It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80,000 Reserve U.S. Troops Called Up for Iran Invasion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by COOL HAND
Hmm, he mentioned they were preparing for an attack. If true, that would be classified.

Yeah, but it's not true. It's all BS. At the end of Feb. meet me back here so I can do the 'I told you so' dance.

He mentioned that their unit is moving out soon and gave an estimated date and a specific location. That is most definately classified.

Really? I didn't see mention of a specific unit, or location. He said the gulf, far from specific. And the average Joe who hears from a friend of a friend, etc. is not bound by military rules anyway, so I fail to see how any charges could be brought on him anyhow.

I suggest you reread the post and then point out where I put out any kind of threat. I was just stating that he has opened himself up to potential charges.

It looked like you asked him to provide more info so he could be charged.

I would like to think I am not the only one here who is upset at this security violation.

How do you know he isn't a military person who is trying to spread disinfo to confuse Iranian intel? After all, I'm sure Iranian spies check ATS all the time, lol.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

i've seen enough of the unbelievable that they have broken me------as crazy as some things may seem to be to a rational/logical mind---------forget it-----------that is not the way the world works.we've just witnessed on the news here in canada the murder by the vaunted rcmp police of a polish immigrant -----couldnt speak a word of english so they let him thru immigration but detained him for 10 hrs till he got a little agitated ---but he hurt no one--but the airport security in vancouver bc call the rcmp that come and tazer him to death within 30 seconds of their arrival---------------they didnt even try to be nice period and the guy wasnt resisting----------canadas national cops have turned into gestapo police ---------if you're a tourist dont come to canada if you cant speak english cause the police and airport officials/security cant help you and apparently dont care if you die in their airports--------the guys mother had been there the 10 hrs before looking for him-----the airport people tell her no one like her son arrived-----------she goes home and spends the next 6 hourd calling to see if he's come yet-answer no----------bunch of incompetent nuts----------how would they ever figure out who was or who was not a terrorist----------i hope the mother sues them for a billion and wins.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

I was reading about that, very sad. But it's kinda off topic here, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Who knows what else he might have posted at other places or other forums here that could be pieced together to fill in the entire picture? His clues were a little too specific.

You don't think that countries like Iran and China don't employ people all the time to do key word searches to look for these little clues that can be put together to spell trouble? Now they can be on the lookout at bases for troops gearing up to move that have attack helicopters as part of their loadout. They can send that info back home, where they already know the destination. See how the pieces can come together.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
^I don't even understand what you wrote. Does it have anything to do with the topic? (Directed to yahn goodey)

Originally posted by jmilla
Besides, all we have in Iraq right now is Marines, there is yet the entire Army that has not seen much action over there, and the Army is a much stronger force than the Marines.

No, the Marines aren't the only ones over there. The Army makes up a larger portion.

And to crsb123, I think you just made that up. You know two 'attack helicopter pilots?' Right... so they are training just two pilots for an assault on Iran? They must be pretty hardcore pilots there. The military usually calls up a lot more than that, especially with aviation units, because of all the support they require. With that amount of people being called up, the media usually hears about it then we hear about it the news, which we haven't.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by Chyort]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
... so, why not a little factsheet on Iran while we're discussing "called up" troops. And, it's true, at least a couple thousand. Saw in the local Phila news, a reserve unit of thousands called up a year or more early.... time to impose some democracy on a peaceful, Farsi people...

Iran: Government, Islamic Republic of Iran. Square miles = 631,000.
65.3 million is the population. Tehran, capital, 7+ million people. 89% Shi'a, 9% Sunni.
GDP: 552$ billion. Exports 55.4$ billion. Imports $42.5 billion. Literacy rate: 79% (2003).

Iran, a Middle Eastern country south of the Caspian Sea and north of the Persian Gulf, is three times the size of Arizona. It shares borders with Iraq, Turkey, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Armenia, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.

The Elburz Mountains in the north rise to 18,603 ft (5,670 m) at Mount Damavend. From northwest to southeast, the country is crossed by a desert 800 mi (1,287 km) long.
www.infoplease.com...

Iraq: 167,000 sq miles. 27 million people, 6.7 in Baghdad. 2003 literacy rate, 40%. GDP: 94$ billion. Shiite 60-65%, Sunni 32-37%. Exports, 17$b, imports 19$b.

Iraq, a triangle of mountains, desert, and fertile river valley, is bounded on the east by Iran, on the north by Turkey, on the west by Syria and Jordan, and on the south by Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. It is twice the size of Idaho. The country has arid desert land west of the Euphrates, a broad central valley between the Euphrates and the Tigris, and mountains in the northeast.

www.infoplease.com...

[edit on 15-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It would take about 300,000 men and women to actually invade Iran in the same fashion of Iraq. That may also be an under estimate, as Iran is much larger then Iraq. Larger population as well.

