It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AC360: Are we Alone? Tonight 10PM EST

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
Well, I haven't seen any other major media organization carry this in the US.

There's always tomorrow's news. Some networks need a day to catch up with the stories lol...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Yeah, I like Anderson because he doesn't let a subject drop in a hurry unlike most in the news. I speak, of course, of the Katrina situation.

I'm just a pessimist

I would love to see this continue to build in the media, but I don't see how the likes of Fox News and it's audience are going to shift position on this, which has mainly been to call people nut jobs. I doubt that any major media org. other than CNN were even at today's press conference, however.

Still, I have noticed that once one channel gets going on a subject the others often follow even if does take a few days.

It will be interesting to see how the rest of this week plays out.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
THey have been talking about the subject on Larry King last friday, on AC360 tonight, and seriously, if they talk about it again during this week there is something wrong. Not that I don't like it, but that would be kind of weird no?

[edit on 12-11-2007 by sc4venger]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I can't believe they got the same skeptic guy from Larry Kings Show last week. He said and I quote "Airline Pilots and Pilots in general are some of the WORST OBSERVERS there are."

What kind of moron would make a statement like that?

Airline pilots are up in the sky all the time, they can tell a normal aircraft from something that is not normal.

The skeptic guy seemed to be a bit more angry this time than the last time on Larry King.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Here's a transcript of the show from CNN's website:

transcripts.cnn.com...

Seems very brief to me but it's better than nothing. I hope that this trend continues.

-D

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I was thinking about the 'skeptic' last night after the show, how he brought nothing to the table aside from childish responses like, "it's just lights."

Thought to do a little search engine find on Jame s McGaha and came up w/ nothing showing credibility.

Lead me to think about how appearance could be rooted in something else, mind you, this is far-fetch, but maybe applies.

McGaha -- MG cars or MIG jets, to get people to think -- vehicles.

Kind of like these government AKA:

Margret Spellings = education secretary
Rob Portman = US trade rep

I can't think of any more and it's vaguely impossible to link up to more from hunting around....

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Piece was reasonable - AC did a good job as moderator - but am I the only one who thinks HE looks kind of like an alien?

The Skeptic (I hadn't seen the King segment) was a clear set up - he was rediculous - it actually through me off guard at first.

I am so used to the "believer" being the inarticulate kook and the skeptic being reasonably intelligible that I actually kind of felt bad for the guy.

But let's be clear - it was a manipulation on CNN's part to use him - I would have much prefered a generic Seti scientist skeptic who could have actually made an attempt at reasonable doubt.

Again - a reasonable segment - but how come they can't devote his whole show to it? Why always delegate this topic to page 11?

I mean the conference happend that day - why is plastic surgery disatsers more topical - doesn't fox already have a show dedicated to that kind of thing?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The elite believe that society needs an enemy to give it a sense of purpose, direction, and cohesion (nevermind the fact that each of us has our own calling, purpose, and destiny). They then deliver up this enemy to get the masses distracted and working like idiots on things that don't matter, fighting against enemies which were pre-decided, all the while the wealth of the world is being skimmed off the top.

My guts are telling me that the flurry of talk about UFOs in the mainstream media has NOTHING to do with pressure from the public, but is rather an opportunity for the elites to begin phasing in a new enemy for us all to beg the government to save us from, under new legislation.

Just my intuition talking.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Have any of you considered the fact that its sweeps week? With the writer's strike falling during this period, I think it may be a way for CNN to try and gain veiwers.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sc4venger

are we alone?-------------------no! G-D has made many different types of angels/creatures/supernatural beings---so G-D says-------------some are bad because they decided to become evil-------most are good because they decided to remain loyal to their Creators.are there other lifeforms and aliens out there in the universe?-----------G-D doesnt tell us but with what i presently comprehend about G-D beings-------------if They want to make other lifeforms elsewhere They aren't going to ask our permission to do it and if i were a G-D being i would have made dinosaurs and the like to inhabit other worlds for my pleasure.if you had an unlimited amount of power and a super intellect would you just focus your full attention on beings like us that mostly show limited appreciation for you as their Maker ? i could be wrong-----but we feed some stray abandoned cats that have been dumped by their owners------sorry but they are nicer to deal with than mostly all our neighbours-----no doubt G-D has pets that give Them more pleasure than most of us.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
The only reason I can see for our Corporate Media to disclose information or evidence about UFO's and /or ET's would be on orders from those in government. Making sure the Great Masses are at least aware of the UFO/ET possibility is only to prep them for the time when our Rulers will use the threat of hostile aliens to further erode our freedoms, continuing the march to World Totalitarianism.

