It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEEDED: everyones theories, beliefs, facts on the bible...post here

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Freenrgy2

'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink' (especially if it's not thirsty!)

We all have our favorite watering holes. Not all of them offer 'living water'!
In Israel, they (Zionists) even poisoned the wells! Nice touch, huh!?

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by THEGodSend

So, you have no intention of checking out another Christian's site, do you? It's your way or the highway? Instead you'll sit on your perch looking down on the rest of us poor, hope to be "Born Again (which I am)" souls, reciting your rhetoric hoping that we'll all just come to our senses and see the Bible as you see it. Then, and only then, will we get along.

Give me a break

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

It's God's Way!

I like David J. Meyer's website (LastTrumpetMinistries)

and I like T. Austin-Sparks' website (SEE! link in a previous post)

and I like Texe Marrs' website (PowerofProphecy)

and I like Christopher Bollyn's website (Bollyn.com)

Take a break! (a year will do - for starters)

If you're a 'born again' Christian while claiming that EVERYONE will be saved and there is no Hell (in clear contradiction to Christ's Word), then I'm the Star Spangled Banner!

[edit on 2-11-2007 by THEGodSend]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEGodSend

If you're a 'born again' Christian while claiming that EVERYONE will be saved and there is no Hell (in clear contradiction to Christ's Word), then I'm the Star Spangled Banner!

Fine. Please proove to me scripturally that there is a hell and that not everyone will be saved.

Oh, say can you see...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   

There is not space enough in this thread to post all the relevant Scriptural references about Hell and Salvation! IF you understand the following 2, it will be self-evident!:

"Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the Way which leads to Life, and there are few who find it."

"No one comes to the Father except through Me."

If all of humanity were to be saved, it would have been pointless for God to have sacrificed His Son! Given the nature of God, that's all the 'proof' needed!

What would be the sense of the Great Commission, if at the end of the Day, it doesn't matter whether or not you accepted Christ's sacrifice?

Amazingly simple but penetrating!

Read the article by T. Austin-Sparks I just posted about the Sovereign God. God is (still) separating His People from the rest of humanity. That has been central to the Divine Plan from the very Beginning - and it will be until the End. Not everyone's name is written in the Book of Life.

Stop spouting nonsense!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Neither quote you gave prooves or disprooves a literal hell nor that not erveryone will be saved.

The only "nonsense" here is your replies. You tell people go check YOUR website, where you have all of this information. Yet, you won't even check out an alternative view, even if you don't agree with it. The reason I am not checking out your site, is because I lived this for many years. I heard all of this, believed most of this for a very long time. But, it still didn't feel right to me, like I was missing part of the puzzle.

The individual and site whom I refer to is a devout Christian who is 'Born Again' and who has done more research than you and I put together. He uses scripture for EVERYTHING and backs up his research with what is written in the Bible. This is not his made up opinion. Furthermore, he uses the meanings of the original Hebrew or Greek words where applicable and compares meanings to other passages in the Bible; something most churches will not do because it exposes them and their contradictions to God's word.

The fact is that the church has done a pretty good job twisting the truth in order to guarantee that they receive a steady stream of income and maintain a certain level of control by preaching that you're going to hell if you don't believe.

You have 8000 characters in which to give me scripture that prooves that there is a literal hell or that not everyone will be saved. Save your generalities and don't tell me you don't have room. I'll research the scripture and let you know what I find.

Here's something to chew on just so you can see how this individual uses scripture (and refers to your first quote). The COMMENT areas are the site owner (L. Ray Smith) responding to an email sent to him:

and (Matthew 7:13-14) “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it."

now correct me if i miss read you, but I'm under the impression that you believe that every one will enter into god's kingdom.

COMMENT: Actually, I have never said that "everyone will enter into god's kingdom." First of all I would never think to refer to "GOD" with a small "g."
Secondly, what I have said is that "everyone will be SAVED." There is a technicality there that I do not wish to go into at this time. Matt. 7:13-14, however, has nothing to do with man's eternal destiny. Like the world of Christendom, you too have been duped into believing that it is only in THIS LIFE that man can be saved. NO, only a relatively few, the called and chosen, ELECT, are the only ones chosen for salvation in this lifetime. You, like all of Christendom and all of paganism as well, believe that Judgment does not mean judgment at all, but rather it means "SENTENCING." Nothing could be further from the truth:

"When Thy JUDGMENTS are in the earth, the inhabitants of the WORLD WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isaiah 26:9). That is an absolutely FACT OF SCRIPTURES, and back a few chapters this same Isaiah was inspired to write: "If they speak not according to THIS WORD it is because there is NO LIGHT IN THEM" (Isaiah 8:20).

[edit on 2-11-2007 by Freenrgy2]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by time4chg07
Then i dont understand why the old testament is in the bible and why people preach from it when it obviously is so flawed and contradicts the "true" nature of christ?

Hi time4chg07

I have only read the first page so far but I didnt see perhaps an adequate answer to this question you posed at least twice already concerning the OT.

Here is why I think we have it instead of just the new testament alone.

1.) It serves to explain our existance IE: creation of the world, universe, and mankind.

