It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my heart goes out to this poor girl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i can't even begin to imagine what she must have suffered and i hope those responsible for this occurring are severely made to pay for it.

a 15 year brazilian old girl was locked in a police cell for a month with between 20 and 30 men occupying the same cell during that month. i don't need to go into any detail about what she was forced to do in order just to be able to eat.

as if it could be any excuse, the police didn't believe she was 15 and threatened her father to produce a birth certificate for a 20 year old. the media say she was accused of robbery but she hadn't even been charged with any crime.

this is such a sad story

story here

[edit on 23-11-2007 by justyc]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Women's rights groups in Brazil say it is not an isolated case.

Human rights groups have said that she was raped relentlessly and forced to have sex in order to obtain food.

I feel nothing but disgust, anger and extreme sympathy for that poor girl. I hope everyone involved, including the police, get punished severely.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
i heard this story on the radio today and it made me want to weep. nobody should ever have to put up with this.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I want to say I feel bad and so much other things but i'm just speechless

I mean this could have been anyone of our daughter's

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I heard about this on another forum, i cant even begin to express how evil and upsetting this is to read! Rape in itself is a nasty evil deed let alone gang rape and not to mention the poor girls age, she will be mentally scared for life! Im lost for words and feel physically sick knowing this kind of thing goes on. I really and truly hope she doesn’t suffer anymore than she has and I certainly hope all persons involved get their comeuppance! My heart goes out to that poor girl and anyone else that has been victim to the actions of scum that walk among us.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
This is sickening. I can't even imagine how people who allow this kind of thing to happen think.

Soulless garbage, that's what they are. The word "human" does not apply to this kind of trash.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
No one should be put through this, i agree.

However as opposed to placing blame directly at the feet of those responsible, lets not forget that the rapists themselves are truly scum and deserve to be punished with the most vile and painful experiences known to man, and if/when they become used to it, kill them.

Their evil will be felt by any who read that report, and as such this evil should be visited upon them, i feel.

The sense of self-preservation of my psychology and spirit seems small and inconsequential in the face of the hatred that those responsible for this have stirred up within me.

I want them to die.

This was no accident.

EDIT: "Women's rights groups in Para state quoted by the Globo website say there have been at least three cases of women being put in cells with men."

I repeat - This was no accident.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is just one of many cases of human (and especially women) rights violation that happen in Brazil.

In some areas they have what can be considered an "evolution" of the colonial system mixed with the behaviour that became common during the military dictatorship, making the rich, the powerful and the authorities behave as if they owned the land and the people.

In this case the police says that the girl, accused of theft, remained in custody because she could not provide her ID to prove her age, and as the police station does not have cells for women they put her in the same cell as the men (in Brazil is common to have some 10 or 20 people in the same cell).

The girl was arrested in the act of committing the theft, and at the time said she was 20 years old, according to a responsible from the police, and the girl was submitted to medical tests to see what her real age is.

One of the reasons for the existence of doubts about the age of the girl is the fact that her natural father presented a birth certificate that shows her as being 20 years old while her stepfather showed a certificate where she has only 15.

According to the same police agent (I do not know how to translate that post, "delegado") her stepfather has a fake certificate to assume her paternity when he went to live with her mother.

The girl has been arrested in other occasions.

But the suspicions against the police officers involved are many, fuelled by the fact that the police did not let her out when members of the office responsible for minors went there with the birth certificate showing her as a 15 years old and told them to get back on the following day. When they returned she wasn't there, and the police said that she had run away. She says that the police left her on the port and told her to get aboard a boat and go to a far away place.

Three of the agents involved were suspended, the superintendent for the region, one "delegado" and one police-woman, also a "delegada", that arrested the girl and that sent her to the cell. The prison agents were also suspended, and all were suspended to avoid interference with the investigations.

One of the prisoners said the they were against the idea of putting her in the same cell, saying that it was wrong and that she was a minor, but he said that the police put her in the cell and even hit her.

The prisoners were after transfered to a different jail.

The governor of the state of Pará said that there is a suspicion that the girl might have been put in the cell to be sexually exploited by the prisoners.

