It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Photo's of S.F UFO Seen Last Summer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Check out this news site!
www.wben.com...
It shows photographs of a UFO seen over S.F back in July of this year and the images are STUNNING!

Below is a section of an interview of the person who captured those photo's seen on the above link and it's amazing that considering the size and how clear the UFO is seen in those photo's, he didn't see anything up there at the time when he took them!

An Interview with The Photographer

TB: Did you see anything at the time the shots were taken, or did you only see them when you looked at the shots later?

I noticed nothing that I thought was abnormal. I did, however, take note of very strong winds. Keep in mind I had just driven straight across the country for 3 days from Amherst, NY. So nothing would have seemed too out-of-the ordinary. I only noticed the objects in the pictures upon reviewing my 2,000 or so photographs from the trip at work one week and several days later. The lighting that can be seen on the water, was certainly not visible to me at my time on the dock. I was peering out over the water, shooting direct shots of the landscape just beyond the water. I was basically staring at the water during the time I took these shots. None of the objects or lights in the picture were visible to me. Nothing was of any alarm.

TB: Was there any noise?

Any noise would have been obscured by wind. We were on the bay and it was a very windy night.

TB: How close was it?

I knew of no object at time the photographs were taken.

--------------------------------
replaced quote with 'ex' tags for external material

[edit on 15/11/07 by masqua]

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Looks pretty genuine to me. If this was photoshopped, it sure's a damn good job!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Looks to me like a time exposure shot of something in the sky - probably a helicopter. With some sort of searchlight on it. Very much doubt here's anything more to it than that, myself, but doubtless others will think differently!

LW

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I just viewed them in photoshop ... lightened them up and tried this and that --- I'm not seeing any indication at all that it's a helicoptor in any way, shape or form.

But if you say that it is that, can you provide us with more information to support your view that that's what it is?

At any rate, I recognize THE BOARDWALK in the last photo.. my sister and brother in law lived on it for many years where they had an excellent view of Treasure Island.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
I just viewed them in photoshop ... lightened them up and tried this and that I'm not seeing any indication at all that it's a helicoptor in any way shape or form.

But if it you say that it is that, can you provide us with more information to support your view that that's what it is?

Not at all, no. I was making a suggestion as to what could have caused the lights. As things stand this is an unidentified flying object. I am having a stab at identifying it - and based on what I see, when asked to choose between a helicopter or similar domestic craft, or an extra terrestrial craft, I would tend to go with "helicopter".

At a guess I might hazard that the helicopter was snapped in a relatively short time exposure whilst searching the water below for something or someone. Someone thought it was a good effect and decided to pretend they'd seen a UFO.

But I can't prove it. Sorry!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Been discussed. This is a time exposure of either an airplane or a helicopter taking off or landing. The time exposure leaves the aperature open long enough that anything moving with lights will leave the streaks that you see here. The things that appear to be lights on the side of the craft are the airliners typical strobing warning lights appearing in sequence during the exposure. The white light is either the landing lights of a plane or the spotlight of a helicopter.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Hmmmm, I'm sorry, I need more information to convince me that this is NOT a UFO.

Both of you are only guessing and it's clear that you think the photographer is lying about everything.

These photo's have not been Debunked as you claim... except by you Kozmo, lol.

Lol... a helicopter??? You guys need to have your vision checked out!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Palasheea, thank you for sharing this find.

The photos are amazing, but the photographer, if he wants to be taken seriously, should share the original unedited photos, in order to allow us to extract exif data and to make all the other analysis, IMHO.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

Palasheea, thank you for sharing this find.

The photos are amazing, but the photographer, if he wants to be taken seriously, should share the original unedited photos, in order to allow us to extract exif data and to make all the other analysis, IMHO.

That's true but for now all we have are these photo's and I agree with you that they ARE amazing!
The best I've ever seen, as a matter of fact! Well, maybe not the absolute best -- but almost... excellent photo's!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Hmmmm, I'm sorry, I need more information to convince me that this is NOT a UFO.

Both of you are only guessing and it's clear that you think the photographer is lying about everything.

It's true that I think the photogrpaher is lieing. But your suggestion seems to be that this is definitely an extra terrestrial craft unless proven otherwise. I would suggest that it would be more sensible to place the burden of proof on the originator of the image than on us!

If you need more convincing, fair enough. Sorry we cannot help you.

LW

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This has been discussed before. The conclusion was that it was a long-exposure photo of an aircraft.

Just google for long-exposure images yourself.

Here's some spoon-feed: www.photosafaris.com...

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Comatose]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Comatose
This has been discussed before. The conclusion was that it was a long-exposure photo of an aircraft.

Just google for long-exposure images yourself.

Here's some spoon-feed: www.photosafaris.com...

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Comatose]

I beg to disagree. I'm not seeing a what you are calling "long exposure" images in those those photo's and in addition to this, the person who captured those photo's did not see a UFO up there at the time when he took those photo's.

The image that you are showing in your photo does not look like the object that we are viewing in the first post here. I know it's a different object but if you are trying to give an example of an object seen in the sky where the camera was set at long exposure -- sure... your image looks like that but it does not look like the object in those photo's seen in that article.

Look at the one photo I have posted in that post... look and see how those lights on the side of it (3 of them) are evenly spaced and are not streaking at all -- where one would expect to see long streaks of those small lights on that craft if the cam was set on long exposure.
In addition to this, look at the detail we can see on that craft whereas in your 'long exposure example' photo we are seeing a bright streak of light... a long motion blur.
I'm not seeing that in that in the photo I posted here.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
How can it be a time exposure if we see those perfect three red dots on the top?
Shouldn't those dots be smudged as well?
That just doesn't make any sense to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
How long of an exposure time are we talking here, for this to be a aircraft?

I ask because if you look at the buildings/apartments across the water, some people seem to be in the windows. Since they are not blurred that I can tell, then the exposure time was very fast, or those are crash test dummies.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneWeasel
It's true that I think the photogrpaher is lieing. But your suggestion seems to be that this is definitely an extra terrestrial craft unless proven otherwise. I would suggest that it would be more sensible to place the burden of proof on the originator of the image than on us!

If you need more convincing, fair enough. Sorry we cannot help you.

LW

Please copy/paste where I said that that UFO was extraterrestrial. Where do I say that in any of my posts in this thread before this one.

Back a couple of years ago, I and others saw a large Triangle UFO and when I talked about that here in this forum, I said that I believed it was an advanced black budget experimental aircraft -- regardless that it maneuvered in ways that were 'out of this world'. So you've got the wrong person here as far as believing that ALL UFO's are extraterrestrial -- quite the contrary, probably most UFO's are man-made.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I'm not seeing anything on that link that's talking about the photo's we are in this thread.

Could you please link to the thread in that forum where those members of that forum are discussing this UFO?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Lol... a helicopter??? You guys need to have your vision checked out!

Stick to the topic please

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

They have been discussed here on ATS before, that is in fact what I was referring to. You do the search for them. It doesn't make a difference to me if you ignore the information that I'm providing you with.

I've had my own encounters, which I won't go into here, so I'm far from being an avid sceptic/debunker.

I'm also fairly experienced in cameras, photoshop, visual arts, etc. I thought it would be good to share such information, no?

Perhaps you should take the time to search for the previous thread/s on ATS where these photos have been discussed? This is not my duty.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
[snip] www.abovetopsecret.com...

Mod Edit : Unecessary remark removed.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by elevatedone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join