It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the most admired and famous/infamous person in the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
As we all know there have a dozen civilizations before U.S. and they all had their share of heroes, tyrants, geniuses, lunatics and also great men. We admire some, and hate a lot of them.

So, who do you think is most admired person in the world and also who is the most famous in the world from the beginning of time till now.

I think the most admired is Mohandas Gandhi and the most famous, in this case infamous is Hitler.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
There's too many people all the paper in the world couldn't fit the names.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
There's too many people all the paper in the world couldn't fit the names.

That is why I said the most, not all, most, meaning only the winner.

I agree there are too many great people in the world.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
How about G.W. Bush. He could be the most famous, and at the same time, the most infamous.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Most admired is defintely Jesus H. Christ. I am not saying I'm Christian, but this man has some severe stroke for not even being on this planet.

And, yes I do have to agree with Juan Bond's statement of GWB being the most infamous/famous person right now.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JuanBond
How about G.W. Bush. He could be the most famous, and at the same time, the most infamous.

I concur. If not GWB, then probably one of his posse members, possibly Ashcroft.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
It's got to depend on where you come from. In the UK I would think that rightly or wrongly, Princess Diana would be pretty high on the list.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Jesus & Hitler.

Gotta be them two.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
...that the most famous person in the world is Jesus. With over a BILLION Muslims in the world, and God knows how many Buddists and other non-western religions (not to mention Jews), that's got to be the most egocentric statement of all time.

Though as a media driven Westerner I myself would be hard pressed to say who was the most famous person in the world right now. Were it put to a vote, possibly Chinese President Hu Jintao. Though the "of all time" aspect of the original question makes Ghandi a very good cross cultural guess. That or a Caesar.

Though I suspect most famous/infamous (meaning famous among Muslims and infamous among Jews and Xtians) would be hands down:

Osama Bin Laden.

Not Bush, no way. This is the WORLD we're talking about. Given we are now both at the height of the worlds population and media propagandizing (on both sides of the issue) and Al Queda's efforts in every corner of the globe... OBL WINS ALL TIME FAMOUS/INFAMOUS SPOT WITHOUT QUESTION.

(I know Hitler was worse, but outside the Western World he's not even on the radar.)

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well thats easy, you guys already know this but I'll tell you anyway. None other than I your most favorite person in the whole wide world!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Guys, but who is the most admired person in the world?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't think OBL is THAT famous...

I like to believe Elvis is the most famous and admired person lol...

ELVIS IS THE KING!

(seriously, I'd have to say that Jesus and Gandhi also have a good chance, and maybe the Dalahilama? (spellign?))

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Guys, but who is the most admired person in the world?

I was dead serious. Osama Bin Laden is highly admired by a billion or more people I'd guess.

And Jesus is a FOOTNOTE to the majority of the world. Only in the West does anyone give a rat's azz.

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Infamous (In no particular order)
Stalin
Ghengis Kahn
Hitler
El Duce
Osama Bin Laden
Saddam Huisein

and there are some more im sure
ill put up my famous list later

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Infamous (In no particular order)
Stalin
Ghengis Kahn
Hitler
El Duce
Osama Bin Laden
Saddam Huisein

Why Ghengis Khan? Most people don't even know who that guy is. I get the others.

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by surfup]

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
hmm famous would be Elmo or jesus but real person would be OBL. most admired? hmm depending on who you talk to ben affleck for tapping lopez's ass, but alot of people would also answer there parents.

posted on Jan, 30 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Admirable ---- George Carlin --> Truthful, logical & funny

Infamous ---- Bill Gates -->You'll never forget microsnot!

Famous ---- Marilyn Monroe ---> Famous for her celeb status, depression, many marriages, abusive childhood, suicide attempts, affair with jfk, and her mysterious death which I don't think was suicide...

top topics

join