their country and that is the main problem, once you have a country that has come together.. think equaly and want the best for the nation, then you go fight your politicians that are taking advantage of how stupid you are. Almost 4000 soldiers dead over oil... the ppl asking for them to come back and Bush freaking laughin at you, and congress on your face.... there thats the answer to why the world think you are stupid. THe last president in Spain that try 1% of what your country is doing was kicked out by the ppl.. the troops... back from the war days after the ppl told the government they wanted them back,... there straight and simple..... the ppl... telling the government what should be done for the best of the nation?? :/ oohhh yeah... Democracy

plaetorian,

What region of the United States were you in during your six years? I can tell you that if you stayed in large cities or the urban areas you have not gotten a true taste of America and its people. I live in what is considered "fly over territory" by most media types and big city types and can tell you that we are a completely different culture and arguably a different country.

I agree with you concerning the lack of knowledge and education for the average American citizen. It was quite pitiful to sit in high school and see my fellow students unable to spot what country they lived in or where is China, Russia, Iraq e.t.c. I am not trying to sound elitist, but it is the truth. I would however suspect that the rest of the world has their fare share of dunces also. America is also easier to pick on due to our status as a world super power.

Overall I have very little hope for my country after seeing her stripped of industry that creates true wealth i.e manufacturing widgets and the pitiful social and economic conditions the average American is being slowly conditioned to. Call me a pessimist but I would consider Americas future a bleak one at best. Lest just hope for I'm wrong.

BlueRidge

[edit on 29-11-2007 by BlueRidge]

[edit on 29-11-2007 by BlueRidge]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join