It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really annoying ad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has seen this one yet, but it's quite annoying. The smily face just keeps yelling, "Helllllloooo!" I think I remember a thread on the subject of these types of ads but couldn't find it. Is there anything that can be done about this? Heres a screenshot of the ad...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
HELLOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

HEY!! HELLOOOO!!!

Yeah, it's stupid and needs to be blocked.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am new to this site...like two minutes new, and that is the fist thing that greets me....damn.

Regardless I am happy to be here and I am looking forward to weeks of reading

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
I am new to this site...like two minutes new, and that is the fist thing that greets me....damn.

Regardless I am happy to be here and I am looking forward to weeks of reading

Thats funny.

Anyways, welcome. As you can see, we don't like it either!

I was about to make a thread about it when I saw you. Had my volume all the way up, real quite HELLLOOOOO ..

Someone... anyone... get rid of that annoying monstrosity!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
True, very true....i concur as to how annoying it is.

But we must face it, without that ad, ATS wuoldnt really be up for too long, their paying to have that space annony us. But i'd rather get annyoed to reap the results of what ATS produces, so its a win for me, should be for you too!

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Er, I think I might have read somewhere that the ATS owners will remove an ad if members complain that it's too annoying. That might have been another board though.

I've seen that ad on other sites. Myspace uses it a lot. I haven't seen it here yet, but I agree that it's friggin annoying.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Annoying ad. I just sent a complaint myself about an ad that I get. (Its only 1 at the top.)
It shakes around quickly in jerky motions trying to give you a seizure. And its in Hungarian.

I realize that I live in Hungary, so it would seem logical to target the country with the native language...but ATS is strictly an English speaking board (you are not allowed to type in another language), as well as that I am probably the only person in Hungary looking at this site...(i said, "in Hungary" - not Hungarian), and Im not Hungarian...so the whole ad concept in this case is lost...

It just an annoyance instead.

Same with the U.S. greencard advertisement I get between submitting post.
Honestly, again...talk about not reaching your target audience. It would be different if ATS had a host of Hungarians, living in Hungary, wanting green cards - who actually visited this site.

Hadnt heard anything back, but it would be nice if that was fixed, as I to heard that they would stop annoying ads.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
We have an ongoing thread just for such ads...

Worst Ads Ever! (SkepticOverlord's Ad Hitlist)

I just bumped it to the top of this forum.

Just add a post there, and include any info you can gather, to help in pinpointing the ad.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I repeatedly roll my mouse back and forth over the smelly, er, smily ad just to make him shout out "HellOO" over and over again.

It makes my feel so welcome....

Ack!

[edit on 15-11-2007 by goosdawg]

new topics

top topics

join