It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Seeking Answers About Masonry From a Mason's POV

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Don't tell me that you are one of those believers in the Davinci Code

Actually there is nothing new in the DaVinci code. All of the theories presented
have been around for many years. The Marraige/bloodline theory made its debut in mainstream literature nearly 30 years ago. And that was not the first.

I have found references to the Magdalene sects as early as the 6th century. As
well as references to the Gnostic writings as early as the 2nd century.

This mention of the Gnostic texts gives them the same claim to truth and veracity as your gospels. maybe even more as they were not written for a roman audience and because they were assaulted by the fledgling roman church.

The Mary with the cherry faerytale is just a way to hide the fact the mary and joseph were "banging in the back seat" and got caught. It kept her from being stoned and him from being killed by her family.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit7

to quote CTRL C what you want to quote, press the yellow baloon icon and CTRL V into the script box, then type your reply outside of the [] brackets, preferably one line down.

Oh yeah? I'm curious now. What religion might that be?

None of your concern quite honestly. I am not one to throw my religion around to become a spectacle, especially in a fashion like yours where it becomes an embarrassment.

4.5 billion of your "fellow" non-believers. What society are you speaking of?

Are you dense?

Only roughly, very roughly, 2 billion people are Christian. That is an over estimate. You know that of course? ... 1 billion of those are Catholics.

Its also the fastest DROPPING religion in the world. Did you know that?

Out of the 2 billions Christians some 30% are non practicer, you know, go to church on Christmas and Easter. If they wake up in time.

This also includes all of the little Christian sects, like Mormonism, Jehovah, I don't even see much "Christianity" in those religions.

That leaves, not exempting all the non practicing Christians leaving it at 2 billion, 4.5 billion NON CHRISTIANS.

Guess the vast majority of the world is in the same boat as evil Freemasons, banished to Hell.

I sense I am getting warmer.

Mmm not so much my friend.

Don't tell me that you are one of those believers in the Davinci Code (sigh).

No, not really. I believe in history, and that we don't know the past, we hardly understand the past, and that the Bible is not a source of accurate history.

So what is so sacred about Geometry?

I am not one to put faith in geometry so I have no idea.

posted on Nov, 11 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I don't think that Freemasons are evil. I think they are mis-directed and on the wrong path. I think Freemasonry, obviously deturs people from Christianity based on what I've seen so far. It bothers me then, that the Holy Bible is used in your religous ceremonies. I feel like it's being mocked.

Why can't you be nice and just say what your religion is? Are you afraid?

So why then does your religion refer to it as "the sacred geometry"? And please don't give me the same old tiring response that I should join.

I don't know, but I guess I would rather choose an open and honest religion in Christianity rather then yours.

BTW, I hardly think the Freemasons are evil, corrupted yes. My father-in-law practicly admitted to me that he is one and I think that he's one heck of a guy.

From what I've seen is that the Freemasons are some of the most paranoid bunch that I've ever seen. Aside from the characters on my wifes soap operas of course.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
I don't think that Freemasons are evil. I think they are mis-directed and on the wrong path. I think Freemasonry, obviously deturs people from Christianity based on what I've seen so far. It bothers me then, that the Holy Bible is used in your religous ceremonies. I feel like it's being mocked.

You're certainly entitled to your opinions, but I'm entitled to mine as well. Personally, it bothers me that evangelical fundamentalists use the Bible, as I feel that then it's being mocked. In Masonry, the Holy Bible is the Great Light of the Fraternity, the trestleboard containing the plans by which the craftsman must work. It's not used in Freemasonry to persecute and belittle others, as it is in so many other traditions.

I don't think anybody's afraid to say what their religion is. Mine is Episcopalian, with a large dose of Gnosticism, Kabalism, Buddhism, and Taoism thrown in for good measure.

So why then does your religion refer to it as "the sacred geometry"? And please don't give me the same old tiring response that I should join.

My religion doesn't say anything about "sacred geometry". Sacred Geometry was a school of philosophy led by the ancient Greek philosopher and mathematician Pythagoras. It's an interesting subject for philosophers and deep thinkers to study, but is not a strictly a religious discipline.

From what I've seen is that the Freemasons are some of the most paranoid bunch that I've ever seen. Aside from the characters on my wifes soap operas of course.

OK...so which Mason is paranoid?

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit7
I don't think that Freemasons are evil. I think they are mis-directed and on the wrong path.

This is a strange thing to say. Freemasons are on a number of different paths, all of their own choice. My path is to follow the Lord Jesus Christ, could you explain to me (in your own words) how this is mis-directed?

I think Freemasonry, obviously deturs people from Christianity based on what I've seen so far.

Which is a lot less than I've seen, clearly. Freemasonry supports and strengthens my relationship with God in every way. Freemasonry is saturated in Christian teachings and is ABSOLUTELY INSISTENT that freemasons maintain and develop the faith of their choice.

It bothers me then, that the Holy Bible is used in your religous ceremonies. I feel like it's being mocked.

I think, again, you are coming from a position of lack of knowledge. It is the same thing as complaining about George Bush taking his presidential obligation on the Holy Bible because he is an "evil warmonger". It's all perspective.

I've stated this a-plenty. I'm a Christian, and proud of it.

There is no reference to "the sacred geometry" in Christianity, which is my religion. This question makes no sense.

Ditto ML. Defending something I love is not paranoia. Whether that be my God, my family, my country or my freemasonry you'd better be quite sure you know what you are talking about.

If you want to understand what freemasonry is about go back and read your Bible. 1 Corinthians 13 is a good place to start. And then move on to John 13 :34.

