It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Photo's of S.F UFO Seen Last Summer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hello laurenrose, great of you to share some details of the pictures. If possible, could you share the reason for taking three pics of the same area that night? Would also be interested in learning his camera type and settings at the time too?

Dallas

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Donkeyman,

Thanks for your input! You've made some excellent observations about those flashing lights seen on conventional aircraft and much of what you are saying here makes a lot of sense to me.

I also agree with you that it's hard to tell the distance of aircraft in 2 dimensional media but if you look at those photo's again of that object, it really does look to me that it's flying over the bay -- those light reflections of it off the water below seems to support that.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Dallas,
The cam used was a Nikon D-80, a very expensive camera and I'm sure it's got a rather high learning curve so maybe this is why Grant, the photographer, was taking so many photo's with it on his trip to SF.

Nikon D80. 18-135mm VR Nikkor Zoom Lens, purchased two weeks before the trip on a whim, for the trip.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
mmmm...not sure what to think of this one.

I disagree though, I don't think that it is a long exposure.

I agree with previous posts...unless proved otherwise, this looks like an anomolous flying object to me.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Hi there Internos,
I too am not sure of the location of the exact sighting/photograph, however I have found a site that could help in relation to flight paths from the local airports, they include small aircraft and helecopters in their radar. Here is the rub though! I have a clunky old land line comp and it would take me all night to download.
You are reknowned for your speed, so could I impose upon you to have a look at this site, whilst waiting for the answer to the exact location of the photo?

live.airportnetwork.com...

Do the voodoo that you do, so well!
Thanks
H

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
christian... that's refreshing! Some of us here are entertaining the notion that it's really a UFO too.

That's why this thread is still going strong and can't wait to hear what JR has to say about it when he gets the chance to look over those original photo's Lauren sent us!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon

Hi there Internos,
I too am not sure of the location of the exact sighting/photograph, however I have found a site that could help in relation to flight paths from the local airports, they include small aircraft and helecopters in their radar. Here is the rub though! I have a clunky old land line comp and it would take me all night to download.
You are reknowned for your speed, so could I impose upon you to have a look at this site, whilst waiting for the answer to the exact location of the photo?

Thanks
H

Wow! Thanks for the link and I'll wait for internos comments on those paths before calling their Control Tower there.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havalon

Thanks
H

Hi Havalon:
sadly, the tracking is allowed only for the past seven days:

here's a screenshot of today @ 2:01 am.
Maybe i'm missing something?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Thanks Internos, you're still the best!

The green flight plan illustrated could give an indication in relation to the restaraunt (if we knew where it was!!) assuming this is a standard flight path. I am sure they have records dating back if one were to ask.

Now assuming that the height of the anomoly, compared to the climb rate of the departing aircraft using that runway and then in relation to the resteraunt we could be getting closer to solving the puzzle!
H

[edit on 20-11-2007 by Havalon]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well I'm holding off calling the Control Tower because I wouldn't know what they were talking about even if they did dig up the records on what types of crafts were flying over the bay in that area where those photo's were taken.
We need a pilot to call them to ask the right questions on that.

BTW, that restaurant could be across from Treasure Island?

Can Lauren come back on to tell us exactly where Grant and Andy were at when taking those photo's?

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Hi Palasheea,
No rush, any other volunteers with aviation knowledge who could make the call for us?
Thanks again to Internos for the help with the site. It could prove quite useful in the future!!

[edit on 20-11-2007 by Havalon]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I can see that flight path over part of Treasure Island but the object seen in those photo's seems to be flying directly over the bay ... and very low over the bay.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Now that would be excellent!
The date and time of the anomoly are important. Now if someone could 'cut & paste' Internos's photo of the bay, pop it into photoshop and place an 'X' on where the restaraunt is that would be useful I think.

I'm off to sleep now (it's very late down here in NZ)
catch ya tomorra!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hey everyone! Sorry for the long time to reply... we had the location google earthed... let's see...

