It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More details on iraqi abuse by US Army....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by medic
actaully satry, it kinda has been about that.

That's just one light example of unfeeling acts of war. None of my posts have focused on that alone. I'm referring to soldiers who've grown cold, or always were cold...the type of people that think it's ok to be inhumane, as long as it's only the enemy they're abusing. To me, this is a sickness. It takes a lack of compassion that is indeed inhuman, no matter who the victim is.

[Edited on 1-27-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Garon...let me pose a question to you...you have a huge
truck full of soldiers bearing down on you...they tell you to move...either you have a reason not to move (ambush) or you are too retarded to be driving...I assure you if my car wouldnt run...I would PUSH the MOFO...(and you would too) IMO

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Hey mcgotti, go postsome where else. Your outa your lane here.

your in the army...you dont get to tell me what to do
sorry sir your outta "line" in telling me that..

link   
medic: Okay, let me go over my entire life story to show you how and why I come to the conclusions that I do.

Er, haha, right. You're obviously not going to listen to something you don't want to hear (as evidenced by your dodgy answers), so why bother. If you're so sure you're right, then stop trying to justify everything, it only makes you look desperate. Good job on the spelling lately, though.

And by the way, how exactly is it that you're able to be on AboveTopSecret.com all day when you're a soldier, apparently in Baghdad. It's like midnight there right now, don't you have something to do?

cyberpilot: "jackomo-ff you dont have a clue, get one."

Okay, I'll take Potpourri for 500$, Alex.

j

link   
Look buddy, they had thier car sitting side ways across a one lane road and wouldn't move it. what would you do Mr.humanitarian? getout and helpem move it? thats certian death waiting to happen. Wait....another question....Are you in Iraq? oh wait... your not...so you really don't know whats going on do you. And yes thats a good reason for you not to know whats going on, before sombody says somthing dumb about it. so step back and stay in your lane too.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Look buddy, they had thier car sitting side ways across a one lane road and wouldn't move it. what would you do Mr.humanitarian? getout and helpem move it? thats certian death waiting to happen. Wait....another question....Are you in Iraq? oh wait... your not...so you really don't know whats going on do you. And yes thats a good reason for you not to know whats going on, before sombody says somthing dumb about it. so step back and stay in your lane too.

I doubt this guy is even in iraq...id be willing to bet on it..I bet 20$..anybody in?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
Garon...let me pose a question to you...you have a huge
truck full of soldiers bearing down on you...they tell you to move...either you have a reason not to move (ambush) or you are too retarded to be driving...I assure you if my car wouldnt run...I would PUSH the MOFO...(and you would too) IMO

Oh don't give me that crap. You will never know what you'd do in that situation. What if the people in that car completely shut down with fear? Unable to react until that guy shoved a rifle in his face??? The guys car could have broken down the gears could have jammed. I understand the threat of ambush. I understand the threat of bombs. It's a dangerous place. Our soldiers are in danger. I get that. That however, IMO, does not give you the right to terrorize someone and brag about it. To destroy someones property it just seems wrong to me...

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I too was wondering whether the language barrier is a factor in this. If it appeared to be a road block, I don't blame you for running over the car. They shouldn't be so stupid as to try to stop a convoy of Army vehicles. And, on your side of the argument, there would be no reason to try, unless it was indeed an ambush.
My problem is when soldiers try to justify horrible acts of inhumanity, when it's easy to see that it's just anger driven hatred, sometimes disguised as apathy.

[Edited on 1-27-2004 by Satyr]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Jacko...Im sure you DO know about potpourri and flowers and such..

but war...hardly,

Have a Great day!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Garon...I will give you that "crap" because I served and I DO know what I would do...

but Id bet my claymores that you didnt.