It would take 150,000 to remain in Iraq. It would take all major armored units, like the 3rd infantry to hit Iran, using another 300,000+ men for that task, not to mention the thousands of support staff, additional naval reserves to ensure the Straights of Hormuz remain intact. It would take about 500,000 men to keep Iraq stable and Iran to fall within a week.

Or.

It could take a three man sniper team, a small team of undisclosed CIA agents, a mock retaliation from federal government on Iranian students and the entire country could fall within a year.

The political balance over there is thin, just as it is in Pakistan, many people despise the fundamentalist regime.

Or.

Two aircraft carriers, striking large troops encampments, all nuclear facilities and all naval threats to the Straights.

Then we leave, and let them sort it out.

The troop idea is the worst, I would say if they must do it, just hit and run.

PS.

If we hit Iran Russia will not attack us. We don't go to war, remember, if we did we would have done it along time ago. We BOTH still have nukes, and we both know a conventional war is out of the question. Besides, without the West Russia has no source of income, and what little it has now, Putin would not want to undermine is own power.

Putin can't even handle the Ukraine or Georgia for God's sakes people..

China has no army to speak of, what actual ability they DO have is spent murdering monks and robbing poor farmers of their rice reserves. If they actually even thought about attack us, it would be a poor site indeed. China is not a threat. Economic threat maybe.. but then again.. I would love to see the United States place a trade embargo on that despicable state. Good ridence if you ask me.

[edit on 11/15/2007 by Rockpuck]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
... so, why not a little factsheet on Iran while we're discussing "called up" troops. And, it's true. Saw in the local Phila news, a reserve unit of thousands called up a year or more early.... time to impose some democracy on a peaceful, Farsi people...

Could you provide a link from the "local Phila news?" Are you sure they didn't say Iraq? They are calling up troops for rotation in Iraq, as the military has done since the war started.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
...saw it in the print edition and I think you're right that they're for Iraq, but what's the difference at this point? Iran, is obviously, stronger, more educated people then the Iraqis, and their religious beliefs are somewhat different. Regardless, I doubt, after "shock and awe" and "mission accmplshed" we're going to hear the Senate selling out Americans again, they got to authorize war as they did in Iraq. Unless 'terror' strikes, Iran seems to be cooperating w/ the U.N. as I'm hoping for peaceful solution... ftnote: Pakistan's totally shaky gov't w/ fully-armed nukes? No one else is a little fearful of winternuclear?

My point is that stationed troops cross the eastem border from (fairly) close Baghdad should that happen. Also, an "air raid" could be called at any moment w/ the U.S. aircraft carriers ALREADY sitting in the gulf. Do you need links, I think they're on ATS everyday for the last month. "Sacrifice 5th fleet" etc., (???!!)

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Who knows what else he might have posted at other places or other forums here that could be pieced together to fill in the entire picture? His clues were a little too specific.

Well, that's purely speculation.

You don't think that countries like Iran and China don't employ people all the time to do key word searches to look for these little clues that can be put together to spell trouble?

And you don't think the US has people who post BS to throw them off if they did?

Now they can be on the lookout at bases for troops gearing up to move that have attack helicopters as part of their loadout. They can send that info back home, where they already know the destination. See how the pieces can come together.

Yeah, okay. Then while they've got their eyes on those bases looking for attack helis, the USAF and Navy will send the fighter jets and bombers, and the cruise missiles that they would use in reality. There's NO way we would invade Iran, and even if we did, it wouldn't be til LONG after the military infrastructure was smoldering.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Also, these stats:

The Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran (Persian: نيروهای مسلح جمهوری اسلامی ايران) include the IRIA (Persian: ارتش جمهوری اسلامی ایران) , the IRGC (Persian: سپاه پاسداران انقلاب اسلامی) , and the Police Force[1] (Persian: نيروی انتظامی جمهوری اسلامی ایران).

These forces total about 545,000 active personnel.[2] Both fall under the commands of the Ministry's of Defense & Armed Forces Logistics.

The Basij (or Baseej) is a paramilitary volunteer force controlled by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards; it includes about 90,000 full-time, active-duty uniformed Basij members, up to 300,000 reservists, and a further 11 million men and women who could be mobilized.[6]

Iran's 2005 defense budget was estimated to be $6.3 billion by London's International Institute for Strategic Studies. This was $91 per capita, a lower figure than other Persian Gulf nations, and lower as a percentage of gross national product than all other Gulf states except the United Arab Emirates.[14]

en.wikipedia.org...

A ground war on your hands of WW4 potential. The Iranian air force, only a couple hundred jets. But those US-piercing Sunburn missiles are where that war could be a massacre.

11 million people. A U.S. draft and Apocalypse Now. They've been trained on the Russian best-seller AKalashnikov 47 since they were kids. The mountains are higher then anything in America. There's 800 miles of desert. Okay, onto the comparison of Holy War, what number we up to in history? Anyone, anyone...

