It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS becoming Increasingly Anti-Christian?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh, and I don't really have a problem with Christianity discussions on this forum. What I do have a problem with is the bible thumpers that regurgitate bible text in every forum and every topic, and threaten us with the wrath of their "loving" God.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I was never in Rome and frankly it was Christianity that plummeted Europe into the dark ages,

Really? And here I thought it was the destruction of Roman rule by the so-called barbarians. Wow......the history you think you know. In actuality it was the Church, despite it's many wrongs, that kept LIGHT in the Dark Ages. Jeez.....get some honest education.

[edit on 23/11/07 by Camar]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Camar

The church relied on and for a time promoted ignorance so there would be no questioning of its authority. It persecuted non-believers and for a while it converted by the sword. It was that, or die.

Religion fought questioning and scientific discovery. It refused to allow dissemination of the theory that the earth revolved around the sun, for that countered what they wanted people to believe.

Religion, even now, has adherents who refute the best scientific knowledge about evolution and the age of the planet.

Lazy thinkers will fall back on religion as an excuse for their mental sloth. Without their religion, they would just be lazy, but religion gives them an importance of sorts, thinking that god is somehow on their side.

THese people will fight about a stem cell, and would rather it be discarded in the trash than employed to save a life.

Some fools actually were so regretting that Terri Schiavo was allowed to meet her creator by the courts, despite the fact that at least half her brain was eaten away.

This is the kind of mind we are dealing with.

In history it is often the civilizations that cannot adapt, the ones that stay stuck in the mire of false beliefs of the past, that fold and fail. Religion often seems the force, these days, that holds back progress - and this at a time when other nations are becoming more and more competitive with us.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm a Christian ... my problem is the hypocrisy of so many "christians" ... family I work for is a perfect example of a Southern Baptist family! They sicken me! One of the sons cussed me out more than once ... real nice man. Told me that he was a Christian too, but this was business! Oh, but these folks give a lot of money to that church ... their key to heaven! Ever see a hearse with a u-haul?

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This attitude, even in this thread alone (among other threads and opinions) is one of the reasons I left ATS a long time ago. This is my first post since early 2005. I still get the newsletter, which is the only reason I found this thread. And I still read sometimes. But to be honest, I felt minimized and repudiated simply for being a Christian, even when I didn't post. I've long wanted to speak my mind about why I left, but even now I can see that it's not important because of what I believe. Thanks guys.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NellahB
I'm a Christian ... my problem is the hypocrisy of so many "christians" ... family I work for is a perfect example of a Southern Baptist family! They sicken me! One of the sons cussed me out more than once ... real nice man. Told me that he was a Christian too, but this was business! Oh, but these folks give a lot of money to that church ... their key to heaven! Ever see a hearse with a u-haul?

The biggest Christian hypocrites without a doubt is that famous "God hates f*gs" family. It's nice to see they're following God's teachings.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
GeeGee, yeah, the "Westboro Baptist" church.. They say "God hates America," as well.. I think it may be a good idea for them to find somewhere else to reside, judging by this video...

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ishari

Honestly, ishari, just because your views are not accepted with open arms is no reason to leave. There are those here who disagree with me and even view me, I am sure,as having an "elitist" attitude. That doesn't deter me from posting what I believe to be true.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ishari

Well, if you're gonna paint with a wide brush, I will too: All christians are babies.

Of course that's not what I actually believe, and you aren't even gonna be around to read it. We won't beg you to enlighten us with your presence.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Until a god can be proven, I believe it shall. Faith is not enough without proof and ATS needs proof to believe such a hidden, obscure and absentee notion.

I am to blame for this as well. I started that thread about proving that god is real and I failed to use logic as stated. I admit I failed to prove god is real. but like you, I believe one day God will be proven to be real. there has to be a scientist out there with the guts to look it up without being terrorized. the problem is that most of them are afraid to talk about god, or even get started on a project dealing with god. the scientific community looks down on people who believe in him and label them as nuts.

and yes, I am at fault for ATS being so anti christian. They will fight, but you know good always beats evil.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I believe one day God will be proven to be real. there has to be a scientist out there with the guts to look it up without being terrorized.

this is a stupid question. there isn't a single scientist that is being "terrorized" for such attempts.

the problem is that most of them are afraid to talk about god, or even get started on a project dealing with god. the scientific community looks down on people who believe in him and label them as nuts.

really? about 30% of the scientific community is theistic... though at the higher levels it's more like 5-10%.......
anyway, they don't
that's a baseless accusation

i'm actually starting to see a pattern of baseless statements from you

and yes, I am at fault for ATS being so anti christian. They will fight, but you know good always beats evil.

i love that you assume you're on the side of good here
...or that this is a conflict between and evil.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
this is a stupid question. there isn't a single scientist that is being "terrorized" for such attempts.