This is all that I could gather from 7 different news articles from Globo.com

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
But the suspicions against the police officers involved are many, fuelled by the fact that the police did not let her out when members of the office responsible for minors went there with the birth certificate showing her as a 15 years old and told them to get back on the following day. When they returned she wasn't there, and the police said that she had run away. She says that the police left her on the port and told her to get aboard a boat and go to a far away place.

does that meant he girl is actually missing then? if so, that's going to even more disturbing if they never find her. i hope if this is true that she managed to find a way to somewhere safe.

spin it 1000 times and it still doesn't matter what the story given is - no woman should ever be put in a cell with men. it's just asking for trouble. it's also disgusting to think that one of those responsible for putting her there was a woman also. if crimes by women are not that rare then you have to ask why they have no women's cell.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

She is not missing, she was found three days after (Saturday the 17th) on the port. She did some medical tests on Monday, the same day that the government organisation for the minors made the case known.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Obviously, the people involve knew the authorities were coming for her, so they set her free and said she escaped, to prevent the authorities to talk to her and expose the evil doers.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There is something terribly wrong with authority when it acts negligent toward the innocent. These people who were involved with this inept power trip should be stripped of all authority since they so brazenly show there employer how defiant they are against decency and respect for human rights. I say string em up for failing to protect another human from suffering cruelty, pain, humiliation and sexual abuse by there misguided mental capacities.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I think they should subject the woman jailer to the same conditions they subjected that 15 year old girl to. Perhaps she won't be so quick to put a little girl in with full grown men next time.
As for the male jailers- they should be horsewhipped in my opinion. There is no excuse for that sort of behavior. One lash for every rape that poor girl went through wouldn't be enough in my opinion.
Our whole world is just plain sick these days. It's disgusting what I keep hearing - our basic human rights and dignities are being trampled on a daily basis, and here most of us sit, doing absolutely nothing but sitting on our butts. What will it take for us to say "enough"?!?

Peace
KarmaGurl

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I would like to point that it isn't known, at least by me, if she is really a 15 years old girl or a 20 years old woman. That does not mean that she should have been put in the same cell as the men, but it does make a difference.

Also, I don't know the results of the medical tests to which she was submitted to see if she was really victim of sexual assault.

The only certainty at the moment is that she was jailed in the same cell as some 20 men during a month and that this is not the first time that happens.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just a small update.

The biological father says that he has not any birth certificate that shows that the girl is 20 years old as the police have said. He said that someone that presented himself as a police officer asked him for a birth certificate that showed her as being an adult, and he said that he did not had such document because it does not exist.

He was taken to the police station where they told him to sign a paper; as he does not know how to read and write he just put his fingerprint on the paper.

It was also know that the case was reported, as all detentions must be, to a judge at least 15 days after the arrest. The court has announced that the judge (another woman) will not make any comments about the case.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KarmaGurl
There is no excuse for that sort of behavior.

Correct.

People seem to be missing my point - it was possible for those jailers to have put a women into a situation that they would not normally do.

My belief is that this girl was exploited in some way, and that the charge of theivery was fraudulent.

To an extent, you could say that i believe that a totally innocent person has been physically placed into one of the worst nightmares imaginable.

The report stated that there has been up to THREE SEPERATE CASES of this happening - it strikes me as some sick and twisted individual's preferred method of controlling people through fear.

And KarmaGurl, while i agree that this is inexcusable, i don't think your idea of 'punishment' is anything close to the horrors i would like to visit upon these 'jailers'.

This whole disgusting defilement of humanity is something i would expect to have happened in medieval times, not the 21st century.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by Throbber]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Usualy, I avoid stating opinions based on feelings, but my feeling after reading the various news articles, is that maybe the police-woman knew the girl and this was some kind of personal revenge backed-up by the other police officers.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
After reading this story, I wondered what could possibly prevoke an action such as the police had done in Brazil, so I checkecked out some of there stipulations of Articles thru the agenda of the Magne Carta. There is really no excuse for what happened to this poor girl, and that is a human compassion response, but for the series of event's that had taken place for that poor girl, well, let me put it this way "She's got to get a decent lawyer and present the finding's that I have came up with, including the representation for her father being verbally threatened of physical harm!!!!"
There are laws in position to defend her and acknowledge that the State is at fault and should be held accountable for thier wrong doings......

Killings, torture and abuse of prisoners in Brasil
'All persons deprived of their liberty shall be treated with humanity and with respect for the inherent dignity of the human person.'
Article 10, International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights

Pretty sad when a country doesn't honor thier own laws of the so-be-it constitution......

Source:

web.amnesty.org...

Great thread and one of utmost importance for the significance of the female gender for the rest of the world to know about!!!

top topics

join