It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is a member here allowed to knowingly lie when there have been plenty of complaints?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

And it is precisely this reason that I typically stay way far away from the 9/11 forum. It has gotten too damn political, too obsessed with infighting, and I think that's exactly what the government wants. But how do we solve this problem? Pointing the finger at the posters we believe may be at the base of the discord is probably just going to cause more fighting and factionalism.

On this forum, I often play the role of the "smart guy who's got it all figured out" but I'm gonna check my ego at the door here and admit I have absolutely no idea about what, if anything, can be done to clean up the 9/11 forum.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by Griff

And it is precisely this reason that I typically stay way far away from the 9/11 forum. On this forum, I often play the role of the "smart guy who's got it all figured out" but I'm gonna check my ego at the door here and admit I have absolutely no idea about what, if anything, can be done to clean up the 9/11 forum.

Pretty good post there uberarcanist. I stay away from the forum too, because its full of CONFUSION. But where confusion is, conspiracy and disinformation is not far away....

Its as if the event has wounded and traumatized some while leaving the causes in the dark. Since then the topic has been a full-time attention-sucking medium and emotional rollercoaster.

What to do about it? What are your ideas? What suggestions have you had that have been denied?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

but I'm gonna check my ego at the door here and admit I have absolutely no idea about what, if anything, can be done to clean up the 9/11 forum.

I agree. I'll do the same. How can I critizise when I'd probably be biassed too. After all, we all have our own biassness.

It's just that, if that were me or any other "truther", we all know that we'd be called out on it pretty much instantly. Not the same with so called "debunkers" I'm afraid. Imagine that, on a so called conspiracy site even. Again, this is my observed opinion.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I knew I'd get something from this thread. I have now been warned for accessive quoting in one of my threads.

GOOD BYE ATS.

I can't believe it. From SkepticOverloard even.

And this site isn't in the least bit biassed?

Edit: Thanks for proving my point SO.

[edit on 10/24/2007 by Griff]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
If that were Killtown, you know he would have been accosted from the get go.

I never really said as much, but you're right Griff, Killtown got railroaded here and accosted by the skeptics to the point where he got angry enough to violate TOS and got banned. It was really disgusting to watch it happen, but then he did let himself get angry. I'd hate to see you fall into the same trap. I've seen it before here, and actually I've come dangerously close to that point myself. Don't let them illicit an emotional response from you, that's the crack in the cement they look to exploit.
Cold hard facts, that's the foundation we have to build on, in terms of 9-11 research, if you stick to those, you're indestructible because the cold hard facts point to conspiracy. The only thing that substantiates the offical story in the minds of the masses is misguided faith.
Fight them with facts presented from a cold resiliance, and if they are posting crap, eventually it will stink of it.

link   
Then of course mods will come here and pretend to give a damm by saying they are so busy blah blah.Yea right,answer your damm U2U.....

The famous mod quote is "mods are just like you" or "mods are humans too".Well then if they can't handle their jobly duties or are always breaking ATS rules then they shouldn't be a mod,it's that simple.

Don't give me all the but ATs is so great and has opened many eyes,yea I know it has.Does that mean ignoring complaints,randomly deleting threads then letting another poster post that same thread and get 18 pages of responses,delete threads and not be able to tell me why,saying very innapropriate comments,excessive quoting,swearing, is ok?Lord knows that list could fill a whole post but we will just leave it at that for now.

Don't ask for examples because I and many others gave you plenty on a thread created by a mod about this very issue,and suprise suprise they are ignored...........................

Overall ATS has done a lot,but you really really need to reconsider how you pick your mods.And maybe get rid of a few............

link   
double post.....may as well take advantage of it though..

To be honest the only reason I come here is I can get most of the stories I want to read in one place.I only come here for news articles,I use to start threads and post alllll the time,but I find it is just not worth it when some chump can come edit the hell out of your post for no reason then go do the same thing in their own topic and it won't be touched.

