It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dictatorship in the USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Is Bush going to be an American Dictator? Here are a few of the steps he has taken towards that goal. The Patriot Act . www.aclu.org... . The Military Commision Act of 2006. en.wikipedia.org... . Allowing Toture, secret imprisonment, indefinite imprisonment with out a trial, and bypassing Habeas Corpus by naming someone as an Enemy combatant.
Modifying the Insurrection Act as part of the 2007 Defense Authorization Bill. en.wikipedia.org... . Allowing Bush to place US troops on US soil to enforce law, power to take control of the lower 49 states National Guard units without Govenor authorization, effectively bypassing Posse Comitatus Act of 1878.
The $385 million dollar contract awarded to KBR which is owned by Halliburton to build detention camps in the US. capable of holding 400,00 people . www.worldnetdaily.com... . The contracts awarded to BlackWater as police enforcement in the US. www.npr.org... .
Just a few more steps before it is to late.............

[edit on 5-11-2007 by Osyris]

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
private security has been doing police work in small towns all over the us before anyone knew who blackwater was.
if the us ever had a king or dictator i for one would either
A)like it to be me
or
B)bush would do a fine job.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes he is but apparently we dont care.

All is well, we still go to work, have our homes, can get pizza delivered, beer, soda, etc.

Nothing to worry about (apparently)Parkistan is a dry run to test the waters to see how easily it can be done then Bush will take the plunge.

No wonder he's laughing every day.

Life is good, isnt it?

ps. If people really knew the oppresion of a dictatorship they'd be in the streets demanding Bush & Co. OUT.

But, this is America, how bad could a dictatorship get, really???

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Nothing to worry about (apparently)Parkistan is a dry run to test the waters to see how easily it can be done then Bush will take the plunge.

That is what I thought when the news hit. I really hope it's a wrong perception.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I've been saying for years that Bush was trying to be a dictator.
My extended family members and various others have looked at me like I was some kind of 3 headed alien when I mention this. Oh well, time will definitely tell.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by CelticMist
I've been saying for years that Bush was trying to be a dictator.
My extended family members and various others have looked at me like I was some kind of 3 headed alien when I mention this. Oh well, time will definitely tell.
I also have been telling people HERE for years and family and friends. Would that be a three headed yellow alien?
I know the feeling, trust me.

I would much rather be wrong than right on this one. I hope i am wrong.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Going to be a dictator?

Did everybody forget Florida 2000 and Ohio 2004?

Of coarse most dictators have a well bought and paid for legislative branch, just for show, and a controlled media, o well nevermind.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
if he is the president after the 2008 election.. then ill read this thread.. otherwise this is rather a stupid thought.. no president matters longer than 8 years.. i mean after the 4 or 8 years.. his Current thoughts dont matter. dictator? next youll say he's hitler even tho he got his stipend after 8 years. dubulya (w) bush.. is a retard.. not a dictator.. seriously..

-G

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i mean simpy put.. bush cannot run for president again.. you think he'll mind control whoever is president? he's a moron.. i dont even understand this thread at all..

maybe if we all lived in russia or something..

-G

[edit on 6-11-2007 by GlahES]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
What if, in order, to maintain a good dictatorship, is neeeded to lead by the democracy first? Then, after the good times of democracy, the dictatorship can come in the way?

I'm not saying the dictatorship is healthy in any way, but what if? Would Bush make the good dictator?

Meh, I'm not sure anymore.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   
what if i spun in my chair for an hour and threw up on bush?

what if bush didnt havea belly button?

maybe then he could be labeled satan as well as moron..

he reminds me of beavis, really. "heh.. heh heh.."

just waiting for him to proclaim himself the "great cornholio"

-G

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
people need rulers because they have forgotten how to manage themselves in the community they live. This is why police have naturally become oppressive from back when the earliest civilised cultures started. because stupid people cant control themselves. Sometimes what looks like injustice, is pure practicaltiy, sometimes it is worse, and not anything but oppression to protect a position.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There's a new book out on this.

Naomi Wolf, The End of America: chelseagreen.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by GlahES
if he is the president after the 2008 election.. then ill read this thread.. otherwise this is rather a stupid thought.. no president matters longer than 8 years.. i mean after the 4 or 8 years.. his Current thoughts dont matter. dictator? next youll say he's hitler even tho he got his stipend after 8 years. dubulya (w) bush.. is a retard.. not a dictator.. seriously..

-G

It dosent madder if he's in the whitehouse after 2008.
have you ever heard of the majestic 12?
12 levels of security higher than the presedent.

here is a list of names consisting the majestic 12 in 1947:
Adm. Roscoe H. Hillenkoetter
Dr. Vannevar Bush
Secy. James V. Forrestal
Gen. Nathan F. Twining
Gen. Hoyt S. Vandenberg
Dr. Detlev Bronk
Dr. Jerome Hunsaker
Mr. Sidney W. Souers
Mr. Gordon Gray
Dr. Donald Menzel
Gen. Robert M. Montague
Dr. Lloyd V. Berkner

you will notice the name Dr. Vannevar Bush.
i wonder if there is any connection?

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This one is for the "if maybe we lived in Russia" person:

Were have you been for the past 8 years?

I only hope that the Bushies don't succeed in their final effort of Invading Iran before they are thrown out of office.

new topics

top topics

join