It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid Building - ever notice the deliberate mistake ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

Well, sometimes its how to play people who dont respond to questions such as "where are the ancient reports of how the pyramids were built" and instead say "you have no idea of egyptology and have only read crap".

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
i answered that question in my last post
you are saying then that you are not as dumb as you first appear, so why try to appear dumb in the first place, surely just asking a serious question in a serious manner would be better

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This question, like so many, remains unanswered. Many more will have to be r evised. But go ahead and continue acting like its all figured out. I will stop posting here though because I am off thread topic and derailing this thread.

See you soon in another thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I already said I answered it, I repeated that in my last post

this post, like so many will probably remain unread

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky

they were all put in the local public library so that Tomb robbers could use them to find the easiest route to the treasure

where are the plans for the USAF latest Jet ?

[edit on 7-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

Thats supposed to be an answer?

And stop the name calling.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
You're saying I called you a name ?
heres your description of yourself

I use provocative statements to get advocates of contemporary views (such as you) to come forward with more conclusive information than has been offered up to now.

heres a wiki definition of an internet troll

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the intention of baiting users into an argumentative response

condemned by your own mouth

if the boot fits

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.bosnianpyramid.com...

samuraidave.wordpress.com...

paranormal.about.com...

most of history turns to garbage after a few thousand years. all archaeologists will admit is that they are still trying to solve why there are so many pyramids outside Egypt.. but there are no records from the pharaohs as having ever been out there. I personally think that pangea split about 5 thousand years ago " in the days of Peleg"-genesis. and doesn't mean dinosaurs at all. It's all theory anyway thats why they are still writing books. and the controversy is quit legit and alive.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
i answered that question in my last post
you are saying then that you are not as dumb as you first appear, so why try to appear dumb in the first place, surely just asking a serious question in a serious manner would be better

comments like that have no place in this forum.. I hope the mods remove your posts..

[edit on 7-11-2007 by DIRTMASTER]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

You think I was serious when posting that?

Thanks for clarification Dirtmaster.

And to you kerkina walsky: If you open a thread on the pyramids, I will gladly have a heated debate with you, but I hesitate continuing to do it here because its OFF-TOPIC.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

You think I was serious when posting that?

Thanks for clarification Dirtmaster.

And to you kerkina walsky: If you open a thread on the pyramids, I will gladly have a heated debate with you, but I hesitate continuing to do it here because its OFF-TOPIC.

Im cool with that. but who started the side slang? not that I'm trying to start more. Its js just always borderline on insanity in the forums. did you at least look at the pangea puzzle including the european ones. its kinda funky..

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTMASTER

Its js just always borderline on insanity in the forums. did you at least look at the pangea puzzle including the european ones. its kinda funky..

I saw you mention it in this thread, but I dont know what it is. Elaborate.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
RE: pyramid builders
It was the same thing that happened to the USA. The powerful realized that they only needed to make things look good, not be good. They pocketed money ment for structural integrity. They whitewashed bull.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Im cool with that. but who started the side slang? not that I'm trying to start more. Its js just always borderline on insanity in the forums. did you at least look at the pangea puzzle including the european ones. its kinda funky..

Pangaea or Pangæa (IPA: /pænˈdʒiːə/[1], from παν, pan, meaning entire, and γαια, gaia, meaning Earth in Ancient Greek) was the supercontinent that existed during the Paleozoic and Mesozoic eras about 250 million years ago, before each of the component continents were separated into their current configuration.

en.wikipedia.org...

you have some studying to do

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Beautiful.

Now, as soon as you open a thread with the title "The Pyramids are NOT 10 000 years old", you will have some studying to do.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Its js just always borderline on insanity in the forums. did you at least look at the pangea puzzle including the european ones. its kinda funky..

I saw you mention it in this thread, but I dont know what it is. Elaborate.

