It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother active in Houston texas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
This morning I was watching the local news and this report caught my attention.

www.click2houston.com...

The city of houston went outside to a rural site, road blocked the area to only allow destingushed guest in, note this is public land and this to me was illegal activity anyway, forbid any press coverage and proceeded to test a unmanned drone that is going into use in the houston police departments arsenal.

Our local news agency found out and went there in cars and with a chopper. The police department threatend the chopper saying it was in violation of FAA unauthorized air space. The news agency contacted the FAA and found out this was a damn lie, so they continued the coverage which forced the police department to make a statement. The police department acknowlegded they did not want this information disclosed and they will not rule out anything they will use the drone for.

It was stated this drone has the resolution to see into vehicles and house's with great clarity and good zoom. So they can look into your car while you drive and in your house while you do whatever you do.

I did not see this on ATS so I hope it isnt a repeated source.

This is just one more step nationwide to turn us into a 1984 type society, and there is no agency or representative fighting for us.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nice thread.

Check out the suppliers.

Insitu, Inc.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:15 PM
link   
THanks STOMPK for the link to the makers.

This is a high tech bird, very capable of causeing unlawful searches from the air.

The implications are limitless. Now that Houston is going to use this, others will follow. The more that they become intigrated into civil police units the more the chance for infringements upon our civil rights.

These, like red light cameras are but the beginning steps in a govermental infiltraiton into our private lives. Every new survalence gadget they get, it only will drive them to want more and more.

Without some legal intervention, we are a doomed society. What we know as freedom and privacy is slowly being wiped out. One day, we will awake to a strange new land and wonder how we let it happen.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
As soon as I heard about the drones in Iraq I knew w/o a doubt that they were going to bring that technology home to roost. People drunk w/power can rarely pass up a chance to expand it. Hopefully they won't waste too much tax payer money with this.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Merseyside police have recently added micro-recon-drones complete with high-resolution and night-vision cameras to the force's arsenal

BBC News: The UK's first police remote control helicopter has taken off.

Perhaps its time to take the resistance to the skies R/C style!

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
What would it take to produce an "anti-drone?"

Jamming?

Locate the take off and landing area? Or hit it with a laser beam and burn out the camera?

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

It's what will be needed in the future.

I bet interfering with a drone is a terrorist act punishable by all unlawful means that can be brought forward.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I just heard Jamal Lewis is now considered 'armed and dangerous' to Houston football teams, running over blockers like lamb chops. Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Anything as simple as a cheap R/C kit plane that could be crashed into the drone to damage or destroy it

Originally posted by roadgravel
I bet interfering with a drone is a terrorist act punishable by all unlawful means that can be brought forward.

I'm not sure how easy it would be to detect the rogue plane's R/C signal and home in on the operator's position, but at a guess it would mean that new-issue police drones would have to carry expensive jamming countermeasures, or involve a separate police detachment with detection and jamming equipment to counter such a threat

[edit on 25-11-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I bet any money that some powers that be are watching this thread
or at least will be

u can bet on it

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Personally I don't see what the big deal is here. If you have cops in choppers burning large amounts of irreplaceable fossil fuels looking for criminals then its ok? These are greener and what is the difference between the two unless you are doing something you should not be doing. Plus think of the border protection they could do with these things. Its not like they are swarming the sky's with these things.

[edit on 25-11-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Give your youtube video comments on this link, make the video popular so more people know about this

and Rate it as well

it's imperative that this is known

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I wonder about just how useful this technology really is for investigatory work.

I mean, I can see the tactical use of it, for following vehicles in pursuit, watching the exits when you exercise a forcible entry, that sort of thing. But it's not like this is a huge investigative advance. Drug dealers function on the level of personal interractions. Just like the FBI has found with the mafia, you can follow them all day long; but that's not the same as making the case to prove what deals they agreed to or whom they're planning to whack.

The problem that is creeping up on US military intel is precisely this: departments focus on technology, trying to pave over their increaslingly shoddy human intelligence work. The problem goes back more than three decades. It was Dutch intel that told the CIA that the Shah of Iran was about to be overthrown in 1978---the CIA disregarded, since the Shah had the latest US counter intel equipment and data.

Same in Moghadishu. And the hunt for Bin Laden.

Now, you can look for your PD to spend more and more money on technology, and to lose any clue whatever as to whom is terrorizing your neighborhood.

Good night, and good luck.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
this sucks i dont want those damn drones spyin on me !

i live in houston.... and if i see drones flying around im learning how to take those lil bastards down

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
See mom I told you playing all those video games would pay off some day
I bet they have 15 and 16 year old kids controlling these things....

I am more concerned with whether or not they have stuff that can see through walls than just some POC that flies around chasing people....

I bet one shot at it with a 30/30 would take care of it...A bullet is cheaper than a RC plane heh.....

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Jamming?

Locate the take off and landing area? Or hit it with a laser beam and burn out the camera?

Shotgun anyone? :p

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Not sure how you are going to hit it with a bullet or an rc plane,laser etc. when it is flying at 10,000 ft or more. Remember these things can have very powerful cameras and lenses. They have had equipment that can see through walls for years now but I doubt the standard police could pay for it.Not to mention it is probably to heavy to carry on one of these drones, so I would not worry about that aspect of it.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   
More technology to spy on regular citizens as the power in this world cement their hold on the populations.

Yes, we still can talk and even comment about who may be watching or reading our post in this thread

This people are wining if you are afraid or what they can or not do.

I say let shot the darn things for invading our privacies and then let them take us to court and argue our rights to be private citizens.

plain and simple, oh, it could be simple but we all know that our nation is looking more and more like a new modernized nazi Germany where the enemy is its citizens.

How the police will pay for it? it probably be under the new Gestapo force, (I mean homeland security)

I bet Blackwater can afford this technology.

[edit on 26-11-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Jamming?

Interfering with or damaging law enforcement property is against the law and wrong. When you take it upon yourself to damage tax payer property in a way you are stealing from your fellow citizens.

Does anyone here really want to go to jail (and/or) prison because they were messing w/a police drone ?

A much more effective way would be to raise community awareness and get the use of drones banned.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The last time I did my taxes it was not area around in the paper work that said, I am allowing the nazi government we have to use my tax to spy on me

Wake up America since when was the last time our for the people elected government has asked the people what we want or not.

Sorry to bring this to you but we are no longer a for the people ruled nation if we can not fight back the take over of our nation by the people we actually think we elected to office.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join