It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: US will not let Iran go nuclear

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Considering they have publicly stated their goal to wipe Israel off the map and destroy the West if we refuse to convert to their exact brand of the Muslim faith; the suspicions are well founded.

Show us where he said this please, as well as who translated. It has already been proven that he never said "Israel should be wiped off the map,"

Ok, right HERE

I'm sure you will find some reason to discredit the story. When some people are proved wrong they just try and discredit the source. Sad, just sad.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Personally I think that we have good reason to keep Iran from having nuclear weapons. Even though most people feel like it is wrong that we keep Iran from these weapons but we have them, The thing is that if we allow Iran to have these weapons they will use them against us and mite push President Bush into declaring World War III. So I say keep Iran from having nuclear weapons therefore keeping the United States from WWIII.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

thanks grover-------i have just viewd the 8 videos by lindsey williams------------i tend to believe this man is telling us the truth as he knows it.apparently others have died getting in the way of the physical rulers of the world so i can see pres.bush and vice pres. chenny being reluctant to buck higher ups.as others have said but i cant believe i now agree with them-----------the whole dirty mess needs to be overthrown with a new leader/leadership--------------obviously not mrs. clinton----but an honest leader with the guts to tell the rest of the world we cant afford to pay our debts.-------we are going to look after our own oil and supply it to our own people we'll help the rest of you that need it if we have anything left over----------------see yah.now tell me why that wouldnt work?---------why do we all have to become 3rd world citizens until G-D straightens out the mess once and for all ?

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Of course Iran plays a major part in Iraq...Didn't u guys watch the Columbia interview, where the school president ask Ahdinemajad, if Iran was supplying and training insurgents in Iraq that are resposible for Americans deaths. He was beating around the question and would not aswer . It was asked many many times and he try to change the subject many many times. Clearly, that shows that they are not so innocent as people think.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Once again, Just like before we went to Iraq, the IAEA, is telling the world that there is no evidence that Iran is trying to build a nuclear weapon. And Once again out of fear we listen to the White House tell us that in order to avoid WWIII we should keep Iran from having the 'knowledge' to make nuclear weapons.
Please don't listen to the fear. WE WERE WRONG about Irag. They had NO weapons of mass destruction. Just like the IAEA told us. We had control of thier northern and southern air-space. We were watching them 24/7 and Saddam couldn't go to the restroom without us knowing about it. Yet for some reason he was a huge enough of a threat to go to war with and end up where we are now.
And now here we are again letting the same folks tell us, contrary to what the IAEA is telling us, that Iran is building a nuclear weapon and we need to bomb them which will somehow keep them from having the knowledge to build a nuclear weapon. This does not make sense no matter how you look at it. It is fear there selling and these days fear seems to be selling like hot cakes.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BitRaiser

Yes an Iranian report about Iran. I wish the Iranian people would give the boot to the Arabs and end this mess. I know that I don't like a world with Iranian nukes. The best thing for Iran to do is to shut up and stop acting like a tyrant then maybe a deal can be done.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Nucular is a good energy source, the US is ignorant.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
I'm sure you will find some reason to discredit the story.

Considering that they too are using MEMRI's translation, of course it's false. But of course, I would like to ask you, why choose Al-Jazeera as your source?

When some people are proved wrong they just try and discredit the source. Sad, just sad.

Ok, then let's see what you say when I show you what he really said, and in Farsi too:

"Imam ghofteen rezhim'e ishghalgar'-e qods bayad az safheh ye ruzgar mahv shavad."

Lo and behold in literal English "Imam said regime (of) occupying Jerusalem must from page of time disappear."

Now a English translation: "The Imam said the regime occupying Jerusalem must disappear from the page of time"

Now do tell us, since you established yourself as an expert on what he said, how did you get "Israel must be wiped off the map," from that quote?

[edit on 22-10-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

My sister is a ME studies doctoral candidate and is fluent in Farsi AND Arabic. She does my translating for me all the time. I cannot tell you how many times statements are misinterpreted or misquoted by mainstream media. Enought times you have to wonder if its deliberate eh? (And its not just Fox News either)

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Why don't IRAN make electricity the atomic way that Tesla documented
and the FBI stole.
The reason, IRAN wants the A bomb...
Syria got bombed before they got a reactor up and fell under the protection
of the UN.
Good move by Israel.
Whats Cheney going to do against the Russian air attack system?

