It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clues that your country may be turning into a fascist state

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
NOTE: Some of these symptoms are found in non-fascist countries where they should be treated as serious warning signs. On the other hand, fascist states - unlike democratic nations - have many, if not all, of these symptoms.

• Your president asserts the right to ignore part or all of laws passed by the national legislature.

• Massive warrantless searches

• Your president and other officials regularly lie to you

• Fraudulent election counts

• Government monitoring of letters, emails, phone calls and checking accounts

Source

Interesting list, isnt it? How many of these points does America NOT have at this point?

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Copernicus]

Mod Note: Trim Those Quotes - Please Review this link

Mod Edit: to apply external quote code, please review this link

[edit on 18-11-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wow! Well said. How do we take back OUR country? I mean, this isn't Germany in 1934, we have instant communication and information at our fingertips!

I've thought this, will write it now...IF a Democrat wins the general election in November 2008 I will not be surprised to see "President" Bush (or more correctly, the NeoCons pulling his strings) stage a False Flag Op and impose martial law.

Stay aware.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
here is something compelling that we can do. We can end the use of money and rely on a credit/debit system making all transactions transparent. This would reduce evil and drug trafficing by so much. It would also end the elite's power.

Next we need to create a direct democracy, internet democracy, using a website that we all pick. In that site contain a think tank and an initiative action center. Using a volunteer movement, we can support a new economy based on volunteerism for radical change.

Or we can just pretend like theres no solutions and grow in despair.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You forgot one on the list

-The demonization of an outside culture/race/polical structure/country in order to distract and breed fear in the population at large allowing for above said practices to occur.

And in repsonse to the removal of hard curracy, all that would do would alllow the government to track all transactions of all indivduals, which
is increasing government control, not stemming an totalitarian government.

I have contemplated the direct internet democracy theory myself, biggest problem is the internet is far far far from secure, and curruption of data so easy, it is not even close to feasable yet, and if in place, it could hasten a dictatorship through them hacking or otherwise modifying the system. Not the solution, yet at least.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Great post! I too would like to add one: the demonization of all domestic dissent, and association of these individuals with the outside culture/race/religion/country that’s been made a scapegoat and boogieman.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

• Average citizens don't care of the fascization of their own country.

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
You all read to much crap about crap and not enough about the real world. America is not a Democracy it's a Republic and I definetly don't want a direct democracy setup anywhere. So many think that there's a conspiracy in everything we do and come up with some crazy theories. But that's all they are " crazy theories ".

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Also Roma used to be a Republic, dude.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The great apathy of Westerners due to great economic sucess has allowed previous liberal democracies to enact laws and such to a level that even a hundred years ago wouldnt have gone through. Our comfort level is so high, we have become numb and have little need for serious politiking.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lavisod

Open source governance.

Like the way Linux was formed.

Do this for government and monetary reform.

Many valuable links which make banking look simple, and the solutions to today's money problems even simpler:

www.wakeupfromyourslumber.com...

new topics

top topics

join