It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AC360: Are we Alone? Tonight 10PM EST

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Anderson Cooper is going to have a UFO dedicated show tonight at 10PM EST. I can't believe how much CNN is talking about UFOs for the last couples of weeks. Is this a sign of a progressive disclosure?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Tim Russert gets payback for an attempted campaign assassination?

Just a thought. More realistically, I would like to know what Mr. Russert's motivation was. In any case, a confluence of factors has squeezed this up the daydream pipeline and into the media-consciousness. How long will it last? Lets find out!

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Woah, that's awesome. This has really escalated.

Erf, I'll need to wake up at 5am to watch this.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I really hope someone Youtubes the CNN conference and the AC's show.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
B.B.C4 has a mars attacks evening on tonight....

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Wonder what his conclusions will be!?

( I'll make sure to hold my breath
)

Well it is good to have some more exposure - but it'd be nice if it were a respected journalist an not another CIA shill...

But - hey - you can't have disinfo without a little truth thrown in for credibility, eh?

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This is kinda nuts, but I wouldn't get all crazed. History Channel plays (crappy, silly, watered down as a White Castle fountain drink) alien documentaries constantly. could be some marketing campaign?

but wow the news Channels have never hyped aliens like this before... especially not without any major sightings... but this could just be some odd way of bostering falling ratings and the public being more and more weary of proaghanda... maybe throwing the alien subject on the table is making the media seem more open minded and unbiased, maybe on person?

or, going with my gut says something more like... maybe this is the end of the beginning of disclosure. The public is conditioned to accept aliens as a possibility now. The next step would be creating mainstream interest enough to maybe get another congressional hearing on the subject, start another "blue-book" - esque study grop..... but this time, be straightforward enough to allow the gruop to conclude the reality of the subject. Once the reality of the subject is disclosed, then sighting reports and individual contactee reports will continue to increase until eventual mass, mainstream prime time "official" contact...

and after that, one can only guess...

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sc4venger

Do you have a link to this show? The only one I could find did not mention this topic. Maybe it's on CNN international?

Here's what I found:
www.cnn.com...

STM

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by indierockalien

I like this reasoning... ratings... CNN is probably slipping to Faux News in the all-news programming, yet think about how much longer CNN's been in the game. This has to be a way to try and complete w/ Murdoch's News Corp giant...

Although, doing a little research, CNN seems to be the highest-rated station, tons of worldwide viewers, they've been broadcasting since 1980, look at these numbers:

CNN rates as America's number one cable news source. While the news network has numerous affiliates, CNN primarily broadcasts from its headquarters at the CNN Center in Atlanta, the Time Warner Center in New York City, and studios in Washington, DC. As of December 2004, the network is available in 88.2 million U.S. households and more than 890,000 American hotel rooms. The U.S version of their broadcast is also shown in Canada. Globally, CNN airs through CNN International and has combined branded networks and services that are available to more than 1.5 billion people in over 212 countries and territories.

en.wikipedia.org...-2
www.nielsenmedia.com...

[edit on 12-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I tend to agree that ratings are a big variable in the equation, anhinga. I think that if no one would watch this, they wouldn't bother doing it. The journalists involved, well, I would like to know how they really feel about doing these pieces.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I still want to ask Why. lol. Why Now? Why not 10 yrs ago? Why not 10 years from now? What is the main driving force behind all of these tv events? I hope this truly leads up to what many people want to happen: disclosure. Even if It is limited, the world adknowledging the fact that we aren't the only ones...Just that one simple statement would be profound. But then of course over time we would want to know more. And thus, gets the snowball rolling down the hill.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

By the way, where did you find this info? I can't find anything on the schedule.

It says for tonight:

A shocking story of abuse Washington wanted to keep secret! A husband takes an American flight home to his wife -- but never makes it there. You won't believe why.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Comatose]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I saw this announced on CNN late this afternoon when they did a brief piece on todays news conference.

I will be at work while this is on, so if anyone can get it up on google video it would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comatose

By the way, where did you find this info? I can't find anything on the schedule.

It says for tonight:

A shocking story of abuse Washington wanted to keep secret! A husband takes an American flight home to his wife -- but never makes it there. You won't believe why.

[edit on 12-11-2007 by Comatose]

Like Section8, That's what they said on CNN after they talked about the NPC event

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Always remember... the Govt doesn't disclose anything they don't want too, when they do disclose something they do it for a reason.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
They will talk about UFOs just after they finish with this women's death and plastic surgery stuff. I am recording it if someone want to see it I will put it on youtube tomorrow.

fred

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
is there somewhere to watch cnn online? i found this:

www.channelsurfing.net...

seems to be about american idol crap at the moment, and cnn's live stream at the site is cnni i think...

edit - yep that link is good enough, they are talking about the conference now...

[edit on 12 11Nov 07 by m3rlz]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ok, so the show isn't dedicated to UFOs, it will just be a segment within the show.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by m3rlz
is there somewhere to watch cnn online? i found this:

www.channelsurfing.net...

seems to be about american idol crap at the moment, and cnn's live stream at the site is cnni i think...

I also tried finding a live video stream when I was at work, all I have found is a audio only link on cnn.com.

On a side not, I like the fact that CNN presents the UFOs case in a more "this is no joke", "they aren't crack pots" way.

Before going to the break, Anderson said something like "its better to take it seriously cause these guys aren't joking".

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Ok, so the show isn't dedicated to UFOs, it will just be a segment within the show.

This is correct, they just didn't say they ll also discuss all those previous topics, my bad.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join