U$A: 3.5 million sq miles. (Army wants 5 million acres by 2011) 301 million people. The economic stats? Well, why bother? Aside from the 9$ trillion deficit!!!! Labor force, 149 million! Uh, oh -- a dicrepency!

www.infoplease.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a usa invasion/attack is first prepared by summoning the airforce not the troops! what would usa ground forces do? without air force setting the groundwork. sorry never gonna happen iran is too powerful us forces spread too thin, many will die, political suicide, america will revolt possibly a revolution or asking president to resign. so no go for invasion ok.

[edit on 15-11-2007 by DuneKnight]

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

...saw it in the print edition and I think you're right that they're for Iraq, but what's the difference at this point? Iran, is obviously, stronger, more educated people then the Iraqis, and their religious beliefs are somewhat different.
My point is that stationed troops cross the eastem border from (fairly) close Baghdad should that happen. Also, an "air raid" could be called at any moment w/ the U.S. aircraft carriers ALREADY sitting in the gulf. Do you need links, I think they're on ATS everyday for the last month. "Sacrifice 5th fleet" etc., (???!!)

I think there is a difference, I mean if the military is calling up troops to specifically invade Iran that would be a huge story. Also, if you're going to invade Iran from Iraq, wouldn't you need a buildup of troops in Iraq? More than we have there already, of course.

"Iran, is obviously, stronger, more educated people then the Iraqis." I don't know if Iraqis would agree with you on that.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

A ground war on your hands of WW4 potential. The Iranian air force, only a couple hundred jets. But those US-piercing Sunburn missiles are where that war could be a massacre.

There will be no ground war. And "US-piercing Sunburn missiles"?

I've never heard them called that before, that's amusing. You should tell the Navy about those missiles, cuz I doubt they are aware of their existence. And we never have classified defense tech up our sleeves, huh? Nope. All that money spent on our military, only to be "massacred" by the all mighty Sunburn. Gimme a break. They don't have great range, and I'm sure military planners aren't gonna be surprised by them, if Iran even has them which I'm not sure about. There are ALOT of factors that have to be right on the sending end of those missiles, good targeting intel, good working equipment, etc. We all saw how effective NEW Russian anti-aircraft technology was in Syria recently...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Wow,
If half the things you say are true on this post then congratulations. You have just revealed classified material in an unclassified source.

Why don't you just go ahead and print their names as well so it is easier to bring them and you on charges?

classified information? Thats funny. I have heard rumors about this for months. I was at a poker tourney where the whole table was talking about their military ties and what they know. I have ran into others who have simular stories. Pilots, marines etc. They made this public. This may be trash or the worst kept secret. Either way. Why don't we over react. I have read speculative articles all over the internet that have put dates from January to just before the elections.

The media is priming us, and every week a new article comes out to soften us up to the idea of an attack.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chyort

Iraqis have been ruined by the sanctions from the U.S. and others for decades. They're 40% illiterate and poverty-stricken. (U.S. = 3% illiterate) I don't mean to "slam" them, but they have been victimized by many, for awhile... DU is having disaster-like effects on the genetic DNA since it's in the water and the food now in certain areas of Iraq. Look any DU info stats up, it's gruesome.

Iranians are well educated and have a large, devoted population compared to Iraq. Bad repercussions from any military action. A withdrawal is in Congress' latest happenings. This Dec. the drawdown is a couple of thousand. By next year, many more.

Iran: an 11 million person DEVOTION to their military.

The U.S. mil is less then a mill and a half.

sg.answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am a National Guardsmen. USAF

If anything were going down, I am sure my base would have something in the way of news. So far, nothing.

We are not invading Iran but we'll probably just bomb them into the stone age (against the opinion of most of America), and create an even greater hatred for America.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   

But my point remains, an 11 million person DEVOTION to their military.

And your point would be cowering under any shelter they could find against a US aerial assault. There will be NO ground war, that's not our goal there. And even if there was, if the US took the kid gloves off, we'd STILL win, even stretched as thin as we are.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by crsb123
information? Thats funny. I have heard rumors about this for months. I was at a poker tourney where the whole table was talking about their military ties and what they know. I have ran into others who have simular stories. Pilots, marines etc. They made this public. This may be trash or the worst kept secret. Either way.

It is trash, and I think you should be very skeptical of these 'sources.'

Iraqis have been ruined by the sanctions from the U.S. and others for decades. They're mainly illiterate and poverty-stricken.

I'm not sure about this. I've been to Iraq and still have some Iraqi friends. They could all read and most knew a second or third language.

But in regards to the other part of your post, I believe that if the U.S. military wanted to just destroy the Iranian military, it could do so easily. Someone posted that Iran spends some 6 billion dollars and change on its military. The U.S. spent over half a trillion dollars on its military this year.

However, no one has still brought any real evidence that the U.S. is calling up troops to invade Iran.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I seriously doubt any attack on Iran. The Russians and Chineese have "drawn a line in the sand", as it were. I think the generals have also.
If the prez orders an attack, I am fairly confident that those who would be on the front lines commanding it would tell him to go eat a bannanna.
As for slipping a few billion worth of nasties to Israel, thats another matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join