It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramid Building - ever notice the deliberate mistake ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
reply to post by kerkinana walsky

Interesting kerkinana, but I notice you didn't mention the lack of glyphs in the Great Pyramid or the artwork in the subteraneous chambers of the later structures

Perhaps a bit like the way our (wealthy) ancestors a few hundred years back would be buried in fancy mausoleums - whereas today they just go in a simple box into the ground
Or how 300 years ago our homes had huge portraits and landscape paintings on every wall whilst today they might be entirely unadorned ....

Fashions (and financial priorites) change.

The Egyptians went from big impressive but unadorned pyramids to smaller, simpler, elaborately adorned pyramids

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the progression of ok-great-poor pyramids symbolizes the right - right/left - left hemisphere use, yes?

What I like about that, is that I have never heard it before. That means you are using your own mind to think and intuit...something that is sadly lacking in most people who simply repeat what they read somewhere.

This doesnt mean I agree with you though. I think the pyramid conditions are indicative of how advanced they were, and therefore indicative of being more advanced in earlier dynasties. Of course being more advanced could mean using both brain hemispheres, but I am not so sure if they deliberately built low quality pyramids in order to make that point.

Interesting nevertheless.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
From my own research based on the work of Edward Kunkle the great pyramid is just the most fantastic hydro dam. There are no reputible hyroglyphs inside it because you don't put writeing on moveing parts that will be totaly immersed in water.

I have no idea exactly how it works because I have not been able to speculate what kind of dynamo (if it would be a dynamo) would occupy the grand galley. Nor can I tell how electricity would be transmited IF it was built to generate electricity. However, based on the hydraulic ram pump design Kunkel did develope a new type of pump that used air pressure and gravity compunded.

Understanding the mystery of the great pyramid should be taken into context with some of the other egyption mysteries; such as the pharos light bulb, the bagdad battery, the air plane model, gold plated jewlery by means of electrolisas ect , ect... At one point in that regions' history they were highly technologicaly advanced. Then something happened to them. What exactly is not known but others moved in and imitated what they found. and poorly. Hence the other lesser pyramids.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
or perhaps the variations in the Pyramids
was because each was designed for a unique personnage.

just as in any of today's city skylines, one will see a variety of
architecture...some ultra modern, others being classical or
even overly ornate...
different architecture & styles to commemorate/memoralize different
'heros' and their accomplishments.

i think that looking at the pyramids as a progression in engineering &
technological achievement is a off-the-mark viewpoint...
these were all top of the line structures, each havings it's own unique
character

whenever some older pyramid 'memorialized individual' fell out of favor,
a deconstruction would result, severing the spiritual connection (of the dead 'hero') with the living society & culture

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I think you have it backwards and the perfect pyramids were built first followed by the others. Humans trying to copy the perfect ones.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Here Now
I think you have it backwards and the perfect pyramids were built first followed by the others. Humans trying to copy the perfect ones.

The Egyptians would have been more than capable of reproducing the Great pyramid if that was the case. Its not.

One dont even have to go 4000 years back to theorize why the Egyptians never made more of the grand pyramids. Modern day examples is more than enough.

For example, why isnt there a Statue Of Liberty in every American city?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by merka]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think the answer is:

"They Don't Build Them Like They Used To"

Maybe the 5th and 6th dynasty builders (and maybe the Pharoh) tried to cut costs with their pyramids, thinking they could save money and resources by building them slightly differently than the Giza pyramids. Their "cost cutting" measures maybe didn't matter for 900 years -- the pyramids maybe still looked good even after that time. But the maybe that cost cutting took its toll on the buildings a couple thousand years later.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
consider this:
the gizeh complex is older than the egyptians themself...regarding the sphinx....wich was originlly a lion...
egypt claims that they build the piramids...on the hand on evidence they found..( remains of ramps/camps and wooden rollers)

but can't it be that wat they have found was used to disamble the piramid's??/ its all known that the top layer of the piramids was removed for cheep bricks to build Cairo ..the triangular shaped stones are found there..
ofcourse the egyptians have tried to copy the piramyd's.. but never succeded in it..............

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

... after more than a decade of research into Ancient Egypt (both othodox and esoterical data)

I think this says it all really

Care to share some estorical data with us?

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
careful Fett, you almost spelled "hysterical"

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
My thought is very controversial. some of the largest and oldest pyramids are being dug up in Europe and Asia... If you include those with the Egyptian region ones then slap Pangea together.. they also conglomerate with the pyramids in south and central America.. the Egyptians did not build the old ones.. just the new which is the cause of the design flaws in the new..the Egyptians dug the old ones out the way archaeologists are now in the northern regions. many of the old ones don't have hieroglyphs either..

A massive ancient civilization outside our history books. but thats just me..

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Diamagnetism was discovered, forgotten, and discovered again in just the last 100 years.

It seems to me to be fesible that they would have perfected a technology to build pyramids, only to lose it later. What happened was the aliens came. They saw these guys trying to build pyramids, they said hey this is how it's done, they built a few, helped them build a few more, then left. A few pyramids later, they forgot a couple of the steps.

