It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Endorsing Ron Paul?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

marge I totally disagree. There were LOTS of us that were freaking-out when Bush was closing in on the win. We knew that the S was about to HTF. Remember the move to Canada movement? What blew my socks across the room was that there were enough dunderheads to reelect him. Never mind that Kerry was a baffoon. At least putting him in would have interrupted the agenda that has gotten us to where we are today.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I would personally like to thank jso for starting this thread, which has turned out to be another ringing endorsement for Ron Paul.

Well, good then. He owes me a beer.

I bet I know who jso's gonna vote for, the guy that uses "9/11" as a verb, a noun, an adverb, a conjunction (junction what's your function), and a pronoun.

C'mon....tell me, am I close?

Peace

NO, I ain't voting for Rudy. I was going to vote for Steven Colbert until the Dem's forced him off the ticket, tho.

Maybe I'll write in a candidate. None of the current crop seems very appealing...

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Well so he did voted for some issues that I am completely against off.

Now what can you expect from politicians they all liars and deceivers.

Marg, I don't think you'll ever totally agree with any candidate. Nobody does; it's just not natural. You just have to choose who best matches your viewpoints on issues. And you should go by their record, not their promises!

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
But Marge, if Ron Paul were the same as all other politicians, then the Republican Party (Cheney's Republican Party) would be pushing him like chocolate peanut butter candy! He would be a shoe-in! But they hate him and will NOT let him win the nomination.

That should tell you something...

Just curious, BH...why do you think he's pretty much of an outsider in the GOP? I actually agree with many (most) of his positions, and he has been around Texas politics for a while, so I wonder why he's not more popular among the party elite?

I keep waiting for the closet door to open here. Not hoping, mind you, but wondering why.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Just curious, BH...why do you think he's pretty much of an outsider in the GOP?

Because he's not feeding the war machine. He wants to get out of Iraq and leave Iran alone. That does not go along with the REST of the Republicans and many of the Democrats. The Cheney Family (including Hillary and Obama) want more war, more oil, more power, money and more control over citizens. Paul wants just the opposite.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Raoul Duke

I'm fairly confident that I could defend Ron Paul's positions against any complains you have about them. Not to convert you, but to at least validate my own beliefs, and at most show one of us that there's a better way to think.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Because he's not feeding the war machine. He wants to get out of Iraq and leave Iran alone. That does not go along with the REST of the Republicans and many of the Democrats. The Cheney Family (including Hillary and Obama) want more war, more oil, more power, money and more control over citizens. Paul wants just the opposite.

Obama's war position is pretty much the same; he actually set 3/31/08 as a pullout date. And he's second only to Hillary. So there's got to be more..

RP has been around Washington a long while. I've done some digging into his record, and the guy is a Boy Scout. He delivers babies when he's not defending the Constitution.

The only thing I can see is the source of his campaign funds. Some interesting nuggets there: 99% come from individuals. He received over 26% of miliary donations, roughly the combined total of all other Republican candidates.

Combine this with the fact that he is against federal subsidies to large farm outfits and it looks like his base is the common man. He doesn't seem to have much support from big business, and we know what that means in the USA: an excellent local politician, but will never play in the big game.

Just my 02.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnmike
reply to post by Raoul Duke

I'm fairly confident that I could defend Ron Paul's positions against any complains you have about them. Not to convert you, but to at least validate my own beliefs, and at most show one of us that there's a better way to think.

I can tell you right now I want the US to remove its umbilical cord from the rest of the world in our attempts to free the world from itself. Ron Paul wants to pull back into an economic/trade only involvement and let the UN finally do its job. This is a fresh start over Bush’s eight years of military advancements and eight years of Clinton’s I’m not sure what it was involvement.

I want our borders secured and no amnesty to illegals. After that I’m open to a robust foreign worker’s program that is controlled, and I think he is the closest candidate to this.

I want large state foot print government and a much smaller federal footprint government and Ron Paul is all over this. The US should look more like 50 different countries under one federal government that links them. With this anyone can live in the state that best fits their views.
I do not like federally run social programs, and I’m against anything that socializes programs that are best left in the private market like health coverage, and so is Ron Paul.

If he can get through this all and get our constitution back on track where it should be I would say that would be more than enough success for me in the next four years, and we can worry about the gays, taxes, abortion etc for the following four years.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Jeez, I go to work and a "real" Ron Paul debate starts.

We as Americans, must, and I mean MUST, change our system. The current TWO party = ONE system is the system that Criminals in our Government want. As soon as Ross Perot started gaining some followers when he ran for President, all of sudden new Campaign reforms for third party candidates sprung up. Where are the Third party candidates in this election or even the last election??? I always remembered some candidate in all other elections who ran as Independants, Green Party, etc. who lent a different voice.

This is why I support Ron Paul. Not only does he lend a different voice, but he is actually bringing the Republican base BACK TO ITS ROOTS. Sure, Ron Paul doesn't like the idea of a Man marrying a Man, or vise versa, but he also WON'T ALLOW THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MANDATE TO STATES WHAT THERE LAWS ARE. This is the REAL fundamental reason to vote for Ron Paul.

