It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need member volunteers to review FOIA documents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hello members of ATS. I'm pleased to announce the start of one of the new initiatives discussed at our "Revolution Event," the integration of the massive Clifford Stone government document archive.

We have been granted exclusive access to the most renowned collection of previously classified documents, many of which have never before been released to the public in any venue. There are hundreds of thousands of documents and millions of pages spanning the spectrum from UFO (the majority) to covert military operations.

A tantalizing tidbit of what's in store can be seen here: FOIA: White Sands Missle Expert Sees Flying Saucer

Many of our staff members are beginning the process of basic catalog work on this huge undertaking, and then we'll be looking to enlist the aid of a few members to help with commentary and keyword tagging. Yes... not only with this be the largest collection of free FOIA documents, it will be the most searchable and user-friendly.

Our goal is simple, to help Mr. Stone get these documents into public hands in the best way possible. With the hard work of Springer, Mr. Stone agrees that ATS is indeed the best way.

Also, there is "warm and fuzzy" side to our effort here... a significant portion of the ad revenue generated by the discussion and views surrounding these documents will be sent to Mr. Stone and his family. Finally, we get to thank him in the best way possible for his life's hard work -- the awareness he desires and the financial compensation he deserves.

If you'd like to volunteer for what will undoubtedly be a long-term and satisfying project, please contact myself or Springer via U2U. Include any experience you've had with FOIA documents, archiving, or related projects. And those who are selected will get a nifty "ATS Archivist" badge in their profile.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't have any experience really with archiving or the FOIA documents.. but what i do have is a fairly good amount of free time.... so, if you need an extra person, I am willing to hear what it entails.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I would LOVE to read the documents!! Just hand me a section and I can get started right away.

In other words, count me in

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I don't have any experience really with archiving or the FOIA documents.. but what i do have is a fairly good amount of free time.... so, if you need an extra person, I am willing to hear what it entails.

I'm right there with hikix on this one. While you may be my bitter foe Overlord, I would love to help you guys.

I have a good bit of digital cataloging experience as well as a ton and a half of hands on filing/labeling experience.

I'm game.

Jasn

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't mind helping, if I can make it from Portugal.

I do not have any experience with FOIA documents and my English sometimes fails me, but I know a little about archives because the company where I work sells software for archives made by us.

Unfortunately, I have little time available.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Fantastic!

This is the sort of initiative that I think many of us have been waiting for - seeing as how Mr. Stone is also a Disclosure Project witness!

Rock on ATS

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I would love to help. I am a data analyst and have no problem with going through the documents.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Add me to the list with 27 plus years of military experience. i'll even work with Simiusdel....kidding

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I'm with the few posts above, not much experience in reading FOIA documents (any difference between these and normal pieces of paper?) but I do have plenty of free time to read and a drive to learn more and more.....

This isnt a application for a job or anything just saying I would love to help and am available for anything needed....

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Sign me up. Ill do my fair share, or as much as I can, before I reach for mind altering substances LOL

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Are we able to do this from home or is this something we have to travel somewhere to do?

If we can do it from home (since I have no money to travel) then I'm in. I really don't have "experience" with FOIA documents, but I have free time and can assist in what ever way. Just let me know what you guys need done.

I'll U2U you as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've already sent you a U2U but felt the need to join the rest here in offering help in any way possible.
This is very exciting news for ATS!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hi Bill thanks for the U2U, I am interested in the FOIA docs send me some to my e-mail or U2U in standard word 97?-200? not office 2007 as I have it, but have changed the file mode to older file types for archiving and access The reason being that the new file type is not compatible with all the Office versions that proceeded it. This is a bit like vista and AC3 8192 files for DivX and Xvid and sound engineering etc. Or if you have PDF's thats cool also.

P.S

Sorry to be a Hassle.

Just the new MS file types are restrictive and cr*p basically

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
count me in ill do what i can as long as no travel is involved (cant leave the county for three years). i have quite a bit of free time. ive read a few FOIA documents before but i wouldnt call this "experience" so to speak but its what little i can do to give back to the site i cherish the most.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Exciting!

However, I have to ask...

Exactly WHO gave you the rights to host/post these documents? Did the government provide this info... for exclusive use on ATS? I'm sure you see where I'm going with this...

Oh, the Clifford Stone library... helps when I read.
Regardless, this certainly won't go without notice in "spook-land". Granted, these documents are FOIA procured, and public, but I doubt the government is super excited about having it all in one place on a high traffic site such as ATS. Unless of course, these docs are laced with disinfo.

I digress. Sounds like Fun! I'd love to work on this

[edit on 11/14/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I do not know of what specific use I can be- just give me some instructions as to what it is that you want and I am in.

I am highly organized and computer proficient. Just let me know what programs you wish to use and I probably have them and am ready to go!

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I will love to help, no experience here but plenty of free time.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have a fair amount of free time guys and I'm in D.C. if you need an extra set of eyes.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Ready willing and able! Count me in if there is still room for one more.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm in, I'll send you a U2U right off!

What I DO want to know is if there will be a support system for us FOIA newbies? I'm more than willing to pore over docs, but, there will obviously be a process involved. Will there be a support system to enhance that process?

Cuhail

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join