...of course, I may be totally wrong.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Your kidding me, the same skeptic - Well this is all very interesting. I have not seen the show was there video of what looked like Ufo's playing a lot as in the LK show. I wonder if the next major sighting will be we interupt this show for breaking news. LOL

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Has anyone considered that CNN may be testing the ratings waters on this after the 5th of November thing? I can imagine the phone lines burning as some of the media people reported back with bits and pieces from the bash. These types would switch sides in a heartbeat if they thought their ratings and viewer share would go up by two points.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Has anyone managed to record this program and upload it to youtube at all yet..??

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
The government wants to reveal to the world: "we are aliens who want to destroy you but have been keeping you alive to do our chores. Now that you've found the truth we must kill you in a kind of global gladiatorial combat so we are preparing a world war to wipe you out for entertainment purposes."

"It took you long enough to realise you were just created in our labs as an experiment to create workers and warriors to fight for us, which wasn't that much of a surprise as we deliberately blocked your memories and ensured you had low intelligence so you wouldn't be able to turn against your master."

"Instead of healing the earth by planting trees and concentrating on just farming, we had you making and manufacturing weapons to destroy earth as we got bored. The true reason you get reincarnated and then lose your memory is so that you can't get more knowledgable than us and develop too many skills over a lifetime and break from our prison. HAHahaha we also planted memories into your brains so you would think life had a purpose, just to keep you from killing yourselves to piss us off and wear out our soul recycling machines."

"It is no wonder that in many forms of entertainment like your movies and videogames and science fiction novels the aliens are the bad guys in them. You fantasise about killing us so we have no reason to treat you better than our pets. Mwahah keep dreaming. Our technology will always remain 100000 million years ahead of you"

[edit on 14-11-2007 by Snake Plisskin]

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I found a video of the Anderson Cooper segment on youtube. I think it is only half of the full segment though...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Yep, here is a better one (7m, 34 seconds):

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The skeptic is too close minded.

He seemed determined to get you to think it WAS lights in the sky, without having proof. He should have took a neutral stance: I can't prove either way if they were ufos, or lights, but there is not enough evidence to support that what you saw were intelligent lifeforms.

It's a bit different from saying I KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that what you saw wasn't alien spacecraft and then presenting the evidence to support the claim.

I think he would have come off better if he had taken a more more neutral position and not ruled out that they could have been ufos but due to not enough actual evidence, he remains doubtful because you can't just believe based only on the word of the witnesses. That would have been a more reasonable approach. Because unless you were there it's hard to believe aliens were ever there and since not many people have seen an alien up close, it can be compared to myths from the past. This is the best argument the skeptic has against the believer in aliens and ufos: that if they exist, why has virtually no one come forward with an alien for the rest of the world to see? Because people don't believe things they can't see, it would have made him come off as more logical than the guy saying "it MUST be an alien craft since these officials have no reason to lie.."

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I want to throw my two bits of information in on this.

Speaking as someone who has seen a 'ufo' at close range I hate that skeptic and his methods of debunking.

Nothing is more infuriating or insulting than when you open yourself up to ridicule by sharing your experience and get told by someone who wasn't even there what they think you saw. People need to get over their beliefs and start accepting the realities of the universe.

The fact is that these witnesses are telling the truth and the governments either have advanced technology that they created themselves or there are intelligent beings visiting Earth.

People wonder how 9-11 could be an inside job and secrets be kept so well. How could the governments have advanced aerial technology and keep it a secret so well? If they have it, what do they have or need it for if we aren't actively using it?

I know for a fact somebody has these 'ufos' because I have seen one in person. Was it aliens or humans on board?

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
thanks for the AC360 video. any links for the nov 12 press conference?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join