Ok then, so if one day a scientist comes out and proves that god is real will you accept him? using a theory or some mathematical formula. will you then believe in god? the point is, that no one will have the cojones enough to do it, so makes me want to become one just to prove a point. and this is a war between the Anti-christians and the christians. can't you see that one side is evil and the other is good? if not, then you don't get the point of the thread and should ask the OP.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
this is a war between the Anti-christians and the christians. can't you see that one side is evil and the other is good?

Well, if ATS is becoming anti-Christian it's because of violent, religious extremist hate spewing such as that.

I'm all for freedom of speech, but when you cross the line between stating your opinion and declaring a war against people with different beliefs than you, then yes, there is a good side and an evil side - but you're probably not on the side you think you're on.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
oh my God.

for the sake of reason, go educate yourself. there is no hell and heaven. these places are just the creation of the religious system to tie your fate to a place that makes you feel good or bad. to have a "choice": us or hell. heaven and hell are just some humble state of mind of the religious people who discarded knowledge and wisdom.

we ate the fruits of knowledge, when on heavens sake, we will live to it. it is the our best weapon against the Snake, because it is his weapon.

lets shape our spirit and rise up against the harvest. my soul shell not be the fruit of any, nor yehova or devil, even if i might be a creation of the 2.

i want to be free!!!!

i still will respect these 2, but i want to go to find my own way!
i want peace between god and the fallen angels!
i dont want to be "reason" for war!
i dont want to be ripped apart!
i want to be one united, an echilibrum, a path to shape the paths of the high ones!

i sad this before:
if One could control time,.. well.. you might be created yesterday and you wont realize it until you met your creator.
and we debate darwin and creation?
that is the most stupid thing, an absolute waste of time, for the One can create a past ie. evidence of evolution.

the system is our enemy. is the modern version of comunism.
our individual wisdom is blocked, but not for long.

we will rule and create our own world some day, for creators we are, it is our destiny, it is the true reason of our creation.

open your eyes!

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by encoder
oh my God.

for the sake of reason, go educate yourself. there is no hell and heaven. these places are just the creation of the religious system to tie your fate to a place that makes you feel good or bad.

I never said I was religious. why do people continue to throw the religious card? can't you understand? I believe in GOD and there's absolutely nothing religious about it. I don't do the things religious people do, it's insulting for people to continue to call me religious only because I say I believe in god. have I ever said I speak in tongues? or pray and go to church every sunday? or that I give money? NO!

I am not a religious follower! I believe in GOD because I've seen heaven, in an Out of body experience. not because some religious system told me so. I wish to clear that up. I am educated, and I see some people here have become anti christians based on their religious hate. Some bad experience they had with church..and in that, they take it out on GOD and his reality. Please don't let a group of people decide what you believe, that's not the way of god. So we, the christians, ask for more respect in the future. thank you.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

what higher respect you need for me to give you?
you discard systems, yet you still believe.
you have my blessing,.. whatever matters to you... but you are wordy for it.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Being religious or not religious has nothing to do with whether you follow a defined "church" or partake in certain rituals.

If you have a belief in a higher power, you have a religion. If you have a religion, you are religious.

When you say you believe in God but you aren't religious because you don't go to church, it's kind of like chomping down on a cheeseburger and saying you aren't a cheeseburger eater because you don't get them from McDonald's.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Mattifkation, wrong!!! Religion is the practice of doing something repetitively!!

[edit on 26-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Uh. No, I'm positive that I'm right on this one. Get a dictionary, look it up.

posted on Nov, 26 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Everyone here seems to genrealize too much based on their locally known christians. If any of you have forgotten, the religion has been cracked into so many different sects that generalizing them all is simply ignorant.

Middle ages were kept alive by the church. this is what i read just now, and it is a true statement. You see, it was the Russian-Germanic-Mongolian barbarians that plummeted Europe into a complete failure. it was not the church who made the emperors fat and lazy. They were that way long before Christianity ever came to Europe. And it is my argument that Christianity is the very thing that kept Europe somewhat civilized. Don't patronize me though. Because if Islam had been were Christianity was, it'd do the same. Religion has a tendency to keep the best in people alive. Christianity was just at the right place at the right time.

And I personally laugh at the argument that it's all the church's fault for all of Europe's woes in those times. t was a corrupt organization until the Protestants came around. The people were the only real Christians. The church was a bastard organization built on lies and bull# until it all came toppling down and fixed itself in the 1500s.

And to those who say Jesus never was, look at my post a while back. There are heretical organizations completely unaffected by European woes that were founded but only 20 years after Jesus. I suppose the 20 or so witnesses to him in India simply lied about it for no reason. they got no money out of it, they got no reward from it. Why lie then?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join