It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Green Bay Packers Fan Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Intrepid, after seeing Dallas defense yesterday, I don't think so..

Settle down, you were playing the Jets..

I stick to my prediction from a few days ago -

Green Bay: 34
Dallas: 28

Favre: 280 yards, 3 TD's, 1 INT
Grant: 80 yards, 1 TD
Jennings: 90 yards, 2 TD's
Defense: 3 sacks, 2 INT's

[edit on 11/23/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'll tell you the truth.. Green Bay just about messed around and lost that Game yesterday...

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I'll tell you the truth.. Green Bay just about messed around and lost that Game yesterday...

Playing on the road in a dome, against a team with a LOT better record than the Jets.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Playing on the road in a dome, against a team with a LOT better record than the Jets.

Like I said, all the talking and conjecture will be over this coming Thursday. Honestly, who has Green Bay beat? Detroit is on a serious decline from where they were at the beginning of the season..

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This is from Green Bay's own team site

Cowboys have edge in Week 13 clash of NFC titans

By Mike Florio - SportingNews

But for the greatest ... game ... ever from earlier this month between New England and Indianapolis, next week's game matching the Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys, with both teams at 10-1, would be the biggest regular-season game since 1990, when the 10-1 New York Giants took on the 10-1 San Francisco 49ers.

Seventeen years ago, San Francisco won that game 7-3, only to lose the rematch in the NFC championship game 15-13.

So who'll prevail in the initial skirmish between this season's 10-1 teams? At the risk of riling up Cheeseheads everywhere, the Cowboys seem to have the edge.

The first, and most obvious, source of comparison is their respective performances against common foes. Through 11 games, there are five that each has played -- the Redskins, Eagles, Giants, Vikings and Bears.

And, generally speaking, the Cowboys have fared better in those games.

Edge: Cowboys

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Cool.

GO NINERS.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Honestly, who has Green Bay beat? Detroit is on a serious decline from where they were at the beginning of the season..

You're kidding, right?

The Jets haven't been on a decline the whole season. They've been too far at the bottom to be on a decline. So acting as if you beat some great team yesterday doesn't give the Cowboys any better a chance this Thursday.

The Lions may be on a decline, but they are BY FAR better than the Jets.

"Who has Green Bay beat?"

Who has Dallas beat?

Buffalo? Miami? New York Jets? St. Louis?

Great teams there.

Favre alone gives Green Bay the advantage in this one.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We shall see..
By the way, the team Green Bay lost to, Dallas humiliated at Soldier's field.. I think that speaks volumes.

[edit on 23-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

You just about made me spew...
I think you know how I feel about the Niners..

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Well if you didn't dislike the Niners you wouldn't be much of a Cowboy's fan would you?

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

And Dallas almost lost to Buffalo. I think that speaks volumes.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
And Dallas almost lost to Buffalo. I think that speaks volumes.

Actually Buffalo has a pretty decent defense. Which makes what NE did to them, well, scary.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

What speaks even more volumes is that is that Dallas was able to turn the ball over, count them, SIX times, and still win the game...
How about that for volumes?

[edit on 23-11-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Anyway, I'll quick hi-jacking your thread.
See ya, Thursday.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Intrepid, yes, New England is scary. I don't really think anyone can beat them when push comes to shove. I hate saying that because I am soooooo tired of hearing and seeing things about the Patriots..

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You say that as if turning the ball over 6 times is a sign of strength...

I mean, if you want to look at the glass half full, then I can see what you're saying. But me, if Green Bay had beaten Chicago after turning it over six times, I'd still be pissed off that they turned it over six times.

I think Green Bay has been much more consistent this year. They haven't been up and down in their games. A few games they started off slow, but for the most part, they've played well all year, aside from the Philly and Chicago games.

Dallas has gotten the benefit of a few bounces here and there and just barely gotten out of games with a win. Not to mention they've played more bad teams than Green Bay has.

Green Bay has a more consistent defense, better QB, and better receivers. Dallas has better running backs and probably a better offensive line.

But when you account the whole team and look at the season thus far, Green Bay is the better team.

I know you don't see it that way, though

See you Thursday

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
OK, from a disinterested 3rd party. Well, not really disinterested but nonbiased.

Green Bay has a more consistent defense

Actually that's pretty even,

better QB

That's a given.

and better receivers.

Nope, Dallas has the better receivers imo.

Dallas has better running backs

Yup.

and probably a better offensive line.

But not by much.

The key here will be the injuries. Will GB get back those key players this week? Woodson and KGB being HUGE. Turnovers will be key and they'll need these guys.

This happens look for a GREAT game.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Nope, Dallas has the better receivers imo.

They have the better star receiver (obviously Owens). But I don't see who is all that scary after that. Terry Glenn is hurt. Patrick Crayton is hurt, and is inconsistent when he's in there. Maybe I just don't know Dallas receivers all that well.

Green Bay has two very consistent deep threats in Donald Driver and Greg Jennings. James Jones is a very consistent receiver also. When they can't get it to those three in their new "Big Five" offense (as they call it), Ruvell Martin and Koren Robinson get open.

I forgot tight end too. Although I like Donald Lee, Dallas easily has the better tight end.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I forgot tight end too. Although I like Donald Lee, Dallas easily has the better tight end.

BINGO, TE's are going to be important in a game like this. As well as receiving out of the backfield.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I agree. Both teams have good defensive backs, so that middle of the field is going to be tested quite often.

I'd say that favors Dallas since they use their tight end more than Green Bay, but Green Bay runs a lot of those slant routes that go through the middle.

So, once again, just another aspect of the game where it gets off set and is even.

It'll be a good game, and no doubt quite frustrating at times.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join