It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How could Jesus die for my sins, when I wasn't even born during his time?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Because souls are eternal until made otherwise by the Creator.

This is tricky, because God always liked it when the best animal was chosen for the sacrifice to him by the Jews, pre-Christ.

So if the people deliver up one man to be sacrificed to God, would they not choose the best man? Jesus, obviously. He talked about the Kingdom so why should his killers care, they said to themselves "if he is Messiah he will free himself before death" and "if his God is real and so is his heaven, then he will go there and be better off anyways" to themselves.

If you think about it, it was really the final sacrifice of the "old jews" who became the "new jews", which are christians. this is just my talk, not facts and not properly stated..

and the sacrifice became the eucharist, this way it was symbolism, in the roman churches.

[edit on 11/27/2007 by runetang]

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Being good is all I used to try to do. "Be a good person." However at some point you'll realize that you can't be perfect, that's why you need help from God by His Son, Jeshua.

I'm glad that you found a path that works for you hun, but not all of us need to believe in your God and the concept of Jesus to be a good person and understand that we are not perfect. I don't feel that I need that. I have common sense for that.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I'm glad that you found a path that works for you hun, but not all of us need to believe in your God and the concept of Jesus to be a good person and understand that we are not perfect. I don't feel that I need that. I have common sense for that.

Can one be called a farmer without working the field?
Are there those, that work the field and do not call themselves farmers?

All around us are acts of heroism and goodness that are good in the eyes of God and they do not call themselves Christians. They do this for goodness is written on their hearts.

For those that are called or who have come to Christ, acts are part of following Christ. For who can follow Christ without doing good for ones fellow man.

In serving your fellow man, you honor Christ, and in honoring Christ, you serve the Father.

“You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.” This is the greatest and first commandment. And a second is like it. “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Peace

[edit on 28-11-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
John 15:16

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit--fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

John6:44

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him, and I will raise him up at the last day.

Titus 3:5

Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Romans 9

16It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

Now, I understand what these verse means. We don't choose God, He chose us. One doesn't decide to be a Christian because he heard this and that and got convinced. To be a Christian is to be chosen. Not because Christians are better than anyone else, for all are sinners, theres no difference. God is no respecter of any person. He choses according to His mercies. Christians are to bear fruit and to be a witness to the whole world and to be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good.

I think no matter how much you convince a non Christian until you are red in the face, it just won't work. For this verse also says:

Romans 87-8 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

As Christians, we do get affected and slighted whenever we read some opinions, but I don't think that should bother us at all. We are here to share the gospel, to share what the Bible is all about , to share God's goodness and to do good, for that is our devotion. For everything is for God's glory.

For Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do."
"Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, pray for those who spitefully use you."

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

There are many religions out there, not just Christianity, and they all claim to be "the one" and it is impossible for any of us to know 100% which one is "the one" or whether any of them true at all. So yes I have a problem when people tell me what I need to follow or believe in, when there is no way for anyone to know 100% if it is the correct way or not.

I believe in God, I am just not a Christian. I believe Jesus existed and I believe he was a great teacher and philosopher, I just don't believe that he was the begotten son of God. I have respect for those who do choose to believe that as that is the path they have chosen. But I do not have to choose the same path. I have found enlightenment without believing that Jesus died for my sins and I do not feel lost or any of that sort of negativity in my life that people claim they were saved from only accepting Jesus as their saviour.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Romans 10 (NIV)

4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
For those that are called or who have come to Christ, acts are part of following Christ. For who can follow Christ without doing good for ones fellow man.

I do not follow anyone, Be a leader not a follower.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Everyone is born in the time of Jesus. Yesteryear, today, and tomorrow.

Jesus said.." "I am the Way, the Truth, the Life. The doctrine which I teach is that which I am. I am It and It is I."

In another place, he says..." When Abraham was..I am".

To understand the ressurection, understand that we are mortal, and imperfect. Because we are not perfect, we die.
Jesus Died perfect and rose from the dead as testimony that death has no hold on him on us.

In doing so he conquered death and took us under our wing. It is through him that we are promised salvation and eternal life.

Jesus is the ressurection and the life. Those who believe in him, and follow will live a new life.

Peace

[edit on 8-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
I do not follow anyone, Be a leader not a follower.

What are you leading?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join