It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack Iran and you attack Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

They did so in order to help put a END A MASSIVE CONFLICT.

Once the atom bomb was released and knew someone had the means to use them, the war stopped.

The only country i fear sister is the US

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
This is just Russia flexing their muscles as a favor to Iran. If you honestly think that Russia is going to go to war with the United States over an attack on Iran, then you're insane.

They are already at war with the US and while i should be calling those conspiracy theorist that are still unaware equally 'insane' i wont as i know it's just too impossible to believe! Imagine the predicament of the US government when they must claim they need new attack and cruise missile submarines, F-22's and the many hundreds of billions of dollars worth of JS fighters to fight ' terrorist'. Since when have terrorist become so very well armed and who is really fooled by such rhetoric? Is it not even conceivable that the US national security states actions have made them real enemies in the world and that those nations have managed to feign weakness thus robbing the US administration of the ability to fight them directly?

Russia is just talking tough to protect their interests in Iran. This could be part of a deal with Iran, or it could just be Russia's way of saving face with Iran while ultimately turning a blind eye to a US or Israeli attack on Iran.

As i said it matters very little as the war started back in 1976! The fact that most are completely unawares obviously means very little in a era of strategic and economic weaponry that is not dependent on many knowing what is happening even if they feel it's impacts in their daily lives.

You guys really need to start thinking. Russia is not going to enter what would ultimately be a nuclear war with the world's lone superpower simply to defend a country like Iran.

Given their superior 'conventional' ( nuclear biological and chemical) strategic weaponry Russia may continue playing the odds while simply warding of the US administrations attempts to start world war three with whatever they have left. As the US economic decline continues and it's stature and military forces further declines all these things will become more readily apparent but luckily Russia have already drafted China, in tandem with a US administration that can't play it's hand, as the scapegoat for US economic ills. Since this is all completely unbelievable there is no real danger to Russia hence the fact that they do not have to show their hand by so overtly invading other countries.

Furthermore, it wouldn't just be Iran and Russia vs. the US. Countless other nations would join in on the side of the US, including Great Britain, France, Germany, Australia, Canada, etc.

Russia have plenty of allies but since their not even dangerous according to that isn't even possible! The people of Great Britain, France, Germany, Australia and Canada could barely be forced ( well some of them despite the best efforts of their civilians) to even engage in a war against Iraq and since Russia is largely playing dead one wonders how support for the war in Iran will be drafted and if anyone will still believe their leaders when they finally point to Russia and accuse the Russian leadership of being 'behind it all' .

Vladmir Putin may have grand delusions when it comes to Russia's power and Russia's future, but he's not a moron. He knows it would be suicidal to go to war for the sake of Iran, and the Russian people would never stand for it.

The Russian people and army is clearly quite uninterested in fighting wars of aggression and since Putin understands this so very well America will be induced into overextending and destroying its conventional forces long before Russia steps in to pick up the remaining economic pieces.

This is ALL TALK. And it's the only way Russia can attempt to protect its interests in Iran short of conflict, which they'll never do. Wake up people!

And since very few are going to seriously consider what i just explained Americans wont wake up to the real threats until it's WAY too late for them to do much beside giving up entirely or dieing in truly biblical numbers. That's sad and not what they deserve but then non of the hundreds of millions of the US national security states economic and military victims were any more deserving or for the most part informed as to who were doing it to them.

Stellar

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

If you cant fathom how many lives would be lost on all sides of an invasion of Japan then you don't have a clue what your talking about. The bomb how horrible it was did save lives on either side.
A million people would have died on the first day of an invasion so yes the bomb did save lives in most peoples opinion.
As far as Iran just thump then once and they will shut up. Not nuclear just bomb them good.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Russia isnt that stupid. They dont want to risl the little bit of relative prosperity they have been recently enjoying just to watch it go away due to war with the US.

The Russian population most certainly do not and while their government is fully aware of this we all know that our governments do not always act in what we know is our best interest. We may trust the Russian people and while i am less worried about Vladimir Putin than George Bush i do not wish to pretend that i know what Putin is capable of when pressed.

Hell, they couldnt even survive the spending of the cold war when they tried to hang with the US and that was when they had MUCH more than they do today.

It may not be widely known but it's certainly widely admitted by even the CIA that they US had no capacity to make the USSR 'fall' due to any spending on their part. They did not even know what the USSR were truly spending and were as surprised as the rest of us when the Berlin wall came down. As far as admitted strategic weapons and their capabilities goes i can defend the 'fact', speaking for myself at least, the the RF today has greater strategic ability than the US and they they have a far greater capacity to fight and sustain the consequences of a full scale strategic war.

Russia will put up a good front and say lots of things but at the end of the day, they sit this one out just like they did with Iraq One, Iraq Two, Afghanistan etc.

And all the while the real US economy keeps declining! Why would they get openly involved in Iraq or Afghanistan when the US administration is doing a bang up job of poisoning their own troops with not so depleted Uranium and toxic vaccinations?

