It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80,000 Reserve U.S. Troops Called Up for Iran Invasion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

in other news...

"In Darfur, the government is also recruiting criminals to spearhead this counterinsurgency operation, with predictable results. The most prominent Janjaweed leader in West Darfur state is Abdul Rahim Ahmad Mohammed, a former army officer known universally by his nickname of “Shukurtallah.”138 He emerged at the head of the Janjaweed in Dar Masalit after he was arrested on charges of killing civilians. The Janjaweed are Arab criminals. Some come from jail and then are trained by the army in Geneina - in the old customs yard, Medina al Hujjaj. "

if it occurs to one "government....

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gotrox
I seriously doubt any attack on Iran. The Russians and Chineese have "drawn a line in the sand", as it were.

I hope we don't attack Iran. But the Russians and Chinese aren't a factor. They ALWAYS draw lines in the sand, and demand we end military action, yada yada yada. They aren't interested in nuclear war over Iran, they just aren't that fond of them to waste their countries protecting an Islamic regime. If it's gonna happen, and again, I hope it doesn't, behind the scenes deals will be made. They'll sell weapons to Iran and be very dramatic when calling for an end to our military action, but they'll get a cut when the dust settles, it's all for show.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by never_tell

What did your post mean? Did it have anything to do with the topic?

You might have to break it down and explain it to the not-so-smart people like me.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Chyort

i said "soon they will release the convict population of america into warzones... aremed and forced to do combat, they will fight as did the slaves of the ancient world... "

then he said "Ummm, afraid not. Care to share with us any basis for this claim?"

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh, so you're saying if a government does it in Dafur that the U.S. government will do it in Iraq? Sounds a little outlandish to me. Do you have any evidence other than a quote you made?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Two close aquaintances, who are army reservists, were told to be ready to leave for the middle east within the next year. Up until now, they have only served domestically - mainly border patrol.

You can take this as... they are going to replace existing troops OR they are going to launch a new offensive. Regardless, troops who were not previously involved in the existing conflicts are now being prepared for deployment.

Others I know, career military currently in Iraq, all indicate that there are plenty of discussions about Iran. None said anything definite, but they gave me enough information to inidcate that there is a liklihood that Iran will be attacked within the year. One has been requested to expand his knowledge of Farsi, which just so happens to be the primary language in Iran.

Remember, this is what I have been told. When I have every military friend mentioning they are preparing for Iran... that leads me to believe that an impending offensive is likely.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chyort

Oh, so you're saying if a government does it in Dafur that the U.S. government will do it in Iraq? Sounds a little outlandish to me. Do you have any evidence other than a quote you made?

I'm saying "anything is possible".. run out of "real" people.. what do you do? There are numerous historical accounts of recruitment where people are arrested for petty crimes only to be given the choice to enlist instead...

and ancient history is filled with armies comprised of slaves, which of course is all the prison population is... convicts already underwrite the corporate bottom line... will only be a matter of time before the "draft" extends to the interment camps of the American penal system..

afterall, only makes good fiscal sense!

[edit on 15-11-2007 by never_tell]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRidge

80,000 Reserve U.S. Troops Called-Up For Iran Invasion

www.halturnershow.com

80,000 RESERVE U.S. TROOPS CALLED-UP FOR IRAN INVASION
UNDERGOING SPECIAL TRAINING; EVEN HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT FOR JANUARY DEPLOYMENT

Word has reached my ear that the USA will, in fact, invade Iran in January. The U.S. has quietly called-up eighty thousand (80,000) reserve troops and is presently retraining them in specialized combat tactics.

Copy Paste Source Material in News Submissions

[edit on 11-13-2007 by worldwatcher]

Bogus. Attacking will be primarily an Air Force/Navy aircraft/cruise missile affair.

The 80,000, if it is true, is probably just for routine rotation in Iraq. An invasion of Iraq would require many more reservists.

Since the goal would be to eliminate nuclear production, why would we need significant ground troops?

We wouldn't want to send large numbers of troops into radiation contaminated areas. It doesn't make sense.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
reply to post by BlueRaja

in other news...

"In Darfur, the government is also recruiting criminals to spearhead this counterinsurgency operation, with predictable results. The most prominent Janjaweed leader in West Darfur state is Abdul Rahim Ahmad Mohammed, a former army officer known universally by his nickname of “Shukurtallah.”138 He emerged at the head of the Janjaweed in Dar Masalit after he was arrested on charges of killing civilians. The Janjaweed are Arab criminals. Some come from jail and then are trained by the army in Geneina - in the old customs yard, Medina al Hujjaj. "

if it occurs to one "government....

The government of Sudan has been doing it for years in Darfur and the South before that. Nothing new.

