It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason secrets (33 levels) published

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

So let me get this straight. ONE Mason in way back when made a deck of tarot cards... and thus... all Masonry is based around tarot cards.

If anything, the tarot deck would be based on Masonry, not Masonry based on tarot decks... which yes, there is a difference when you change the order.

Actually, the Tarot is a "picturebook" of the archetypal images of the Kabalah. It is in fact a psychological representation of the Kabalistic Tree of Life. It could be said that both Masonry and Tarot therefore spring from the same source: the Kabalah. Pike says:

He who desires to attain to the understanding of the Grand Word and the possession of the Great Secret, ought carefully to read the Hermetic philosophers, and will undoubtedly attain initiation, as others have done; but he must take, for the key of their allegories, the single dogma of Hermes, contained in his table of Emerald, and follow, to class his acquisitions of knowledge and direct the operation, the order indicated in the Kabalistic alphabet of the Tarot. - Morals and Dogma, p. 777

It is interesting here to note that while Pike doesn't say much about the Tarot in his voluminous works, he here describes it as absolutely necessary in the process of initiation, as well as attaining the Master's Word. Waite understood this as well, as did Case, Fortune, Crowley, Hall, and the other leading occult scholars.

In a nutshell, each Tarot card represents an aspect of the Kabalistic Tree of Life. The numbered cards, Ace through Ten, represent the Ten Sephiroth. The 4 suits (Wands, Cups, Swords, and Pentacles) represent the four elements (Fire, Water, Air, and Earth respectively). These are the 4 elemental weapons that rest on the Altar of the Ceremonial Magician (instructions for making them are found in Regardie's "The Golden Dawn").

The 22 Keys or Trumps correspond to the 22 Letters of the Hebrew Alphabet, and have other correspondences as well. They allude to the 22 Paths on the Kabalistic Tree of Life.

The structure of the curriculum used by Builders of the Adytum revolves around the Tarot symbolisms. The more experience one has in working with, and studying, the Tarot, the more one appreciates the genius involved in their creation, along with the High Adeptship of its creators.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I am not into all this.. magick stuff.. and honestly I don't like pike either.. and I am not sure what a Kabbala life tree is..

But I still have never seen anything in Masonry, be it through Blue Lodge or Scottish Rite.. that remotely sounds like Magick, tarrot cards, or anything else Pike said.

Then again, im in the North.. your in the South.. or it could have been I fell asleep during the SR ceremony.. (lol just kidding.... though if I did not have my coffee..... I make no promises)

We have a 1200+ book library.. all kinds of Masonic writings.. and I have not yet found a single ragged copy of Morals and Dogma in it.

Interesting all the least, if I knew what it meant and all.. has my perception of Masonry been wrong all along?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Some masons are only in it for the social aspects; Some are only in it for the esoteric; some are a mixture of both to varying degrees. No right answer. You get out of it what you put into it. What's interesting is that it IS there if you look for it, and the rabbit hole only gets deeper the more you look.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
...to the OP and moderators, the thread title is misleading and I'm guessing here, outright false -- check the site, it links to a page/lecture that 'reveals' three degrees, not 33.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by anhinga]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Oh no it's another of the masons clubering another guy thread.
Back to the topic now.

Sinister looking picture.This reminds me of something.
The inside of the masonic temple nights templar where you have a big coffin with skeletons on the side of it, with a sinister looking altar in a dark room painted black.
I asked one of the masons why would some one place something this sinister in a brotherhood's building. He simply told me it's a meditation room where they like to gather their thoughts, I posted the picture before, maybe I will post it again , do not know if I have it in my cmputer any more.
Let's post some other masonic meditation rooms.

The Masonic 'meditation room' in Orleans, France
Click on it for a full picture.

Another freemasonic 'Meditation Room'

Disturbing.tho they are not compared to the inside of the nights templar meditation room.Maybe I will find it and post it again.

How is a cristian supose to meditate in there
or a muslim? a budist?
or maybe a satanist, I find the descripton would fit him better, they love this stuff.
This does not even have to be about ocult and religion, the pictures would be disturbing even for some one who does not beilive in god, it would make him sad.......
Cheers...ta.ta

[edit on 4-3-2008 by pepsi78]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Maybe being raised as a Catholic makes me have a different vision of Christianity.. but skulls are not evil.. nor are they sinister.. nor is a coffin..

The meditation room is designed to contemplate your own mortality I believe (I am not in the York Rite) but I know for a fact the skull does represent your own mortality.

You where born into this world, and so you shall return.. one of the most famous Masonic phrases is (in English for those who don't read Latin)

Whom virtue has united, death shalt not separate

No... if your afraid of being in a dark room with a skull and cross bones, I don't know.. thinking the boogy man will get you.. then perhaps Masonry is not for you.
(york rite anyway)

For those with a mature and understanding outlook on things, who can see past the death oriented nature of bones and contemplate its real meaning.. you can attain much from such an experience.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I am not into all this.. magick stuff.. and honestly I don't like pike either..

As the other brother mentioned, not all Masons are into the esoteric aspect of the Craft; many are drawn to the charitable and fraternal aspects, which is fine.

and I am not sure what a Kabbala life tree is..

The Tree of Life is described in the Book of Genesis, wherein Adam was cast out of Eden lest he "eat of the Tree of Life, and live forever". The Tree makes its reappearance in the Book of Revelation, where we are told that the Elect shall eat freely.

The Tree of Life is a Kabalistic map of both the external and internal Universes. It is a diagram consisting of ten spheres (Sephiroth) that represent the ten stages of creation, the descent of Spirit into matter. They are connected by 22 lines called the 22 Paths of Wisdom, which correspond to the 22 letters of the Hebrew Alphabet. It is written that God created nature by the power of his word, i.e., the alphabetical language of the Paths.

