It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad TV and its real meaning (Mad TV Vids linked in post)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
For years I saw that show and thought it just stupid, not very funny, then one day 'I got the joke'

Watch the show from this perspective. Adult/Child metaphor for Elite/common people.

You will now see the joke from the elite perspectives.

And on a side note, did any of you think Alfred E Newman for President was just a silly tag line?

They got cheerleader, eye, tv putting to sleep, rats, and monkey refrence in this one
www.youtube.com...

Although maybe there is no symbolism, or maybe it is just because kids can't read it...

This of coarse assumes there perspective is that the common people are unknowing people who only live in evil and violence and want to get at them(common people being zombies). Them being there self proclaimed role of parents and authority.

I had the wrong vid linked above, fixed that. dang it.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This skit shows what would happen if the elite actually told us angry hateful children how things work

The witch is the elite with there secret knowledge
Dorthy is us kids.

video.google.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
And ofcoarse Stuart the child is the guy who does not appreciate his parents and is evil and gets into everything. (again from there perspective of commoners being evil, a perspective they permote to avoid empathy building)

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
SO when i watch it, i have to pretend that they are the elite making entertainment for the common people? I cant see how they can keep up an angle like that for over a decade.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

No they make comedy for everyone, but add a little symbolism for an inside joke.

And you can actually go all the way back 30+ years if you include the magazine.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I claim these skits are made from the perspective of the elite. They believe we would go after them if we could 'read' or know whats going on.

Who was it that said, "if they knew what we were up to there would overturn the system in a day"?

I want to make it clear this is the bunker mentality of the elite that wants to keep knowledge from us because they fear us knowing the truth of their actions.

Furthermore this is the way they teach each other and why the secret societies are secret. If the average people knew what they think of us 'no more then stupid violent zombies', would we allow them to continue to control things?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Mad TV is one of the few shows I still even own a television. I find it hilarious, but then again I am easily amused.

If anyone finds SNL even slightly amusing anymore, my perspective of comedy is seriously lacking.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I do agree that SNL uses comedy from the opposite perspective, but use many of the same vernacular as Mad TV, I guess writers are writers any where you go.

I am looking around for some good SNL clips I agree they would be a nice add to this thread. While looking around I found this clip which I find very funny and thought I would share it. It might be my dry humor, or its correlation with symbolic analysis, but either way I hope it makes others chuckle as well.

Not an SNL or Mad TV clip, just an odd somebody out there.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I went off topic in my own thread with last post, here is an ATS thread on Mad TV's ability to predict a future president

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just read Mad TV uses the saying "Taking you to a whole different level" I guess that is actually quite accurate.

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Redge777]

new topics

top topics

join