I'm sorry I'm not computer savvy but I have four images of the bay and pin pointed exact buildings that are in the pictures.

Can I email these to someone to then post them up here? Or I could upload them to phototbucket? I have to get to work right now but when I'm there I will work on getting them here and then you can easily figure out the exact coordinates.

And the series of three starts with the first image of the 'thing' over the land and is moving outwards... in my research it is a no fly zone and there were no airplane paths over the bay that night... but I may have missed something.

Lauren

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by laurenrose
Hey everyone! Sorry for the long time to reply... we had the location google earthed... let's see...

I'm sorry I'm not computer savvy but I have four images of the bay and pin pointed exact buildings that are in the pictures.

Can I email these to someone to then post them up here? Or I could upload them to phototbucket? I have to get to work right now but when I'm there I will work on getting them here and then you can easily figure out the exact coordinates.

And the series of three starts with the first image of the 'thing' over the land and is moving outwards... in my research it is a no fly zone and there were no airplane paths over the bay that night... but I may have missed something.

Lauren

You can email them to me at [email protected]

I'll load them into this thread for you.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thanks! They are sent...

to answer another question about why there were three pics..

in this case you have to understand grant. He got this camera about two weeks before he left for the trip... this is the first change he got to play with it... he left with two big memory cards (not sure of the exact size) and then bought 3 more when he was out there.

His mentality to take all the pics and then sort through them later... he LITERALLY had 100 pictures of ONE butterfly!!! I'm not kidding you!

On this card there are about 5 preceding this series of the same skyline, all completely out of focus, you can notice the water is black... all you can see is light glare... then these three happen which was when grant got frustrated and pressed down the camera on a dock end.

There are about 10 pictures following this series, which he then tried to take a picture of the moon, first four out of focus then the last in focus. Trial and error I guess.

He does not use the LCD viewfinder when taking pics (I never understood why), he uses the point and shoot thing like you would on a normal non digital camera. I don't know if that helps or not.

The pictures have been emailed to someone who can upload them for me. Thanks again!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Thanks Lauren... I'll check my inbox now and will load it here shortly... also thank for that additional information too. It's great that you've been available for us to ask you questions!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by laurenrose

Someone may need to correct me if I am wrong (been a while since my Air Force days) but there are no "no fly" zones in San Francisco or Oakland to my knowledge. There are plenty of "restricted" air spaces which are reserved for military activity though. When someone says "no fly" zone it leaves the impression that no flights are allowed in a specific area as imposed by a high authority. There used to be a "no fly" zone in Pre-War Iraq, but the coalition forces flew in it everyday.

Washington DC is not a "no fly" zone nor is Area 51, but it is a highly restricted or prohibited special use airspace, and many aircraft do fly within its boundaries with special permissions of course as could be the case here as well, if it is indeed shown as restricted airspace.

As usual though I allow myself to stand corrected if necessary.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Below are the images of the bay that pin points where Grant was when taking those photo's. Lauren also sent me this message about these images:

Just one note I just noticed

The line of in Bay 2 is a little off (grant drew that line)

because if you notice in bay 3, you can see the thing with the point,
it
is white in this pic that is spotted in the series of three pics, and
this is a bit to the right more than the line of sight indicates. Does

that make sense? Lol

Thanks again for all that you are doing regarding these pics.
Lauren

I'm just on my way out but when I get back, I will comment on them. Thanks Lauren for sending them to us! Now we know exactly where those photo's were taken!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I wanted t tell everyone interested that Lauren did email me the original image yesterday and I sent it off to JRitzmann. Being a holiday week here in the U.S. it may be a few days before Jeff can look over it properly and I am flying home spend some time with my family (Mom and Brother, Sisters and their families) today.

Patience is appreciated and the minute Jeff gets this analyzed I'm confident he'll post here.

Springer...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join