It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google censorship?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hi justanothergangster

I work for a search engine optimization company and we get a lot of people who think Google has something against them and ban their sites. And really there is no way to find out. What they do is apart of their algorithm. HOWEVER, if you made any major structural changes to your site, and or content changes to your site which may cause the engine to loose prior data to your site, then it may drop you for keywords you used to rank for. If you want to rank for desired keywords you need to

A. have content on your site related to the keywords
B. have static html pages on your site with unique titles and descriptions which include the keywords.
C. get people to link to your site with a text link which includes the keyword in there.

no matter how smart Google is and how hard they try to censor things, there are ways around their efforts. Its my job to find those ways

Did you happen to do any negative SEO techniques? Such as hiding content, links, or affiliating yourself with link farms?

There is much more that goes into GOOD SEO. it takes a lot of time and effort put into the site. However for easy keywords which from the looks of it, that keyword is very easy. (We have in-house tools over here, I can help, private message me). You should be back ranking for that keyword within 3 months.

Sorry about my posting etiquette . I don’t post often. So if you don’t understand something let me know.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think you'd be a lot better off going to a forum like webmastersworld or something like that and leaving it to the Search Engine Marketing guys to figure out why you've dropped out of the rankings on Google. It's probably because of something else you did. Google indexes billions of pages, doesn't have the resources to manually censor you. They do ban and penalize websites for a wide variety of "black hat" purposes, however, and you've probably come across some of that and been banned as a result. This would all be done automatically based on their algorithms, so nobody is going to be able to tell you with absolute certainty. We sure can speculate though. I speculate that you did something to get yourself banned.

On a sidenote, Google is not the government. This means they are free to censor you all they want, they're not legally bound to adhere to the bill of rights or anything like that.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You don't understand how google search strings work and how Search Engine Optimization works.

I can enter a search string that will put your site at the top of the list.

Many reasons sites fall down on the list and one is that the site is losing activity, therefore this propetuates a downfall on the list because the faster it falls the faster it becomes inactive.

Like I said that is one in so many reasons a site rank get dropped!

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
To bring the topic back to google censorship I would like people to consider a possibility.

Pages are given page scores, could an algorithm be included that deducted points if you mentioned certain anti corporation topics.

I only state this is 'possible', since it is difficult to prove, I guess we have to look at the patterns in history.

TV after a few years of devastating results to the political elite, was consolidated and reigned in, now they avoid certain topics.

Corporations have a responsibility to increase revenue, that means pleasing corporate advertisers. What if advertiser ask them to censor topics to get contracts.

Microsoft, after a few years of not being part of the machine, got a threat of a break up because of monopoly, and then stepped in line. (Bill now supports incrementalism) Monopoly? When has any of the current monopolies been challenged by congress? This was to reign in Microsoft

And we can see Ask.com does this, when we compare it to Google. So we have a known pattern already.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have many examples of skewing the Internet, I believe it is possible this Bacon rapper guy got a special 'anti corporate' tag that lowered his search relevancy

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

its wierd how it 100% coincided with the song i had up now im the second search result since i took it down. and when i had it up i was nowhere near the first 50 pages

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The fact that you are making changes to the site effects the search reasults and just like others had said, if you think google is keeping an eye on little ole you because of a song you are confused!

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
do you have any idea how big google is? how many people work for google? its not "lil ole me" its anyone who talks about the truth im not saying im some major influence im sayin were entering a china-esque censorship stage that isnt being reported and this is proof....google isnt paying attention to me specifically its everyone and anyone. this isnt about me its about EVERYONE and its about what hapenns when you try to get the truth out. there is technology out there that can interpret spoken words into text and then report it back to a computer that affects search results. and believe me google has more than enough money to afford this tech. all im trying to do is give proof that google is censoring and it comes back to being about me.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
The fact that you are making changes to the site effects the search reasults and just like others had said, if you think google is keeping an eye on little ole you because of a song you are confused!

If you think there are not systems in place keeping track of all Internet traffic and pushing anti corporate information to the back of the room then you are not thinking.

"That can't happen here", or thinking it is just an isolated case, is not a logical rebuttal to things that are shown to happen over time, and are patterns we can see happening here and now.

prisonplanet.com was marked as spam and not allowed on myspace after it was bought by Murdoch.

My above post has examples.

Even a search for 9/11 brings up more debunk sites then truther sites.

I suggest everyone go into advanced Google options and set page count to 100 then you at least get the first 100 entries per page, it is also advisable that if the subject is controversial jump up to page 30 or so and work backward.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join