It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

squelching squibs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Another false claim the HB's are fond of making in the CD theory is the squib evidence. The squibs are actually air being blown out of the building by the pancake effect of the upper floors coming down.

I guess if the thermite idea was nonsense, there were no blasting caps found, no detonators, no wiring, and no earth shattering sounds of a CD recorded on the live TV feeds, the only thing left to hold onto is the squibs, so I can understand that if you have a conclusion in your mind you are desperate to prove, all you are left with is the video.

Before we go to the video tape, maybe there are quotes of people who were running for their lives out of the building right ? They must have felt the air that was being forced out of the building which made the images that have been confused with being squibs right ?

right

Matt Komorowski: “The first thing I really felt was the incredible rush of air at my back. And maybe I felt it before everybody else, because I was the last guy.”
Stone Phillips: “Like a gust of wind, behind you.”
Matt Komorowski: “Gust of wind. Wind tunnel. It was the most incredible push at your back, that you can feel.”

www.acfd.com...

BILL BUTLER, NEW YORK FIRE DEPARTMENT: We took two steps down from the fourth floor and the building started to shake.

SALVATORE D'AGOSTINO, NEW YORK FIRE DEPARTMENT: You could hear the floors pancaking one on top of the other, huge explosions.

LIM: Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom, and faster as they get closer. What I remember the most was the wind. It created almost like a hurricane-type force and actually pushed one of the firemen right by me.

MIKE MELDRUM, NEW YORK FIRE DEPARTMENT: I was flown down a flight of stairs, a little groggy for a while. I noticed somebody on a half landing just up from me, a few stairs and I thought it was one of our guys and it was David Lim.

another challenge.

please read this link
please look carefully at the south west corner of WTC 7 images.
please read about the 40th floor
please read about squibs normally being on all floors of a real CD.

so if it wasn't thermite, and there are no squibs, no detonators, no blast caps, no wiring, no earth shattering blasts heard from NJ to Queens, what tangible & physical evidence is there of a CD ?

posted on Nov, 17 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so if it wasn't thermite, and there are no squibs, no detonators, no blast caps, no wiring, no earth shattering blasts heard from NJ to Queens, what tangible & physical evidence is there of a CD ?

There is no physical evidence whatsoever, and it's even laughable to me when people shout it "looks" like CD.

All of the eyewitness testimony plus the most damning - video WITH audio that proves beyond any doubt there were no explosions large enough to have brought down the towers is enough for me.

The "squibs" argument is by far a funny one, as you can plainly see the material flowing out and growing larger, not exploding out and getting smaller.

Great post!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'm totally with you on this. The idea that thirty or forty floors below the collapse zone a squib might blow out a window here and there is just so radically stupid that I want to barf out my ears when I hear it. How can people be so dumb?

I used to like being a CT'er but now I realize that it's just so, so lame. It's so Perez Hilton, or that fat Osbourne chick!

One thing puzzles me though. Why are there so many heavy smokers on these floors where the "so-called squibs" blow out. Were these all "designated smoking floors" or something?

The above is just a joke folks. I'm still a CT'er.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sorry I hate CTer's but the above post makes absolutely no #ing sense what so ever.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Given that everything was pulverized when it arrived at ground zero what exactly was doing the compressing? Wouldn't debris have been blowing out equally in all directions at the same points below the collapse as the compression wave descended? Why quote people talking about 'the wind' and ignore people (like the NYFD) that talk about explosions?

The squibs we see in videos are from conventional CD. These folks have no need to disguise their activities. They've largely gutted the buildings ahead of time anyway. Clearly, IF this was CD, it was done clandestinely and with unconventional materials (e.g., thermate). It had to be done in a way to make it look like CD as little as possible? What combination of materials was used? How would it have been emplaced and triggered? Who knows. No CD company has access to the kinds of stuff the DOD does. So your proposition that it would HAVE to look just like commercial CD is flawed. Virtually everyone who at least entertains that possibility believes the methods were unconventional (probably military). And pulverized or not, ANY falling mass will create a compression wave as it falls. The problem with the floor-trusses-failed-floor-pans-pancaked theory is there IS no pancake. Dust. No central columns either. If the falling floors did all this work (i.e., utterly destroy the central columns and pulverize 110 floors and contents) where did all that energy come from? Certainly not the upper floors' potential energy given their rate of descent. Something is missing here.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
please read about squibs normally being on all floors of a real CD.

What "normally" happens is completely irrelevant. I hate it when people try to say CDs would have been impossible, because a conventional CD like you see on TV doesn't fit it. That's worse than saying the towers were CDs because they looked like them. You go a step further and compare the towers to a straw-man you've made, that no one else here has suggested (or at least no one I can think of).

I guess the implication here is that air was being pushed down the towers. I ask, how? Think about this seriously. The ejections were coming from many floors below the collapsing floors. If one floor falls and pushes air down, the floor below it is still going to prevent the air from going down any further until it is destroyed itself. Agreed?

The only air shafts that spanned ranges of floors were in the core structure, and if the air were coming from there (pressurized air, remember), then it would have to go all the way out through the offices and out of the exterior without decompressing to a flow broader than a single window. Is the air intelligent now?

And all that aside, when the floors were "collapsing," even large sections of steel columns were being hurled outwards at the collapse zone. Air is not going to become entrapped and greatly pressurized in such conditions, when basically the roof of each floor is being ripped apart and exposed to the open atmosphere outside.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NegativeBeef

Here's an explanation of it.

The first part is all jokey nonsense. Just for fun.

The last section is also jokey but questions the notion that the "compressed air" which is breaking the windows, in the OP's estimation, is also smokey, so many floors below the collapse zone.

I don't think that compression of the air, by itself is sufficient to account for the infusion of smoke/dust, whatever, so far below the collapse zone.

Detonations on those levels supplies a more reasonable explanation. Clear now?

PS: I'm sorry you hate CT'ers. Everybody hates something. I hate soggy sandwiches myself.

[edit on 19-11-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
syrinx high priest failed to proove this compressed air bit on another thread, so we just start the same old same old on another one...
Remember path of least reisistance, intact structure/ debris field?

[edit on 19-11-2007 by twitchy]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
syrinx high priest failed to proove this compressed air bit on another thread, so we just start the same old same old on another one...
Remember path of least reisistance, intact structure/ debris field?

[edit on 19-11-2007 by twitchy]

I remember that. I guess getting owned in that thread wasnt enough, and a thread was needed to underline the whole thing again.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I think Gordon Ross the UK Engineer nailed it in his video
the reason why the squibs were on the floors they were on.
Since he explained it, it makes perfect sense. I don't have
the link but just do a search for the video of Gordon Ross WTC
and you should find it.

He explains that the steel core columns were 3 stories high/long
therefore in order to break them. They charges were only
placed in the welded joints which were every 3 floors.
Take a look at the video as he got a copy of the blueprints
and did the analysis himself. The squibs were every 3 floors
which is exactly where the columns were welded by the
blueprints. That is where you would want to plant your
charges if you were trying to bring it down

new topics

top topics

join