Why the obscure spelling of Giza? Gizeh is used repeatedly, it's acceptable, but inefficient as it contains more letters.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTMASTER
My thought is very controversial. some of the largest and oldest pyramids are being dug up in Europe and Asia...

no they aren't where did you get that data from ?

If you include those with the Egyptian region ones then slap Pangea together.. they also conglomerate with the pyramids in south and central America..

Pangea was around at the time of the dinosaurs. are you saying dinos built the pyramids. that would explain how they moved the larger blocks then

the Egyptians did not build the old ones..
the oldest pyramid in egypt is that of Djoser at Saqquara. It is a step pyramid. No one not even pseudohistorians has ever claimed it was built by anyone but Egyptians

just the new which is the cause of the design flaws in the new..

the new ones as you put it are just as old as the old ones. more than 4000 years old. the only newer pyramids than those in egypt in Africa are in the Sudan.

the Egyptians dug the old ones out the way archaeologists are now in the northern regions. many of the old ones don't have hieroglyphs either..

which northern regions ?

A massive ancient civilization outside our history books. but thats just me..

you'd best stick with "aliens did it" at least that way the non existent evidence works for you

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
OK, I'll take a shot at it.

Granted, I did not have a lot of time to read the entire thread, I am work, so sorry if someone already said this.

Back in the day, when they were building these pyramids they had evil people too, not just in todays world. They began to see what we now call tomb or grave robbers. As they built more elaborate pyramids, these robbers assumed even more riches would be buried along with their perfect GODS. Well, to prevent the grave robbers from stealing from the GODS, they began to make less elaborate and even unattrractive pryamids, all the while still making elaborate insides of the tombs.

Eventually I think they ended up just making tombs into sides of HUGE rocks, but continuing to make elaborate and more and more decorative dwellings for their GODS. IF my memory serves me correct, King Tuts tomb was just that. No pyramid involved for the boy KING. We went from elaborate pyramids to the hidden valley of the kings...all because of grave robbers.

Well, is it plausible?

Do I win anything??????

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Let me explain;

Then for some 'inexplicable' reason, by the end of the 5th and throughout the 6th dynasty's ... it would appear that these superb structural engineers lost their touch
The pyramids of these latter two dynasty's only remain today, as piles of indistinguishable rubble).

An analogy for this bizarre senario would be; Henry Ford producing his first motor cars. Then continuing over the years to make djustments/refinements until his company reached the pinnacle of success with the modern-day top of the range models.

Then imagine if you will, the manufacturers of these streamline, aerodynamic cars, simply waking-up one morning ... having completely forgotten how to build them

Well it's a nice thread but can't help it not to mention that the above excerpt I've read it long time ago. Maybe Fingerprints of the Gods (not too sure) but I'm 100 % sure that a good part of your first post is not yours.

[edit on 6-11-2007 by Telos]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Originally posted by Here Now

The Egyptians would have been more than capable of reproducing the Great pyramid if that was the case. Its not.

One dont even have to go 4000 years back to theorize why the Egyptians never made more of the grand pyramids. Modern day examples is more than enough.

For example, why isnt there a Statue Of Liberty in every American city?

[edit on 6-11-2007 by merka]

Its great you have your theories but if you want to learn more then I suggest you read

"Journeys to the Mythical Past" by Zecharia Sitchin.

Who writes about the unearthed evidence of the pyramids being falsely miss dated on purpose. He goes on to say that the original pyramids were even part of an advance SPACEPORT on earth. He also talks about the evidence behind his theories from his own accounts.

I never step foot in them, so I wouldnt know how old they really were. I do think with all the books written about advanced cultures that its highly possible they were built for another purpose and that slaves had nothing to do with building them.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
and when you've finished reading Sitchin perhaps you'd like to take in the new "Harry Potter" or maybe even "Tintin" as you'll find them just as valuable as Zechariah in learning about real history.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The Great Pyramid of Giza, also known as "Enoch"s Pillar" is a technological marvel far superior to anything around it. And it is the only pyramid to have incorporated with in it the prophetic message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. God incorporated his plan of salvation in stone before the great flood. it is God's "I told you so" for this scientific generation. No wonder those who oppose God will not own up to it. But it is still there. Isaiah 19:19.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

the 4th dynasty they had pyramid-building down to a fine art. As can be seen with the breathtaking examples on the Gizeh Plateau.

Egyptology of course places the grate pyramid in the 4th dynasty though archeology places the date at between 9000 and 11,500 years ago. Slightly before the Egyptians were there as a civilization. That would account for the poorly constructed pyramids of the 3rd and 5th compared to the great pyramid.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Egyptology places it in the fourth dynasty as you say
Archaeology places it around 2500bce, which is halfway through the fourth dynasty

only people who don't know what theyre talking about place it between 9000 and 11,500 years ago

[edit on 7-11-2007 by kerkinana walsky]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join