Here is a rendition of the Tree:

But I still have never seen anything in Masonry, be it through Blue Lodge or Scottish Rite.. that remotely sounds like Magick, tarrot cards, or anything else Pike said.

You probably have, but weren't aware of it at the time. At the Blue Lodge level, it is heavily concealed through abstract symbolism. For example, at the conclusion of the Second Degree lecture, the candidatein most versions of the ritual are presented with the importance of the number 15 concerning the steps on the staircase, and that number's correspondences. This is a direct allusion to Gematria, the Kabalistic science of numerology, which is applied toi the Tree of Life. But without a previous knowledge of the Kabalah, the candidate would not understand this.

The N.J. of the Scottish Rite, if I'm not mistaken, still uses the Voorhis ritual, which is much less esoterically focused than the Pike ritual used here in the S.J. For example, in our 4th degree, the Tree of Life is introduced, and is an important sumbol in most of the following degrees.

We have a 1200+ book library.. all kinds of Masonic writings.. and I have not yet found a single ragged copy of Morals and Dogma in it.

That is unfortunate.

Interesting all the least, if I knew what it meant and all.. has my perception of Masonry been wrong all along?

I don't think that your perception has been wrong at all, but there are different levels of understanding.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

As the other brother mentioned, not all Masons are into the esoteric aspect of the Craft;

I agree. Not may at all. Maybe 1 in 1000 if that.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There are prople who will never believe they have all the secrets. Knowing the deep dark secrets will not permit someone who is not initiated to use them successfully.

So, maybe the secrets we let you know are the ones we want you to know and the real secrets are still buried. Paranoia will win in the end.

A 32nd degree Past Master

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Knowing what deep dark secrets exactly?

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

Originally posted by Masonic Light

As the other brother mentioned, not all Masons are into the esoteric aspect of the Craft;

I agree. Not may at all. Maybe 1 in 1000 if that.

Exactly! And we are all on here!

The LLMs don't care about the true meaning of masonry. It's just a social club to them.

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by anhinga
...to the OP and moderators, the thread title is misleading and I'm guessing here, outright false -- check the site, it links to a page/lecture that 'reveals' three degrees, not 33.

Sorry for misleading. It is:
www.bradford.ac.uk...
Now check the left part.

Memphis added 66 degrees. (Total = 3 x 33)
www.stichtingargus.nl...
The first 33 degrees are similar to those of the Scottish Rite.

[edit on 29-9-2008 by hawk123]

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
As I begin my journey in masonic brotherhood, i realize that what the non-masonic population at large think they know, that is the ways in which they think they have exposed freemasonry, are only the tips of the iceberg, as it were. unless one were to go (ligitimately, and without purpose of deception of a book deal, which is dispicable)through the rites and rituals of the York of Scottish rite and truly learn what they have to teach about becoming a better man and servant to humanity, the little bits and pieces you will learn are not only useless to you and meaningless in your understanding of freemasonry, but what you think you have that has allowed you to "figure it all out" is what you have been allowed to see. That is what has been shared with you though you have not earned it and likely never will. Those who would publish websites and books purporting to disclose all of freemasonry are nothing but "cowens" and are such upright and justice seeking men themselves that they must trick their way into the circle of the brotherhood of masons to write an article or a book. Do you think masonic brothers cannot tell this is what you are doing? If you do not wish, or cannot be a mason thats fine. but why would you make your career on trying to embarrass the good men of masonry with half-truths, misinterpretations and outright lies.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think this guy has it right. The secrets of the ages are what they are....SECRETS. We may never know all the esoteric and mystic symbolism behind Freemasonry. We can however, look at the facts given throughout history that involve Masons and it's members that have shaped our world to provide insight into their agenda. The fact that Masons and other secret societies are esoteric shows that there is something to hide. What's done in darkness can never be interpreted as good. I find it hard to believe that some of the most powerful men in history, including most of the US presidents, are a part of a "Good Ol' Boys" club to service their communities for the good of humanity. No other group has occupied the White House as much as the Masons. www.calodges.org... That's real power. To put it in perspective, what if the mob occupied the White House as much as the Masons? Would people not consider the possibility of a conspiracy to promote their own agenda. Couple that with secrecy, mystic symbolism, and suspect rituals practiced. I think there is enough evidence to cause suspicion. It's more likely that there is an agenda and the real Masons (32nd degree and above) would know the true secrets and agenda behind this group. Masons that haven't made it to the upper echelon are pawns and have limited knowledge, if not less, regarding the agenda of their group. The higher ups either provide disinformation or knowledge that is meant to reach the sheep. At the end of the day it all comes down to your faith, but I think the evidence speaks for itself.

"Read everything, trust no man, Love God"

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Free Masonry is deeply religious and its secrets remain intact from the profane world.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

Here's a question for the Masons among the ATS membership:

What significance does Black-friar bridge in London have to the Masonic lodges? Does it have some historical significance to the P2 and London lodges specifically?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
What significance does Black-friar bridge in London have to the Masonic lodges? Does it have some historical significance to the P2 and London lodges specifically?
It holds no significance at all for American Masons. I doubt it holds any significance to British Masons. P2 was an abomination and was no longer recognized as a regular Masonic lodge by the time of the banker's murder @ Blackfriar.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandsecretary
Free Masonry is deeply religious and its secrets remain intact from the profane world.

Number 33 is the same as the Human Canon DaVinci symbol

learntarot.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Oh no! The secrets are out!!

But yeah, there really are no "secrets". Honestly you can find just about everything there is to know about freemasons on the internet and from books from the library or borders.

And as far as coffins and skulls and skeletons and stuff I don't really understand whats "disturbing" about them.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join