Send in the UFOs like on 9/11/01?

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 1111111111111

Good for steam engineers now nuclear.

Big upgrade...NOT.

Try direct electrical or even mechanical by Papp mechanism.
www.rexresearch.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Enough times you have to wonder if its deliberate eh? (And its not just Fox News either)

I can only assume that the mass disinfo campaign is used to convince the public into believing the war with Iran is for our safety. That we are facing an enemy that wants to commit genocide and is like Hitler, all because of MEMRI's misquote.

They want to paint Iran as a country set out to get nuclear weapons to attack Israel and the west, so that the US goverment will not be looked down upon in the world as war mongerers and guilty war crimes when we attack Iran.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mek12
Once again, Just like before we went to Iraq, the IAEA, is telling the world that there is no evidence that Iran is trying to build a nuclear weapon. And Once again out of fear we listen to the White House tell us that in order to avoid WWIII we should keep Iran from having the 'knowledge' to make nuclear weapons.
Please don't listen to the fear. WE WERE WRONG about Irag. They had NO weapons of mass destruction. Just like the IAEA told us. We had control of thier northern and southern air-space. We were watching them 24/7 and Saddam couldn't go to the restroom without us knowing about it. Yet for some reason he was a huge enough of a threat to go to war with and end up where we are now.
And now here we are again letting the same folks tell us, contrary to what the IAEA is telling us, that Iran is building a nuclear weapon and we need to bomb them which will somehow keep them from having the knowledge to build a nuclear weapon. This does not make sense no matter how you look at it. It is fear there selling and these days fear seems to be selling like hot cakes.

i mean WTF !!! we should keep Iran from having the 'knowledge' ????
this is very interesting?! googleit & find out how to mine some uranium, put it into a shell of nitroglycerin with multiple ignition points allarround, put it into a rocket.

so damn hard?!

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Ok, right HERE

I'm sure you will find some reason to discredit the story. When some people are proved wrong they just try and discredit the source. Sad, just sad.

We've all seen that before and it's a well known piece of mistranslated propaganda. The real transcripts are available and anyone with a dictionary can translate it for themselves - "occupying regime".. "pages of time". No mention of wiping any country "off the map". I wouldn't even bother replying but I'd like to know how this article addresses the original statement...

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Considering they have publicly stated their goal to wipe Israel off the map and destroy the West if we refuse to convert to their exact brand of the Muslim faith; the suspicions are well founded.

Seems like you'll have to try harder..

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I lost faith in U.S. intelligence after no WMDs were found in Iraq.

I just hope we don't' go to war with Iran under a false assumption that they are building a nuclear bomb.

We should let them continue building nuclear reactors that will be used for peaceful energy purposes. What reason does Iran need a nuke for? To bomb Israel? I believe they've made it quite clear they will not attack Israel. They only wish to see the borders of the state erased. When the Iranian president said they wish to wipe Israel off the map, I don't think he meant physically with bombs.

Also, why is it wrong for Iran to be anti-Israel? Why focus on Iran? There are a lot of people who are against Israel. Even certain groups of Jewish people are against having the state of Israel because it goes against the Torah. Does this mean those Jewish groups are seeking a nuclear bomb to wipe out Iran? Just because someone is anti-Israel, it does not mean they are anti-Jewish or that they want to kill all Israelis.

[edit on 23-10-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Look, if Iran wanted to use a nuke, they would have a long time ago, cause nuke have been available for purchase on the black market since the collapse of the USSR.

Nope, this is about oil, and pipelines, and strategic location, and war mongers gearing up for war because it is profitable.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by stompk

or North Korea as well.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was going to say "Grow up, you babies" but you will ... you will. People were saying the same about Churchill and couldn't believe that Hitler would carry out his threats. We waited too long to erase the Nazis. I don't want to wait too long this time. A stitch in time saves nine.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
bush minor is no Churchill and Iran is no Nazi Germany.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

They want to paint Iran as a country set out to get nuclear weapons to attack Israel and the west, so that the US goverment will not be looked down upon in the world as war mongerers and guilty war crimes when we attack Iran.

Interesting... and when American does NOT attack IRAN its because of a
rise of Antisemitism in America.

Is this too predictable or what.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join