Don't get caught up in his personal beliefs as they have no barring on how he will run the Government. He believes, as do I, that the STATES ACTUALLY HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE THERE OWN LAW!!! Go do some real research on the beginnings of the Republican party and the Democratic party, I mean WAY BACK IN THE BEGINNING, and you will see he fits quite nicely in what the NORMAL HUMAN BEING sees as fair and sees as the best way to LIVE THE AMERICAN DREAM.............

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Great post. And yes, since, oh, about 9/11, we've been inundated with the "You're either with us or against us" mindset to instill that really great team spirit that causes complete polarization that's famous in the divide and conquer model.

Ron Paul offers the option of uniting us again after the great Divider has had his way. People are being fooled into thinking that "Republican" and "Democrat" are the only viable options and that they actually represent different platforms, when really, a vote for either is a vote against the People.

Is this in Politics?

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Let's not delude ourselves. RP is currently running under the Republican party banner. He is, of course, a 10-term Republican Congressman. However, he has virtually no chance of getting the party's nomination. As a matter of fact 'the party' is doing everything they can to prevent the American people from even seeing or hearing RP.

Out of Iowa Debate?

So after the Convention, when the Republicans nominate their corporate whore, RP will undoubtedly be running as a third-party candidate. That's OK. That doesn't change anything.

Peopple have got to get out of this Republican/Democrat mindset. It's artificial. It is not 'the rules'.

And for people who are looking at RP and thinking he's some kind of radical anarchist and his ideas are some how the seeds of a revolution... you're wrong. His campaign would best be described as a 'retrolution'. All RP is saying is that we have a legal responsibility to return to the laws of this country. And those laws state clearly and unequivocally that government rests with the individuals and the states... not with the Feds. A quick read of The Constitution will make that abundantly clear. The problem is, most people don't take the time to question the status quo. It's high time they do.

RP may not be everyone's cup-of-tea. You may not see eye-to-eye with every one of his stances. But as has been pointed out, RP's vision of this country ---- which cooincidentally is the Constitution's vision of this country --- puts the powers back in the State's hands. So policies will be set at your State level. Not by RP. ALl he wants to do is give you and your state the opportunity to do what they were intended to do.

Last point (I promise)... RP isn't talking aboutb ending the war in Iraq so he doesn't shae Obama's POV in that regard. He wants to bring ALL of our military home --- worldwide.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by jtma508]

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Well given the sheer number of Ron Paul on AP I find it very hard to escape the feeling that some members joined ATS just to promote Ron candidacy . It may not be true but until the mods reign in the Ron Paul threads AP will be a less enjoyable place to post.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

It was a short flurry of posts related to Ron Paul's record setting online fundraiser.

I think you are safe now. If, however this happens again, and it's not addressed properly. Feel free to submit a complaint.

posted on Nov, 9 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Well given the sheer number of Ron Paul on AP I find it very hard to escape the feeling that some members joined ATS just to promote Ron candidacy . It may not be true but until the mods reign in the Ron Paul threads AP will be a less enjoyable place to post.

Do you have an irresistible urge to open every Ron Paul post and reply? If that is the case then I do feel for your dilemma, but if not then I suggest you just bypass them to the posts you are actually interested in.

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I think it's less a sign of an ATS endorsement as it is the people being fed up with the unfairness and inequality that the mainstream media shows to Ron Paul.

The internet and word of mouth are the only way Ron Paul can get his message out.

Peace

Right on Dr. Love!!!!- the net is the only true voice left for the American People- last time I checked we are the ones who count- our collective voices are supposed to be represented by elected officials chosen for the courage to speak for the majority by the majority....and not who the corporate and military owned media decides.

WE THE PEOPLE, FOLKS! We the people.

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I also wish to chime in with the good Doctor. Being that I do not believe that our votes count- its important for each of us to vote anyway. It will definitely let the powers that be no they are in the minority- not that they care much anyway.

Ron Paul is my candidate now (simply because he is the least of all evils) and I would like to see a politician live up his words and for lack of any better reason- what RP says is better than what the competition is spouting and his campaign behavior is far more enlightened than any we have seen- he is not accepting money from criminals like the rest of them.

Of course my cynical nature is he is being placed in the "peaceful" warrior position which would capture the hearts of Americans only to be led to an even worse slaughter. Knowing this possibility- I would rather be fooled into a shower than marched into one!!

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I'm not reading all this mess, but effing clearly.

If I wanted a squirrel to catch my nut it'd be that elf Kucinich.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RANT

Hi, Rant long time no see.

I don't like Kuchinich is something about him that gives me a bad vibe.

Perhaps is the name it sounds like Cochino in Spanish and a Cochino is a dirty pig.

Sorry but I have this name association I can not shake out.

[edit on 24-11-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raoul DukeTo tell you the truth maybe I'm a little jealous of you and the Ron Paul movement. I'm scratching my head over what is so appealing about this guy. Apparently you've discovered what it is that makes him so appealing.

Listen to him speak. Google Video.

Sri Oracle

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join