It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Favorite Asian Dishes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I love Chinese food. I'm learning to like some Japanese food, though okonomiake is too scary for me. It reminds me of Klingon food. I don't like what I eat to be moving of its own volition while being dined upon.

My favorite Chinese dishes are pot stickers, General Tsuo's chicken, and kung pao chicken. The dessert meats are divine too, such as orange spare ribs and lemon chicken. I love chopsticks and feel funny eating Western food with them, so I make a point of having Asian food as often as I can.

I have this wonderful Korean market a block away, that is famous throughout the East Bay. I discovered a Japanese favorite there in the freezer section yesterday, gyoza, lovely pork dumplings.

Well, the ones I made last night I burned the hell out of. I let the sesame oil get too hot before cooking them, and then when I put the water in to steam them ... let's just say if I had a gas stove, there would have been a fireball. Whoops.

They were still good even burnt.

But I made them again tonight and they were perfect! Who knew you could get really good gyoza from the freezer?

Do you like Asian food? What's your favorite?

[edit on 26-10-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Not so much a favorite dish, as I love going to my favorite Chinese restaurant to pig out.

I'm close to Philly, so I'll go to Chinatown with a few friends and order a bunch of different dishes.

They put everything in the middle of the table on a lazy susan and you just pick a little of this, a little of that, and eat it all over a bed of white rice. LOVE IT!

So now every time I take a new person there, they swear off the "fast food" Chinese takeout.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

okonomiake is personaly my fave Asian dish, lol

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It scares me. The waving tuna flakes freak me out. But I'm weird that way.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
MM,

Asian dishes?

OHHHHHHHHHHH.....gackkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...(wiping drool from my jowls...)

SUSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Can't deny this one.

I've actuallly seen a 'black-market' vid of people eating....um...(monkey-brains)

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Argh I woke up craving gyoza. I wonder if they put something "extra" in the ones I bought from the freezer section?

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What I wouldn't give for homemade pie and chips with homemade, really thick gravy!

I'm up to here with Asian food!!!

Fav Asian Dish.

The Wife!!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
As cliche and American as it is, I absolutely LOVE sesame chicken.

And I'm definitely a sushi addict. GOTTA BE FRESH THOUGH!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
My favs are;

1) Any sashmi

2) Nobu's Black Cod with Miso [when I can afford it]

3) Chicken Vindaloo...the hotter the better

4) Thai red curry chicken

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
My comfort food of choice is shrimp lo mein (or chicken if I don't want to pay the extra couple dollars for shrimp) and vegetable fried rice.

Egg drop soup is awesome, too.

And any kind of broccoli + meat.

I've tried sushi a few times (once with the seaweed roll, once with a different kind of roll) and didn't like the aftertaste of either. =/

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Sushi, specifically eel rolls. I would stab a hobo for some fresh eel rolls right now.

A good back up is always honey garlic chicken though.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Don't know if I should venture into asian candy but life would not be the same without white rabbit, and lots and lots of pockey. Chased by a cool bottle of Ramune... mmm... Ramune.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I absolutely love a good Thai curry, green usually. I make a pretty good one.

Rice paper rolls with shrimp are awesome too.

And a Pork Laab for a starter, that's good eating.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm still on a gyoza kick. Had to go buy another bag yesterday.

What is with the gyoza?

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I like the following:

Hainanese Chicken Rice
Indian chicken Curry
Curry Puff
Mee Pok
Kuay Tiaw
Peking Duck

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Miso soup for breakfast mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yakisoba for lunch and shanghai noodles for dinner

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I love Japanese food. The sesame squid salad is my favorite.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Shabu shabu and Tempura are my favorite Japanese food, My bro had Japanese students stay with him, they were missing some of the food from home so we cooked up some Japanese food we had brought here in the UK, which they loved!! So the next week the students asked if they could cook as a way to say thank you, they only cooked Tempura and nearly destroyed the kitchen!!! It was only after the meal that they told us they had never really cooked before but wanted to try as we had made the effort to cook for them. lol

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The women! I just love everything about Asian women!

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Mmm i love asian food. Sushi bars, teppan bars, chinese reteraunts, panda express... i love it!!

Some of my personal favorites though are orange chicken..mmmmmm..and lemon chicken...yea and i love pretty much any sushi and lots of sushi rolls, i love the rolls, like rainbow rolls and crunch rolls mmmmm. i also love fried rice..i would be content with a big bowl of fried rice with scrambled eggs in it for dinner

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join