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by cyberpilot]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I got dodgy answers huh? haha you still haven't said anything about combat in bosnia. Seems pretty dodgy to me. But you don't have to. you didn't see any. you want me to send you some picatures? prove i'm in baghdad? it's more than you can do for the bosnia thing.
The jepardy thingy was pretty cool too huh? you must feel clever. Oh and yeah when people get messed up then i got something to do. See thats whata medic does. but you know that. your a correspondant. you know about war.lol

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I got dodgy answers huh? haha you still haven't said anything about combat in bosnia. Seems pretty dodgy to me. But you don't have to. you didn't see any. you want me to send you some picatures? prove i'm in baghdad? it's more than you can do for the bosnia thing.
The jepardy thingy was pretty cool too huh? you must feel clever. Oh and yeah when people get messed up then i got something to do. See thats whata medic does. but you know that. your a correspondant. you know about war.lol

Shouldnt you be fighting for iraqi freedom[
] and not debating online whether or not your violent actions towards civilians are justified?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Are you in Iraq? oh wait... your not...so you really don't know whats going on do you. And yes thats a good reason for you not to know whats going on

Thats the perfect reason for us not to trust you or anything that the U.S. government says!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
hahaha listen to you...get grip man. if i wanna spend my free time here debating with ya'll i think i can. I mean i'm fighting for my rights. that ok with you? or should I ask permission? lol stay in your lane boy. You know especially since you don't trust us. And if you don't believe me and soldier medic are here in baghdad, then we can send you pictures. I can prove it. So everybody put your money where your mouth is if your so sure.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Big ups to my boys in Iraq!
Thanks for doing it for the rest of us!

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
McGotti: "I doubt this guy is even in iraq...id be willing to bet on it..I bet 20$..anybody in?"

I got 20$ that not only is he not there, but another 20$ that he hasn't graduated high school.

medic: "Are you in Iraq? oh wait... your not...so you really don't know whats going on do you. "

Can you say that one more time, please? I don't think it's sunk in after the last 50 times you've said it.

"haha you still haven't said anything about combat in bosnia. "

Sure, what do you want to know? What I witnessed, what I got investigated by CSIS for, what access I had to military brass and what access I had to infantry, what I mostly reported on, what offensives I saw firsthand, what I ate, what restaurants I went to? Please specify.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Big ups to my boys in Iraq!
Thanks for doing it for the rest of us!

Doing what for the rest of us
they are not fighting for ANYBODYS rights lol[what right are you defending??]...Even from bush co. himself ..he never said anything about "fighting for our rights" lol..thats a joke..your fighting for rich people to get richer..thats all..there isnt any iraqi freedom goin on over there sir. Unless by iraqi freedom you mean running over cars and shooting people up that "may" be a threat or simply "in the way" of your truck..kinda like you said the news people.."just get in the way"..seems like everybodies in the way of the u.s army..hmmmm i wonder why??

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
A good friend of mine went to the first Gulf war. He came back with the, "When you have a gun, the world is yours" attitude. We're still friends, but I realized that he'd been changed a bit. He had some homeless guy asking him for a ride once, and he was a bit annoying about it, so what did he do? Pulled the gun out, and laid it on the hood. See, to me, that's not necessary. It's more of a "big tough guy" attitude, that normally only proves how insecure you really are. I've been in similar situations, and never required a gun to deal with it. The only thing scarier than lethal weapons and/or fighting tactics, are the people who are all too anxious to use them.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

if i wanna spend my free time here debating with ya'll i think i can.

Hey mcgotti, go postsome where else. Your outa your lane here.

-------yeah your a hypocrite for sure--

I mean i'm fighting for my rights. that ok with you? or should I ask permission?

Id could ask you the same question hypocrite..do i have to seek permission to post here from you??and what rights are you fighting for??

lol stay in your lane boy. You know especially since you don't trust us.
hypocrite

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Satyr: Word, brother. I have three friends who were in Gulf War Part I and it changed them. One of them, Helen, is a total frickin mess because of some of the things she saw and did. The heat of the moment sometimes causes people to do terrible things that they think about for the rest of their lives.

dreamrebel: "Big ups to my boys in Iraq! Thanks for doing it for the rest of us!"

Nice sentiment, but unless you work at Bechtel or Halliburton or Lockheed Martin or Northrop Grunman they not doing anything for you at all except turning people against you.

I mean, you're occupying a foreign country, and the REASONS for it have proven to be a whole whack of lies.

Do you expect the rest of the world to applaud? You're seen as aggressors, and your president supports "pre-emptive strikes".

Apparently these pre-emptive strikes can be launched with totally bogus and faulty intelligence, too. How do you think that makes every other country feel? Go on, try.

jako

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join