It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dads experience with UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:13 AM
link   
My dad and I were talking tonight at dinner and I was starting to talk about UFOs and he told me his own story. He told me in about 1968 he and his brother were walking around their padock in New Zealand on stormy/cloudy day, it was like a blackish greyish sky at about 4pm. They then for no real reason looked up to see a gap in the dark clouds, in this gap was an object my dad has never been able to identify although the way he described it it wasn't like any UFO i've ever seen, I haven't seen too many different types though. His description can't be too on the dot because this was quite a few years ago but he knows the shape of the object quite well. He thought of it as on an angle, it looked similar to a wind turbine with a spherical/ovalish buldge between two of the 'blades'. Thease 'blades' had a curve at the end much the way a wind turbine or a knife does. He couldn't have been sure how far up it was but he showed me on my finger roughly how big it was and it was roughly about 4 cms, it was deffinatly not as high as a conventional aircraft. It was plain white and it had a spin, it spun a revolution once every 3 - 4 seconds he says. He said other than the spin it was stationery (aka. wasn't moving forwards, backwards, upwards or downwards) him and my uncle scrambled up the hill back to their house.

He did live near an airforce base and was pretty used to seeing planes/gliders and other conventional aircraft but he said it was far to stormy for it to be one of their aircraft. it had no ambient glow and it looked much like a wind turbine in colour as well, he says you could pretty much call it a floating wind turbine hjowever there was no pole attaching it to the ground lol. Below is an illustration of my interpretation of what he saw and its been confirmed by him to look much like the one he saw. Funnily enough he was also in Blenhiem (spelling ?) when that famous NZ UFO was spotted, he never saw it though but he herd a lot about it on the radio.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Judging by the picture it’s probably swamp gas.....lol, but really, probably some sort of wheather device

[edit on 31-10-2007 by andre18]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It could have been, I'm no world leading authority but do whether devices stay stationery, I didn't think they did.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

we have the tech to make things stationery in mid air, that’s simple physics. Eg you can have helicopters stay in one position in the sky, and so on. If these three blades were spinning, that would explain it.

[edit on 31-10-2007 by andre18]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Rotating once every 3-4 seconds to keep it aloft? I'm sure helicopters' blades rotate atleast a couple of times per second.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I thought helicopter for a second, but isn't it funny that there was a gap in thick black cloud in a circular shape around this object ? The fact it was very stormy also brings doubt in my mind it was a copter.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by eRauzed

ok....then maybe some kind of secret government project......although when looking at anything advanced enough to be kept secret from the public, i think we've gone far beyond the need for propellers. So anything that does have propellers, wouldn't be of a secret technology advancement

top topics

join