2.) Mans fall from grace and seperation from the presence of God.

3.) Gives us a base understanding of history up to the great flood which almost all major societies have some record or history of.

4.) Explains the history of the Jewish people, Gods chosen people and explains thier hardship and suffering and eventual freedom/Exodus from it.

5.) God tries to bring people back to him by establishing the law through the order of the prophets etc. all done to show that we cannot adhere to it and fall short of his glory/grace.

This all then leads us into the New Testament and the arrival of Jesus and his self sacrafice to end all other blood sacrafices. Also his birth, death on the cross, and resurection was the fulfillment of the law. Thus we are no longer under the stipulations of the law.

It may also be noted that the Jewish community (at least in part) still adheres mostly to the Torrah or books of Moses which are contained in the Old Testament. This is from my limited understanding of thier worship.

Hope some of this insight helps at least answer your question of why the OT is even included in the Bible. I hope you work out any issues your still having with your faith.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Ok so we get it, you are a born again, bible believing, faith preaching, disciple of Christ. But let me ask you something…you come into every conversation with such arrogance and judgement. The purpose of a Christian is to love god and spread the word and show people the light.

If you truly cared about these peoples salvation is this the way you would handle speaking to them? Do you honestly think that your speeches and sarcasm against anyone with an opposing view is showing gods love? Well guess what, that’s what people perceive and that is why you are the kind of person that give the loving, gentle, Christians a bad name.

I know that you are strong in what you believe, but this is not how it should be done, not by you, Christ himself would not recommend you preach the way you are. There is nothing wrong with sharing something you feel has saved you, but look at the way you are presenting it..your sabotaging yourself.

I was a Christian and I had the same thought process as you, but the difference was, I did not approach people or talk to them in the manner that you have shown. You have almost shown the opposite of what god intended. I would show them through my actions and through kind words with an open mind, and through my open mind I have come to great peace knowing that I still believe in the almight god, creator..but maybe its not the bible or burn, do you understand? I hope that you can take this in and not come back with another sarcastic remark.

God bless.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tnt3kgt

thank you i appreciatte your reply, although i still have questions about things, atleast you are one on here that wanted to give an answer and not get on me for questioning my faith..or tell me to read the bible more..cuz i have, thoroughly.

I just wonder why we still adhere to some of those rules..and wonder why such a loving god ordered so many people women and children to be killed in the old testament, it just seems like, its gods word right? back then that was gods mindset, so why would it change just because we have. isnt he supposed to be consistent.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by time4chg07

You have NO idea of what God intended! Ex-Christians (if they ever were true followers of Christ) have NO authority to speak on spiritual matters. Get lost! (Wait! - you're already lost!)

Your idea of God's love is totally off the wall. The call is to REPENTANCE!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You are from the Devil. Get thee hence!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

are you serious? i would challenge anyone to say that i was wrong in my last post. How dare you tell me what i do and do not have authority to talk about. YOU in NO WAY are showing the love of christ.

I grew up in a church, i am relaying to you, what i have been taught..you think the way to save people is to go and tell them that they are evil and going to hell and warped? i cannot believe tihs, maybe you need to re-evaluate yourself.

All you are doing is saying HA HA im going to heaven and your not! you have the mind of a 4 yr old. i hope that god one day shows you were you were wrong.

YOU ARE NOT IN A PLACE TO CONDEMN ANYONE. you are no closer to god than me or the next person. I HAVE a personal relationship with god...dont talk to me in that way.

total lack of respect. you are sickening and you cast a shadow over all of christianity. i feel bad for the people who read your posts and then actually believe that this is what gods love it about.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What arrogance!! Maybe you should change your AVIE name "Godsend."
Your replies are beyond sickening, really...

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Wow, didn't see that one coming.

As I said before, you're brainwashed and I suspect somewhat delusional.
Good luck with the whole 'holier-than-thou' attitude, I'm sure you'll convert many lost that way.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
my thesis has a thousand different pieces of our species
locked within the cataclysmic mission and signing contracts for higher soul position
my physician my friend my health my self is greater than the state i want to reach
i teach myself the language of tangled conscience constance
all of of my fragments draw closer together to sever the vector electric
desperate men have no choices but listen to the voices poignant
anointed creatures see lights in the skies climate, alight defiant science
not so reliant on the tyrants treasures i don't revel in hateful pleasures
my triangle is spangled with angels from the heavens
i drive the seventh level particle generator
i commemorate my essence in an incandescent reference

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by time4chg07

You still don't get it, do you?! I'm not trying to try to save you - or anyone else. (only God can save people). I'm here to discover fraud. I've discovered lots - but it's refreshing to find someone like Blueangel7 among all the phonies here.

Take your self-righteous mock outrage elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Re the OP.

Plainly stated its a political manifesto at best but, more than likely a means to control masses of people with fear.

[edit on 063030p://upFriday by QuasiShaman]

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   

you are evil
im god and i will never let that kind of person like u in to heaven because you r gay

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
the bible is based in some fact, sure. but i think the main purpose of the more mystical stories are metaphors and/or to teach morality and ethics, and are not to be taken as fact or as if they really happened.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join