Stellar

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by StellarX
I know you might be trying to help him stay out of 'trouble' but are you not worried that people tasked with national security are going around public forums checking out people who have no way of effecting what they are suggesting?

These people were reported by fellow posters at there respective forums.

Globalisation basically means that you will become ever less secure in that much talked about right to free speech. I am not familiar with the process that allows the FBI to visit people in foreign countries ( What the hell is the CIA supposed to do?) so maybe you want to link us to this particular claim?

Stellar I heard it as hearsay from another forum. Some man from Georgia is facing some jail time (20 years i think) because of what he said about the US president.

I have repeatedly tried to show you just what Russia is capable of but here you are once again saying the same old things never having addressed all the evidence to the contrary.

Alright. You are talking about the highly speculated Environmental weapons...Thats fine, I was more or less referring to conventional forces.

Based on what evidence? Does a vast expanding economy normally indicate a shrinking sphere on influence and if so does the fast declining US economy serve as evidence that the US sphere of influence is growing? I am not quite following that logic!

Americas sphere of influence hasnt stopped growing at an exponential rate since the decline of the soviet union back in the early 90's.

Poland and the czech republic ring a bell my friend?

You miss the point. The USSR crashed, didnt die, but it crashed. It lost several of its client states once this happened. To this day, there are fears inside of russia that more of russia could 'potentionally' collapse.

And bankrupting their country in the process of turning the entire civilized, and large parts of the less civilized, world against them .

I agree.

Tell me how it benefits the American citizenry to have a occupation force in Iraq and Afghanistan when Russian ICBM and electromagnetic weaponry can still do what they were intended to? How is driving up oil prices by shutting down the global supply not serving the Russian economy? What is the US administration currently doing that will lead the world to choose the US side in a global conflict or regional conflict?

All perfectly well taken points.

The US has proved to be rather 'responsible' with its nuclear stockpile, which is more than russia can say.

How so?

Im sure that you are aware of the fact that the US has spent millions upon millions in helping the Russians properly dispose of their nukes.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
These people were reported by fellow posters at there respective forums.

So it's now officially the USSA with commissars and all?

Stellar I heard it as hearsay from another forum. Some man from Georgia is facing some jail time (20 years i think) because of what he said about the US president.

I am pretty sure it's the Georgians that are doing 'the work' and that the FBI will just take credit.

Alright. You are talking about the highly speculated Environmental weapons...Thats fine, I was more or less referring to conventional forces.

I am talking about their conventional strategic weaponry as those other weapons wont in my estimation be required. Why are you still talking about those weapons as if it's a speculative issue?

Americas sphere of influence hasnt stopped growing at an exponential rate since the decline of the soviet union back in the early 90's.

Exponential? Do countries who have great influence have to invade and bomb others countries to have their way? Right.....

Poland and the czech republic ring a bell my friend?

What a bonanza! Meanwhile Brazil, South Africa, much of the rest of South America and India have signed up with Russia to join Russia, most of it's former SSR's, China and Iran.

You miss the point. The USSR crashed, didnt die, but it crashed. It lost several of its client states once this happened.

They lost them so badly that all the nuclear weapons Russia wanted back were returned? Those client states were as much a drain on the Russian economy as Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan and Taiwan is on the USA.

* Belarus Belarus – Belarus had 81 single warhead missiles stationed in their territory after the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991. They were all transferred to Russia by 1996. Belarus signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.[27]

* Kazakhstan Kazakhstan – Kazakhstan inherited 1,400 nuclear weapons from the Soviet Union, and transferred them all to Russia by 1995. Kazakhstan has signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.[28]

* Ukraine Ukraine - Ukraine has signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. Ukraine inherited about 5,000 nuclear weapons when it became independent from the USSR in 1991, making its nuclear arsenal the third-largest in the world.[29] By 1996, Ukraine had voluntarily disposed of all nuclear weapons within its territory, transferring them to Russia.[30]

en.wikipedia.org...

To this day, there are fears inside of russia that more of russia could 'potentionally' collapse.

As reported by Fox news or the BBC?

All perfectly well taken points.

Yet i presume your just going to stick to your primary argument that the US armed forces is still just going to 'win' and that no one needs fear anything? It's disappointing that you will keep on doing that but at least i understand that in the US patriotism IS militarism and the belief in the overwhelming superiority of the US armed forces.

Im sure that you are aware of the fact that the US has spent millions upon millions in helping the Russians properly dispose of their nukes.

Which mostly went into private pockets, throwing some cement into Silo's and for the most part towards the construction of new nuclear weapons. What kind of power must you have over your enemy to convince him to pay for the construction of your weaponry?

www.cato.org...

That's related to direct investment that just landed up in private pockets or disappeared without a trace... Meanwhile they are digging out mountain ranges and upgrading their air defenses!

Stellar

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join