It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If someone put a gun to my head and said pick one, I'd have to go with home field advantage. That's the only edge I can see. This is assuming the zebras let them play and not make rules up as they go, like they've been doing this year.

Thank god it's on Thurs. I'll get to see it.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I'll get to see it.

You got the NFL Network, right?

Lots of people that have cable have been complaining because they don't have it and can't see it.

I'm ok because I have the NFL Network, but I can see how those people would be upset. It really should be on FOX instead.

[edit on 11/23/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm putting my superstitions to rest and hauling out an avatar.

I'll kick myself in the ass for it next week, if need be.

Stay tuned...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm in Canada and have Sunday Ticket. I get all of the games. For some reason I thought my Niners were going to do something this year.
The problem comes when they are the late games on Sunday(4pm on), I work.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I can't remember the last time I had a background that wasn't white or black.

Let's Go Packers!

(If this avatar is removed in the immediate future, my superstitions got the best of me)

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

(If this avatar is removed in the immediate future, my superstitions got the best of me)

Hopefully it'll get removed when you get my u2u. No pressure though.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Green Bay has a more consistent defense, better QB, and better receivers.

I'm about to choke...

You have got to be kidding me. Granted, Favre may be a bit better only because of his experience but where in the hell do you get the idea GB has better receivers...
Witten, Creighton, Hurd, not to mention number 81... Yeah, you know who I'm talking about... Somebody must have knocked you upside the head for you to make a comment like that...:shk:

[edit on 23-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Patrick Crayton is hurt, and is inconsistent when he's in there. Maybe I just don't know Dallas receivers all that well.

Actually, in my opinion,. Creighton is the best receiver Dallas has... Owens is good, but I just don't know how reliable he'll be in the long run.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Favre may be a bit better only because of his experience

HAHAHA

A "bit better" only because of experience.

Please... :shk:

There's homer bias, but it has it's limits. With that statement, you're pushing that limit, if not completely passing it.

Get back to me when Romo finishes one full year first.

but where in the hell do you get the idea GB has better receivers

Common sense.

And stats:

Dallas #1 WR vs Green Bay #1 WR:

Owens: 1,093 yards - 13 TD
Driver: 832 yards - 2 TD

Dallas #2 WR vs Green Bay #2 WR:

Crayton: 482 yards - 5 TD
Jennings: 625 yards - 9 TD

Dallas #3 WR vs Green Bay #3 WR:

Hurd: 177 yards - 1 TD
Jones: 594 yards - 2 TD

Dallas #4 WR vs Green Bay #4 WR:

Austin: 30 yards - 0 TD
Martin: 173 yards - 3 TD

Dallas #5 WR vs Green Bay #5 WR:

Stanback: 0 yards - 0 TD
Robinson: 113 yards - 0 TD

Dallas #1 TE vs Green Bay #1 TE:

Witten: 750 yards - 6 TD
Lee: 468 yards - 4 TD

Now, as I said earlier, Owens is better than Driver. Witten is better than Lee. I've already admitted that.

But the rest of that wide receiving core? You actually think Dallas is better? I think not. It's not even close.

Somebody must have knocked you upside the head for you to make a comment like that...:shk:

Nah, I just looked at the stats.

I also took in to consideration their presence on the field. Owens is enough to free the other receivers. Green Bay doesn't have an Owens. They just have five guys that can catch. Jennings and Driver would be the #1 receiver on a lot of teams. James Jones would be a #2 on a lot of teams. Martin and Robinson have #2 capability on a few teams, and definite #3 talent. Yet they're #4 and #5 on Green Bay.

Dallas has a better #1 and a better starting tight end, but that's as far as it goes in the receiver category.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah, we'll see Thursday... :shk: Look, I am not denying Green Bay is good... Better than Dallas? They're going to have to prove that to me. I don't see it. Sorry. As far as Romo goes, come and talk to me in five years. He'll be recognized as one of the best.. Notice I didn't say "The Best," I said one of them..

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

You just have to understand my frustration to know why I continue to debate you on this.

All over the pre-game shows and highlights, it's Dallas Dallas Dallas.

Is Dallas one of the top teams in the NFC and league? Yes.

But what the hell have they done that Green Bay hasn't done this year? What sets them apart? What gives Dallas the edge?

Is there any glaring hole in Green Bay that Dallas definitely can expose? Is there anything that makes Dallas a lock over Green Bay? No, there isn't.

There isn't anything Green Bay has done that sets them apart from Dallas either. There isn't any glaring hole in Dallas that Green Bay can exploit and be a lock to win.

But I'm wondering - why Dallas? Why not both? They admit Green Bay is good, but it's just this constant blabbering about Dallas. I don't care who "America's Team" is. That title isn't a tie breaker. It's not going to be the deciding factor. So for these people to just pile on Dallas when Green Bay has been every bit as good as Dallas has is just frustrating.

In the end, it doesn't matter what the media says, and people pretend like they don't care what they say, but we all continue to listen to it and we all continue to get frustrated by it regardless.

That's why I'm frustrated with it. It doesn't matter who "America's Team" is. All that matters is what happens out there on the field. And so long as both of them bring their A game, what happens on the field won't be decided until the very end.