The west has been doing nothing but diplomacy. Nothing new.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

For lack of reading the whole thread(the premise is too ridiculous)
I merely wish to suggest possibly just as ridiculous scenario.....
Perhaps the 80K troops are not for a ground pounding offensive in Iran as much as reinforcement to the existsing Iraq Invasion forces which would obviously be directly in harms way of retaliation by the Iranis if attacked.
Certainly the Iranians could make a large difference in Iraq if they were to launch both a missle and a ground reinforcement of the insugents(read Iraqi patriots)who are currently at war with coalition troops on scene.
Severely handicapped in a knockdown dragout war with America, they however hold the advantage in any type of asymetrical warfares at present.
It must be kept in mind that Iran may even now be nuclear armed with black market Russian nukes bought from Chechnayan or other successionist countries which were in possession of them through the old USSR.
80K would be barely enough to reinforce this expeditionary occupation army now engaged in Iraq.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
To the OP. You should be ashamed of yourself for using that racist as a source of news. Just a quick look at his website I was offended by the ad for a noose for $10 and other racist material including the tasteless comic strip with the N- word.

Reported to the Mods.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Excuse me if I sound naive, but what good would 8ok soldiers do in Iran? Wouldn't they be lost in the sea of millions? If Iran were to attack any other country it would take a heck of a lot more than 80k. And ground troops would not be the way that we would ever go anyway. Those days are over, especially for the initial shock and awe stage...

What did the few rangers/delta's do during the battle in Mogadishu? So few died, but thousands of Somali's were killed.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I was hoping this thread would be buried by now, but I guess not. It's obviously false, and was just made to stir up the pot, so to speak.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRidge

Iran is a joke. Their a whipping boy to Russia and or China. It's their people I worry about. If we go to war, they'll love us for killing the dictator, but hate us if we stay. I say kill the government and let the populace do the rest of the work.

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
[edit on 16-11-2007 by BlueRidge]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by x-phile
To the OP. You should be ashamed of yourself for using that racist as a source of news. Just a quick look at his website I was offended by the ad for a noose for $10 and other racist material including the tasteless comic strip with the N- word.

Reported to the Mods.

Hence why I put the comment about his racist views in the opening statement and my hesitation on posting it. My intentions were to see if this guy "knows" something or is just a raving nut job, not to promote his ideology. Heck, I was doing a research paper for my Political Science degree and found this site. Your self righteousness for reporting me to the mods over the views of the author make me want to gag! Thank what ever higher power there is that you are not in control of ATS or the spread of information in general.

Good Riddance to You,
Blue Ridge

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Reported to the Mods.

Hence why I put the comment about his racist views in the opening statement and my hesitation on posting it. My intentions were to see if this guy "knows" something or is just a raving nut job, not to promote his ideology. Heck, I was doing a research paper for my Political Science degree and found this site. Your self righteousness for reporting me to the mods over the views of the author make me want to gag! Thank what ever higher power there is that you are not in control of ATS or the spread of information in general.

Good Riddance to You,
Blue Ridge

I can only hope you use better judgment and little common sense next time you post a source of that nature on a public board. Indeed, this is a free, public space and you and everyone else are free to post but it is also moderated. Your disclaimer does little to repair the damage that bile like hal turner inflict. Did you really think anything from that insect can be validated by a reasonable person. I hope you learned a lesson.

edit to format

[edit on 16-11-2007 by x-phile]

posted on Nov, 16 2007 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Reported to the Mods.

Good Riddance to You,
Blue Ridge

I can only hope you use better judgment and little common sense next time you post a source of that nature on a public board. Indeed, this is a free, public space and you and everyone else are free to post but it is also moderated. Your disclaimer does little to repair the damage that bile like hal turner inflict. Did you really think anything from that insect can be validated by a reasonable person. I hope you learned a lesson.

edit to format

[edit on 16-11-2007 by x-phile]

"I hope you learned your lesson." Should I go stand in a corner for five minutes? As before, Gag...I guess I should be afraid of offending someone the next time I post from a source that does not fit their idealogical conception of the universe. I don't support the sources view, but I support his right to say it. In the spirit of being on the cutting edge of news I "broke" the story on ATS and asked for help validating it no matter the sensationalism of the headline. Due to the progressive nature of ATS, it was the correct medium to do so. I would have not done such a thing elsewhere due to the particular nature of the source. So you need to ask your self if ATS is really where you want to be? Maybe the forum of a more "traditional mainstream" idealogical censored/filtered/watered down news site are appropriate for your sensitive soul. I would not want you to get offended again would I?

Cheers,
Blue Ridge

Last Bastion of Free Speech and Thought=ATS

[edit on 16-11-2007 by BlueRidge]

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Interesting, because observers here in Scotland posted onto our lists news that many U.S. Air Force pilots had been seen a few days ago absolutely stowing out the bars of Dundee, (a small east coast Scottish town), and, the last time that had been seen, bombing runs had followed in the Far East.
Our Dundee observer was quite alarmed. He thinks they may well take off from Britain's RAF Leuchars, which of course is not very far away.
This guy here's writing from Edinburgh, Martin Heth of www.phonedupnshutup.com

posted on Nov, 18 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   

For now, the influence of sane and sensible officers appears to be ascending. Only a few days before Admiral Fallon spoke out, an Associated Press dispatch noted that American officials are quietly reducing our force profile in the Gulf region—for instance, by withdrawing an aircraft carrier that was sent earlier this year to emphasize the American regional security commitment.

"Sane Officers Oppose Cheney"
www.truthdig.com...

[edit on 18-11-2007 by anhinga]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join