When I was a young'n I saw Pangea on the map 3 years before I ever heard the words continental drift in elementary school. I would just look at the huge map and my brain would compulsively slap the contents together.. so perhaps I'm predisposed to the Idea.. I don't have a copy or map of it to post so I'll describe part of it and try to hunt a copy down online..

on the American side some important notes are that the continental shelf is east of the gulf of Mexico and the greater Antilles/ Island region and was actually dry land before the split. due to the change the region shifted below sea level. basically Mexico and central America were twice as wide as they are now...Africa on the other hand with the exception of the northern most portion was sea bed.. a discovery in the last few years. [and a major reason why it is so hard to adapt plants to its soil. just a side note) when the southern portion of the plate went up the northern went down causing the Mediterranean sea... so the Atlantic was over most of Africa not west of it.. during pangea that is.. the north Atlantic disappears altogether and north America links to northern Europe. so what does all that do as per Pyramids? you end up with a horse shoe of pyramids around the then Atlantic form the south America to the Yucatan to the then southern Europe also linked to Egypt [no Mediterranean]

Or to simplify All the pyramid regions link up direct around the pangea Atlantic as one civilization.. after the split lessor and younger civilizations would have moved in repeatedly long after those people disappear from history.

no proof just a link of Pyrimids that happens to fit the pangea map.. it's ok to tell me that I'm on illegal drugs or something (I'm not) I wont take it personally.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DIRTMASTER

ok, now I get it. Interesting idea. That would put the building of the pyramids back a bit more than 10 000 years, wouldnt it.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

reply to post by DIRTMASTER

ok, now I get it. Interesting idea. That would put the building of the pyramids back a bit more than 10 000 years, wouldnt it.

about 250 million years, thats quite a bit

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 11:02 PM
link   
250 million years - a pipsqueak!

If you want to build a raised platform, the easiest, less prone to collapse, is a ........wait for it.......a pyramid shape.

The pyramids built in various parts of the world were for different purposes:

The mesopotamian ones were for the location of temples, mesoamerican ones were built in layers (and renewed repeatedly) also with temples on the top and occassionally as burial sites. Egyptian ones were used exclusively as tombs or central aspects of burial/mortuary temples.

Ah KW and Skyfloating could I recommend you both moderate the language? We're here to discuss areas of mutual interest.

Oh in answer to "what is in debate" amongst Egyptologists?

Link to the Hall of Ma'at and a discussion of what is currently in debate in Egyptology

One interesting point and something I had forgotten about is that most Egyptologists are Cultural Anthropologists and not Archaeologists, this is very true and they see things differently.

I have also noted that fringe writers are the ones guilty of acting like they know all the answers.....

[edit on 7-11-2007 by Hanslune]

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hey out there, sorry I haven't replied to any comments in the last couple of days ... was called away unexpectedly. Just about to read through the posts with a strong coffee by my side and get back to you soon

posted on Nov, 8 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
If I could use a modern day example...

Compare churches now in 2007.

A lot are just in community halls or very humble churches.
Compare them to the Cathedrals of old.

To someone viewing from the future, wouldn't this person think the same about the architecture and design of churches as you the OP think of the decline in Pyramids?

Will future generations, hundreds of years from now, think the same about our deviation from cathedrals, castles and all the old gothic buildings and see our sparce architecture of today and say that we lost all our ingenuity?

No, that isn't what is happening. We could still build an old fashioned cathedral today IF WE WANTED TO.

Its just that styles change and also time has proven that those old cathedrals had their problems.
Too dank and musty, the moisture rots the bricks, no ventilation, not to mention they cost a fortune to build just for something pretty to look at.
They weren't really functional.

As for the Pyramids, maybe the same thing happened??

Maybe it was a lack of funds, the style was becoming old hat, people felt that it no longer needed to be in such detail and depth to do the same job, hence the sketchier ones that you mention decades later.

It doesn't have to be a mystical reason why things disappear over time.
Sometimes they just do for practical reasons.

[edit on 8-11-2007 by Flighty]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join