Hopefully this homefield America's Team bs doesn't seep in to the minds of the referees. :shk:

EDIT:

As far as Romo goes, come and talk to me in five years. He'll be recognized as one of the best.

I remember a couple years back an Eagles fan I knew said in a few years McNabb would be known as one of the best ever.

Also a couple years ago a Bears fan I knew said in a few years Rex Grossman would be known as one of the best in the league.

I'm not saying Romo is the same, but don't put all your eggs in his basket because of a good 11 games.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Romo is already breaking records in Dallas. Is that saying something? I'd say yeah it is. Does he take more chances than I'd like? Certainly... But that's his style.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Novus, I understand. I think a lot of it stems from the fact that Dallas hasn't had anything to brag on for about ten years or so. To be honest, I really don't see much difference between Dallas and Green Bay. The only two real advantages that Dallas has, over Green Bay, in my opininion, is experience (maybe) and home field. Other than that, the two teams are comparable.

Firstly, I never thought Mcnabb was very good and Grosmann, pfft, he never showed me anything. Romo is awesome in my opinion.. However, we'll see how he progresses.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Injury Report

Apparently the tests on KGB came back negative. He twisted his leg in a pile on Thursday, but according to the DT coach, he's a flexible guy and that helped him out in avoiding a long term serious injury. They don't know yet if he'll play.

Charles Woodson has a lot of swelling on his big toe. He injured it on a punt return. Apparently it's not being treated as "turf toe", so I guess that's some good news. Until the swelling goes down, they won't know his status for the Dallas game.

Aaron Rouse sprained his knee. He said it wasn't serious, but he didn't return against Detroit. Nick Collins may be available for Dallas if Rouse can't go.

Bubba Franks and Will Blackmon are close to returning. No huge losses here though.

Colin Cole will be out with a broken arm. He may be done for a little while. Johnny Jolly still has a shoulder injury and may be out for the game against Dallas.

Mark Tauscher, Tracy White, and Ryan Pickett aggravated injuries they already had. Tauscher and White have ankle injuries and Pickett has a knee injury. Tauscher and White were probable before the Detroit game with their injuries, so I'd imagine they'll be good enough to play if absolutely needed.

Donald Driver suffered a non-serious ankle injury. He had come back in the Detroit game after injuring his ankle, so I'm sure he'll play. No official word on it yet, though.

Overall, the only player that is definitely out is Colin Cole with that broken arm. All the rest either appear to be good enough to go if needed, or undecided.

Injury Report

[edit on 11/24/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Have you guys ever been to these fan sites?

Bears Fan Site
Lions Fan Site
Vikings Fan Site

Funny stuff.

The Vikings site forum is the most entertaining.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Injury Update

As of November 26th, it appears Mark Tauscher and Charles Woodson will play. Tauscher is the most likely to play of all the injured players, and Woodson's swelling in the toe has gone down. If Woodson plays, he won't be returning punts. Tramon Williams and Will Blackmon have been working on punt/kick returns in practice.

Aaron Rouse is "iffy". Johnny Jolly has a shoulder injury and will be out against Dallas. KGB will most likely be a game time decision.

Colin Cole went on I.R.

Bubba Franks, Will Blackmon, and Nick Collins all practiced. I'm sure if Rouse can't go, Collins will be good enough to go. So we should be fine there.

If KGB can't go, we still have Jenkins. So we should be all set there too.

That's about it. Nothing too serious.

Barring bad officiating, it looks like we're back on track for an even match up.

[edit on 11/28/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Man, I am fidgety waiting for this Cowboy game to roll around. The match-up makes me very nervous due to the injuries. I worry about Romo's ability to throw on the run, and the fact that Witten is an excellent tight end. Tight ends have brutalized the Packers, though they have won every game they have given up a lot of yardage to that position except the Bears game, and that was the offense's fault.

I'm having visions of the Packers' D line ALMOST getting to Romo and seeing him barely get away and make plays. Like McNabb and Culpepper always used to do. I do think the Pack will hold up well against the running game. Whoever wins, is going to win it through the air. Not that that's an out on the limb prediction considering how these two teams whip the ball around.

I really wish this game was in Green Bay. It is nice and chilly here in WI.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musky

I really wish this game was in Green Bay. It is nice and chilly here in WI.

And I and the Cowboys are so happy it isn't.
Dallas can play in the cold but there is a curse on them when it comes to playing at Lambeau field. :shk:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
That this game could be instrumental in establishing the home field in the playoffs cannot be underestimated here.

BOTH teams hate playing in the other's house. When Dallas was winning Super Bowls and the Pack were on the come, the Packers had to play in Dallas I think EIGHT times in a row between the regular season and the playoffs. It's a least six times in a row.

They lost every one. I hope tomorrow shows time changes things.

It should be a great game. I'm deciding what to cook. I always make comfort food for Packers' games. I think it's going to be chili.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here's my prediction about key players this game:

Owens will have an average game. I say something like 80 yards and a TD.

Barber/Jones will combine for about 100 yards rushing and possibly a TD.

Driver won't be very effective. 40-50 yards.

Lee will have an average game. About 75 yards, maybe a TD.

Grant will gain about 80-90 yards.

The KEY players though will be Jason Witten and Greg Jennings. I think they'll both have big games and will be favorites for Romo and Favre.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join