Also kinda funny how when I posted something in breaking news it go deleted instanlty twice and I was told it was deleted because it wasn't a conspiracy and it wasn't breaking news.Yet two FULL days later a poster posted the story(wich was the woman strangling herself with her handcuffs)and it was left up and got tons of response.

Also I was unaware that you could not post actual confirmed information on this website,it must be a conspiracy....

You guys would rather here 4 million made up alien or ufo stories then have some actual information.This is not my opinion,you yourself have prooved it many many many times.

BTW the mod who did that UNCALLED for thread deleting was FredT.When i responded saying how is a woman choking herself with her handcuffs not a conspiracy?How the hell do you even accomplish that?

He responded by saying he can't tell me and I need to talk to mirthfullme.

Wich I sent 3 or 4 U2U's with no response so I just gave up.Meh,your now just a way for me to find my news faster,wich now is also being filled with dumb # like Indigos will rule the world in 2015 or some other crap that doesn't need to be in breaking news..

BREAKING NEWS: Alien invasion on 12/15/0012 OMFG

That's what your looking for..

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Project_Silo]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Why not stop quoting excessively then? Use the Reply To function. It works just as well.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Anybody read that I got warned by SO for excessive quoting? Can we now claim that ATS is as biassed as Fox news?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This thread was created asking a question about a certain subject, and the last time I checked it had nothing to do with general complaints against the staff of this site. If you feel the need to do such, you can take it to that thread, and allow this thread to stay on topic.

Further off topic disruptions will be removed.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
Why not stop quoting excessively then? Use the Reply To function. It works just as well.

Because 70% of the time the 'reply to" button doesn't work for me. It's also hard to understand what someone is responding to. And I usually don't excessively quote. That, IMO, was a punishment for starting this thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Anybody read that I got warned by SO for excessive quoting? Can we now claim that ATS is as biassed as Fox news?

I looked back through the thread and I don't see any post griff has made that I would consider to be excessive quoting.
What post was it you got warned for griff?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Whoah, partner. I would not go nearly that far. ATS has its problems, to be sure, but it isn't a tenth as bad as Fox. I'm still on your side, but bear in mind that the hostility that you're experiencing is probably explained by the old adage "if you go looking for a fight, you're gonna get one".

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
This thread was created asking a question about a certain subject, and the last time I checked it had nothing to do with general complaints against the staff of this site. If you feel the need to do such, you can take it to that thread, and allow this thread to stay on topic.

Further off topic disruptions will be removed.

Well that seems a little retentive niteboy82, considering the subject of the thread actually has the word complaints in it. Why don't you just go ahead and tell us what you think is acceptable and relevant to this topic so we can all discuss it in a manner that would satisfy your opinion.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

It was a post in the "Ryan Mackey answers ATS questions" thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Second post down.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

It links to the post that you reply to, so people can click on it to see what is being responded to.

And a while back that was happening to me where it didn't work, but it eventually stopped. Just keep clicking on it or refresh your page and click on it. It'll work eventually.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

"if you go looking for a fight, you're gonna get one".

I've complained about 3 times in my time here. This is third warning I have gotten because of my complaints. I think you might be right.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Your heavy-handed approach to squelching dissent via quarantining criticism in a forum where only staff can read it is very counterproductive to maintaining good relations between the mods and the rest of the board. I kindly suggest you butt out of this thread unless you see the grossest violations of the T&Cs.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

How does a warning (and removal of quoted text) translate to bias?

In that thread, you quoted the ENTIRE previous post, complete with nested quotes the previous poster quoted... that ALWAYS gets a warning for large/unnecesary quoting.

The post in question is here, of which a direct-link was provided in the automated U2U you received, which also links to this post about quoting which explains why you were given a small warning.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

watch out Griff, you've been flagged and tagged
stick to toeing the party line - I mean god forbid that you should have an opinion that actually differs from the party line

paranoid, me?
nah, just had experience

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join