It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A strange "fact" regarding Mexicans????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So at work the other day, we got in to this discussion about paranormal things. One guy, a Mexican said that every other Mexican(he meant every) of his friends and families houses contained 1 (one) haunted room, and to top it off, every one of those peoples houses also contained 1 wall, painted green?

What gives.......Has any of you guys ever heard this? As we were talking about it, another Mexican guy joined in the conversation. After he was filled in, he just nodded his head, as hearing and recognizing an old familar story being told....

I just thought it was odd, funny and mildly disturbing....

One haunted room, and one green wall?

Both of them said, they knew many families with both those attributes in their houses.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Steff]

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Steff]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Can you ask the Mexican bloke why they have one green painted wall.

Sounds like the Green Goblin to me!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Green wall! Green wall!? We don't need no stinkin' 'green wall'. I'm from east LA mon! LOL. I'll never forget listening to C2C one night and the two NY cops rolled passed by a woman in the middle of an intersection with her eyes rolled back in her head arms outstretched. They bugged out like the devil was after them. Mexican, Puerto Rican belief in the occult runs deep and for many generations. Put a wax doll and chicken blood on the beach and see how many PR's you can get close to it.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think it's more of a joke on the culture, though the green wall may have more significance than I've heard. My father is Mexican and my grandparents have a haunted room, well more of an attic. Now that I think about it the green wall could have something to do with the Virgin Mary. It's common to have an area of the house that is somewhat of a shrine to her. I feel like I may have seen that in some other houses but it's been awhile since I've been down that way.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have lived in SoCal for 20 years and had many, many Mexican friends and have never heard or seen this. I have also traveled to Mexico many times and have never seen this either. Are you afraid of ghosts? If you are I think they are pulling your leg just to mess with you.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I haven't heard of green walls but I know many Hispanics (Mexican, El Salvadorians, Guatemalans) that claim to have ghosts in their homes. This phenomenon may be chalked up to superstition and creeky old houses, or perhaps their spiritual upbringing makes them more perceptive to paranormal activity.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Makes me remember the hordes of S. Asians that purported ranks of dead post the tsunami of 2004. You couldn't force feed fish on them for months afterwards. Eating the dead. I am not so sure they weren't on to something.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Is there a thread or article on these reports? Ranks of zombies after the tsunami? Interesting.

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
I have lived in SoCal for 20 years and had many, many Mexican friends and have never heard or seen this. I have also traveled to Mexico many times and have never seen this either. Are you afraid of ghosts? If you are I think they are pulling your leg just to mess with you.

Im not afraid of ghosts.....I tried to do a search but came up with nothing. Im sure like you guys say, its probably superstition/tradition.

top topics

join