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Well that killed that thread then.

Shame really because I was hoping to have a conversation with Spirit7.

It seems that whenever a mason does something which doesn't fit into the box "society" has shaped for him, confusion reigns and no-one knows how to respond.

Truth of the matter is... boxes are silly. Particularly when applied to such a heterogeneous group as freemasons.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Spirit7

I don't believe your silence on this thread means you've bought in to my argument in any way. However, a couple of months down the line I'd be interested if your opinion about freemasonry has altered any.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Trinityman

This is an excellent thread. I've just become a freemason, and am also a christian with a relationship with jesus christ. However, from what I understand this should not matter at all. If the freemasons presented me with something I did not wish to believe and follow I would not accept it... If this meant them cutting my throat, my acceptance of christ would then come into play (no?). And that, frankly, is a ridiculous senario that wouldnt happen.

Trinity... I think you are spot on with your posts.

Spirit... I totally see where you are coming from, but did you ever consider that those who understand true christianity could just say no and quit if they were uncomfortable (regardless of consequences that may follow no matter how undesirable).

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Duolos

hi there, masonry very simply is witchcraft.it attempts to impose globally a world without God and attempts to infiltrate and overthrow governments to establish a new world order (the age of aquarius)..where lucifer is worshiped as God and christians and Jehovah are anti this new world order and they believe not that christ Yeshua is the son of God and that we are saved by Him but rather that good works will help them attain christhood and that everyman can be God ,,,ultimately it is satanic and their belief system is the goal of satan from the beggining to deify himself and make man worship him. nowadays we should realize that satan is come down to earth and masons are actively working to serve him and this will lead because people say its cospiracies etc to satan deceiving the world as masons do but there is nothing christian at all about masonry in fact it is witchcraft of the highest order,,including curses over your family belief in lucifer and everything satanic even including other religious groups but only to absorb them into lucifarianism...masons serve satan.thus the attempt at a one world currency so you cant buy without the mark of the beast and a one world religion but christians will not bow to another God so no well informed christian can be a mason unless he knowingly bows to satan . things you can ask your husband are this: are we saved as christians through faith in christ or by works...masonry believes in works...
but be carefull they are seeking to impose the system of the beast of revelations and it will happen as we know...pray for your husband only jesus can save him but he will have to renounce masonry...it is witchcraft .also you get 33 levels of masonry ie. levels of initiation where they are gradually included in secret knowledge,,,this knowledge is ultimately a closer allegiance to this satanic agenda of global anarchy and luciferianism,,,satan worship....read rev,,,about the mark of the beast and satans agenda to be worshipped..its a characteristic of satan from genesis through to revelations..God bless

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This post is old, and an anonymous bumped it. I know replying to anonymous posters is a pointless affair on old bumped threads, but sometimes I just do it anyways. Before I respond, I often ponder how people come up with this I mean - how can someone be so absolutely misinformed when the correct information is so easy to find? Do people simply wish to believe anything they read?

The poster seems to have read every conspiracy theory on the planet and has attempted to tie them all together in one impossibly huge, behemoth conspiracy. Anyways, the simple FACTS are that no one in worshiped in freemasonry - not Satan, not Lucifer, not Jehovah, not Jesus, not anyone. This would be because it is not a religion.

Freemasons are commanded to obey the laws of their land and uphold ideas of liberty and equality - quite the opposite of the fictional NWO.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

hi there, im see im dealing with someone who obviously cant understand that the world is being ruled by a angel and that men are capable of serving such a fallen being. i know though that in real life not what man wants to believe in all his great wisdom of recking the planet with all the knowledge at his disposal you can only choose 2 sides...believe that man is like God and believe satan or believe what the bible says and believe in one God.thats what it comes down to for man in the end,,if you havent realized that thats what everything around you is about youre in for a surprise.masons though do serve lucifer , and anyone who denies that knows nothing about witchcraft or masonry or simply cant admit being suckered with a age old lie...have you not seen the masonic undertones in washingtons design...anything my friend that does not place christianity and jesus alone as their ''motto'' or creed to live by and brings in all and any different religious ideas is not christianity but a cult and in this case witchcraft...you might like to know that the bible says that man will set up a one world religion and government so u say its not the masons fault...im not blaming anyone,,it has to happen,,,but if you know the bible says that christians should believe in only one God,,,satans ploy is to unite all religious groups and be God....look around you and u see the various religious groups getting together for world peace etc...like the catholic church's pope and the dali lama etc...just like the bible said would happen...u shouldnt be alarmed though,,just realize the devils plan was to be God and he still wants that,,why do u think the world is such a mess buddy...youre all fighting a angel bro,,slay a dragon or something...but the war is on,,people can believe theirs no God and no devil either are equally bad,,but u look around and you dont see that story played out your not looking.my bible tells me everything i have to know and its mans decision to think hes ''evolved'' or superior and doesnt need to believe this crazy stuff right but its a war we didnt start,,,we just have to choose a side
as for the conspiracy stuff...well its no conspiracy mate..its a war,,and my bible says whats going on in the world , not me .anyone who thinks im nuts is anyway probably deceived by satan or are too afraid to believe that perhaps their is a devil...id like to challenge u to look around a bit,,,yeah it could be scary, no-one said it wouldnt be.and remember God is still trying to help mankind while satan wants you all to think life the way its going is ok and all christians are bad.what has man actually accomplished...man the world is a bad bad place ,,right there u should get a wake up call and realize something isnt right..and youd be right.thenu just figured out what wrong on earth...welcome to the war.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join