It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Endorsing Ron Paul?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Totalviligance, I will provide the links for you.......

So, Totalviligance, where exactly in these links do you so strongly disagree with you HEARING OF THE RON PAUL MESSAGE.....

[edit on 6-11-2007 by hoochymama]

[edit on 6-11-2007 by hoochymama]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Actually I agree with him on most issues and I also like to see changes in areas that are bad, have been bad and will continue to be bad that no one seems to have the willpower to fix but him. I like how he has adopted many libertarian views about bigger state governments and a smaller federal government, but all so keeping non-libertarian views such as border control.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

What part of off-topic don't you understand? If you want a debate, start a new thread.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Totalviligance, its not about starting a new debate its about finding your own voice.

If you so in tuned to following you will never be a leader.

All I am doing is trying to show you, based of your UNINFORMED statements about Ron Paul, that your wrong. My replies are only AFTER YOUR INFORMED VIEWPOINTS.

My On topic statement has already been made, any other statement I have made is because of your view points made in this thread based on what someone else said......

The point of this thread is of course if ATS is promoting a certain candidate. I don't believe ATS is promoting a certain candidate.....BUT I AM!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalvigilance
while I don't agree with most of Ron Paul's beliefs,

If you are a republican (or at least a non-demacrat) I am interested what you do not agree with in his message and his past 10 years of votes in congress?

If you are a democrat than I fully understand.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by totalvigilance

I'm not the poster you addressed, but I will answer for myself. ATS is user content generated. That means that it is the users that decide what is important. It seems that they have decided that Ron Paul is important.

ATS as the entity does not take a stand on a political candidate. But the users that generate the threads and posts are, and should, take a stand on what they think is important.

It seems that many of the users think that Ron Paul is important, and many are for him for President. This doesn't invalidate the idea of ATS being non-political in it's endorsements, for as an entity, it is not endorsing any candidate; the people are.

And the only reason this idea that ATS is *gasp* endorsing him is because some people want to stifle freedom of speech on this issue, and this is the only way they can find to try and make we users on ATS stop talking about him.

A lame left handed attempt at curbing a popular candidate.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
ATS Endorses No One

From the ever-popular-but-often-ignored AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use:

Originally posted by SimonGray
6b) Neutrality: AboveTopSecret.com LLP provides a forum for discussing a wide variety of subjects, but does not endorse any particular theory, opinion, viewpoint or position on any topic. Furthermore, though operating costs are supported by advertising and promotional revenue, AboveTopSecret.com LLP does not officially endorse or promote any commercial product or service.

No one can truly speak for all of us.

We can only speak for ourselves.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I'm afraid you're not getting what I'm talking about. This thread is *NOT* a pro/anti RP debate thread, it is a discussion of how the word is spread about him here on ATS. I'm not the least bit scared of debate, I just don't want the thread spiraling out of control.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

And you're trying to imply that because this is a popular subject on various threads, then ATS, as an organization, is promoting Ron Paul. Nothing could be further from the truth.

There are many threads on him because he is an ALTERNATIVE to the same old thing. And ATS users find alternatives to have appeal. This website is devoted to that which is alternative, so it is logical that there would be a large amount of attention paid to someone that speaks for this viewpoint.

I simply don't want our newer users to take your idea as THE truth here, and think this site is like all the others, a place with an agenda. The website, and the staff are not driving this; we the users drive this.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

No! Where the heck did I type that? Are you confusing me with another poster?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by totalvigilance
reply to post by NGC2736

Au contraire, I feel that Ron Paul is another political fad. So far we've had Taft, Goldwater, and Perot who all essentially promoted the same ideals but were more or less forgotten once they failed to become president.

Could it be I found it here? you veered off topic to speak against RP, yet you want everyone else to not do so.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I for one are sick of Ron Paul threads they are always more of the same whether or not it is about Ron's latest fund raising figures or him winning some txt poll .

If people want to raise a Ron related issue why not do it on this thread ?

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I didn't feel that it was off-topic, as I was directly addressing a point you made in your previous post. But even if I did make an off-topic post, that doesn't justify an outright derailing of the thread. Two wrongs don't make a right.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
totalvigilance, in hindsight, I may have been too harsh myself. I felt that you were taking the thread heading and trying to put that forward as an accusation. After re-reading the entire thread, I find that this may not be the case.

My public apology for "reading" more into what was said than might have been there. I stand corrected. I was in error, and I am man enough to admit it in the same thread where I spoke so harshly.

Again, my apology.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Apology accepted. So far, you are my favorite Ron Paul supporter. Maybe he's not so awful as I have thought.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
However be wary of the seemingly overwhelming support one sees for him on the internet, a recent story suggests that a significant portion of internet buzz about Ron Paul is actually the work of spammers and bot nets rather than real people. That might not be the source of the ATS craze with him, but on many other sites I would definitely considering support and enthusiasm suspect.

......wow, Ron Paul better get to work thanking all those bots and spammers for the $4.2 million they donated on the 5th then.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would like to note, for the record, that I endorse Ron Paul fully and I am pretty sure that the Square, Trapezoid, and Dodecahedron do as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by The Parallelogram

Yes, but Circle, Hexagram, and Pentagram are not on board yet. Though I hear from reliable sources that Oblong is still undecided on just how he will shape up on this.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
At least a couple people said they didn't think that Ron Paul necessarily supported the Libertarian Party's views. So that website I linked also has Ron Paul's specific positions/votes: www.ontheissues.org...

Additionally I've taken some time to go through some of Paul's votes/positions myself:

Ron Paul voted for:
1)Putting Attorney General Gonzales in charge of domestic electronic spying.

2)Eliminating the Estate Tax, a tax that applies to the 0.27% wealthiest of U.S. citizens.

3)Making Bush's tax cuts for the rich permanent.

4)Banning gay adoptions in D.C.

5)Eliminating affirmative action in college admissions.

6)The bankruptcy bill pushed by the credit card companies.

7)Drilling in ANWR.

He voted against:
1)Raising the minimum wage to a level comparable to that of the 1980s.

2)Statehood for D.C. whose residents have no voting representation in Congress.

3)Allowing stockholders to approve executive pay.

4)Strengthening the Social Security lockbox.

5)Restricting employer influence in union organizing.

6)OSHA's ergonomics rules, which protect workers against things like carpal tunnel syndrome.

7)Requiring lobbyists to disclose bundled donations.

8)Banning soft money political contributions.

9)Raising CAFE standards.

Paul was given a 37% rating by The League of Conservation Voters, compare that to Dennis Kucinich who received 100%.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join