It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kangaroo Creature in Chilie

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I looked in the ATSNN and this wasn't there...if it was and I missed it then sorry...But I just found this interesting....

Juan Berr�os, a 40 year-old driver and an old-fashioned Chilean catholic, has never driven his vehicle again since his run-in with the monster. "He reached the truck stop in a state. His legs trembled," said one of his co-workers, half-jokingly, at the same time he made the sign of the Cross just in case.

Click here for the rest of the story.

Could this be a type of Chupacabra or maybe a new animal or a hoax? I don't know for sure but it seems like it is a Chupaperro if you ask me because it was seen with a dog....But maybe Chupacabras like dogs too

ID

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   

"It was a bipedal animal standing 1.50 meters tall, with hind legs like those of a kangaroo, small, curved hands ending in talons, a sharp mane like that of a porcupine running along its back, a tail with a rattle, a muzzle like that of a fierce wolf, several rows of teeth and voracious red eyes."

This description from the site you gave PERFECTLY mirrors that of El Chupacabra, and based on the fact that there have been recent Chupacabra attacks in Chile you can bet your bottom dollar that The Goat Sucker is to blame.

"In April of 2000, El Chupacabra is blamed for hundreds of livestock deaths in Calama. about 72 miles from the capital city of Santiago."

This quotes was obtained from a very reliable source, the TLC TV station's web site. They recently did a show on El Chupacabra. Their site provides most of the information to date on El Chupacabra if you wish to bone up on your goat suckers. tlc.discovery.com...

1.5meters converts to 4 foot 11 inches which fits right in there with El Chupacabras usual range of 3 to 5. The spiked spine and red eyes fix all previous Chupacabra sightings as do the shape of the legs and the large jumps. These jumps are how most people rationalize the fact that it leaves no footprints around it's victims. The tail rattling I have no idea about, I would guess that this is simply a misinterpretation by the witnesses. As for your comment about El Chupacabra liking dogs, it was given the name "goat sucker" simply because that is the first creatures it was known to have attacked, since then there have been reports of dogs, cats, chickens, and anything else with sufficient mass.

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
A Chilean friend of mine says this is not something new. He calls it Chupacabra or the Goatsucker.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Very interesting story... I wouldn't want to run into that creature.. whatever it may be..

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
do you think perhaps these chupacabra's live and travel underground?? how do you explain the sightings that pop up from different parts of the world? or are there different breeds of the same species???

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
what exactly is a chupacubra? is it a relative of a squirrel?

ID

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

what exactly is a chupacubra? is it a relative of a squirrel?
El chupacabra is a reptilian creature approximately 3 to 5 feet in height, it has three claws on each hand, and has kangaroo like legs. It has a column of spines that protrude from it's back, it has red glowing eyes, and fangs. El Chupacabra's attacks are normally at night and it's victim's are small to medium sized mammals. No foot prints are left at the scene so it is assumed that el chupacabra is able to jump large distances. It's victim's are found with puncture wounds normaly around the neck and all of the blood drained from their bodies, there is little to no blood on the exterior of the dead animal. El Chupacabra was first spotted in 1956 in Oracle Arizona. It's next reported attack was in the early 70's in Brownsville Texas, then in 1993 in New Jersey, and then in 1994 in Puerto Rico ( the location of most of the El Chupacabra attacks). In 1995 it attacked in the Baja Region of Mexico, Klamath Falls Oregon, and countless times in Puerto Rico. In 1996 it struck several times in Mexico, again in Oregon, in Miami Florida, and even as far north as Michigan. In 1999 it struck in El Yunque national park famous for it's extraterrestrial activity. In 2000 it moved to Chile and has continued feeding there to this day, there have also been reports in Nicaragua in 2001. And to answer your second question it is no were near the squirrel family.

do you think perhaps these chupacabra's live and travel underground?? how do you explain the sightings that pop up from different parts of the world? or are there different breeds of the same species???
El Chupacabra's body would make it unsuitable for deep tunneling, also if you look at the land area that it would have to cover it would be able to travel faster then the average car as well as over large water ways including the Gulf of Mexico. I equate the large distances in location to two things: First these creatures have no natural predators giving nothing to control their population, which means there could be any number of them. Second the only attacks that were reported were those in fairly urban areas. I am sure that it has struck in many other places and has simply never been reported, either that or the animals were wild and thus no human found the remains. I believe that these are the same species due to the style that each victim was killed in, there has been little variation thus far.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I wonder how extensive cave systems are under all land masses? A chupa can travel far underground if it wants to and is not afraid to do it.

ID

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
El Chupacabra would easily be able to travel through existing tunnels and caves but actually burrowing I feel is out of the question. Based on the descriptions given it is more suited for leaping and climbing then digging. I would even go so far as to say that it may use the trees as a form of transportation. Given that there were no foot prints around the victims it's jump would be sufficient to utilize even light foliage as rest points in between jumps. Also I would agree that cave systems can grow to be quite extensive, The Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico for example, however to say that there are caves leading from Michigan (it's northern most attack) to Chile ( it's southern most) is ludicrous.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
it sounds lite the chupacabra also. i believe it, it sounds like the one i saw.

top topics

join