It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity about theories regarding "Pangea"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Aaaah, the continents which are cooled rock float on molten rock. The heat causes eddies and movement -which is easy to measure.

Seeds sprout using the stored energy then utilize outside water and materials to grow using the energy of the sun. Are you suggesting the earth is alive? Again the seed doesn't expand, it converts it materials using other resources and the energy of the sun to transform itself into a plant.

You've gotta come up with a way to add trillions of tons of mass to the planet or evoke the magic abilities of a god.

New laws of physics or a god

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
In this next video it shows how silly the pangea idea really is.

what is really cool is that this method can be applied to other planets in the solar system.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ah Ivanzana

Making a claims then not answering questions about them is not how a discussion board actually works.

It's very nice that you personally don't like the theory. Regretably your personal incredulity is meaningless unless you can back up your opinion with facts. Using other people's video to (I thought you were a fan of independent thought and research?)

To put it in a more amusing way, I'm personally incredulous of your personal incredulousity.

We await YOUR evidence proving that the theory is invalid, not just pointing to someone elses videos.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

The true skeletal structure of our planet is not known. No one has seen it. There's no x-ray machine strong enough to penetrate to the core. We can only theorize against observable measurements or events.

1. The compass
2. The aurora borealis
3. Sun flares knocking out our power grids.

These three things proved the earth is one giant AC Transformer. How that transformer looks like on the inside is anyones guess. I feel there are many surprises to its construction.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by lostinspace]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Howdy Lostinspace

A lot isn't know but then a great deal is. They also use magnetic waves, earthquakes shocke waves and other methods to determine what the core of the planet may or may not look like. So far their models seem to accurately be able to model what is observed.

You might want to ask this quesiton on a geologist site. They could give you a more detailed reponse.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
Ah Ivanzana

You are hoping that all the evidence that supports expanding earth and destroys the pangea theory can be debunked on my answers or a video.

The videos are for members and readers of ATS to learn about alternative views and theories from scholars and geologists. Like I said before, you hold a belief system that is very 1960's.

Just becuase there i no evidence of a murder does not mean the murder did not occur

[edit on 22-11-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
From the little I know of the beginning of Earth history, it was a very geologically violent place, with very little in the way of water oceans, and conversely "continents".

That is, in that first 95 percent of Earth history, Earth was still "forming".

Pangea was simply the first actual land mass ("continent") surrounded by actual water ("ocean")

[edit on 11/22/2008 by prototism]

[edit on 11/22/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

There are many video regarding this topic here at this link www.nealadams.com...

What is so convincing is that this model can be applied to any planet in the solar system and pangea cannot.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

God makes it grow. and we label it with actions in wording to describe a movement

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Pangea is not a non believers way, It is as much a believer way as a non believers way to believing something. It is with words. And what is trying to be described as god does not need to be formally addressed with words to describe it. Life was given. Life has to be taken to survive. No human or animal or plant descriptions need apply. Life is all that needs to matter here. Earth is life. Growth and something even if it is labeled nothing is something. Because it is there even if it can not be seen. The unknown is this. We all have alot to learn. Woot fun

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
There are many video regarding this topic here at this link www.nealadams.com...

What is so convincing is that this model can be applied to any planet in the solar system and pangea cannot.

Actually, it doesn't fit the Earth model in any way, and can't be applied to any planet in the solar system. The plate tectonic model isn't applicable to bodies like the moon, but other places in the solar system show evidence of tectonic plates.

The Neal Adams model doesn't explain the geology that we see today. With his model, there is no explanation of why we see new mountains and old mountains (his doesn't have a mechanism for making mountains) or why earthquakes appear in only selected areas, or the fault lines, or how Texas got covered with limestone and fish fossils when I'm pretty sure we're not hip deep in water and fishes right now.

If there was a steady expansion, things would be stretched apart (and doesn't explain why we see some areas of the world moving closer together) and if they're stretched apart, nothing is being pushed upward to form what's known in geology as synclines and anticlines.

A correct model will explain those.

Adams is a wonderful artist, but I'm afraid he slept through some science courses.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Look at your hand and bend your fingers, now straighten them out and watch the skin around your knuckles and joints, see those bumps? Mountains.

If the earth was smaller and was covered in dry mud and then it expanded, what was round would have to be made flat creating wrinkles and or mountains.

Everything in the universe is expanding or expanded at one point.

Where did i read that the earth was struck by a moon sized object millions and millions of years ago. Earth and this object merged. The crust of the earth was shattered. The earth grew in size at the fracture zones. Water rushed in creating explosions far greater than atomic weapons, thrusting land and water into the air. As the magma came to the ocean floor it solidified and pushed apart the lands. Discovery channel mabey?>

To say that nothing is growing in the universe is to say at the moment of the 'big bang' all planets were the exact size they are today.

[edit on 23-11-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed."
...... Ya you heard me."

If that is so. then jesus knew that nothing was everything that you failed to find in knowledge. And as we know from the label. Nothing is something... so there is always something failed in knowing. No one is all that smart eh...just a bunch of wisher err washer's

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
My failure in seeing what i said until after i said it.. is no less doing what has been done and wishing it was not done... as with what someone might of thought of what was done to jesus.... in hindsight.. sight might be 20/20... but knowing that the unchangeable is unchangeable makes it 0/0 when what you wished "20" the unchangeable was brought back to "0". Due to regret . You realise nothing is greater than the something's that has been done.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
Pangea is an absolutely assinine theory. Think about it for about two seconds and you'll get it. they claim that all he continents are nothing but large islands floating around at whims.

Tell me one thing, under all the world's oceans at the very bottom what is there?

That's correct DIRT, EARTH, BASALT now if Africa moved even 10 inches what would happen to the world due to the amount of EARTH that would be moved into the oceans. Can you say 9000 foot waves across the planet with nothing to stop them ever?

Pangea is the non-believers way of trying to think their is no GOD and the Bible is fables. It's so much easier to live a life of lasciviousness when you think you won't be JUDGED for your actions...

My opinion, SCIENTIFICALLY IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Just curious.
What do you think causes earthquakes?

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
What gave me and you the ability to type this out is no less what gave the ability to earth to have earthquakes....

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MEEEEEEEEE
What gave me and you the ability to type this out is no less what gave the ability to earth to have earthquakes....

I'm sorry, but I don't think either my brain or yours causes earthquakes.

So, could you be a bit more specific there?

Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join